Defensive Carry banner

Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

461K views 4K replies 397 participants last post by  sdprof 
#1 ·
I know this is day one for submitting applications, but why not start a thread to see just how long WI takes to review, background check, and issue CCW permits. If you get ANY action, post it, and keep it going to the top. Wisconsin, boldly going where only 48 other states have gone before!

#4,175 ·
#4,180 ·
The requirements for training to obtain a permit might be change on November 1, 2012. Due to that the cost of training by certified instructor will most likely increase. I suggest if you know someone that is "sitting on the fence" pondering getting a permit you might want to inform them not to wait too long to do so. Also the is not data on the proposed new rules concerning military veterans as to whether they will also be subject to the new rules or not.

#4,181 ·
I'm watching that one, Crowman. Of course Veterans never sat through a marksmanship class or ever shot a firearm.

I guess I'm not totally against any form of retraining but to make it more difficult & costly to obtain a CC license should not be the goal of our lawmakers. After all - they're supposed to work for US.

I suppose this latest Colorado shooting will have the anti-2A people out in full howl. They started before the gunsmoke even cleared Theater 9. Maybe we'll not be able to buy ammo via the internet anymore.

#4,185 ·
Well buddy of mine lets call him "George" got his permit 3rd day of November 2011. Permit Number well under 1000. Just started to carry this week. I got him all set. IWB hybrid with a Ruger LC9. About time George! Now lets get your wife into class and a new permit for her!

#4,187 ·
Maybe her's is a freebie!!!! :danceban:

#4,190 ·
Sent mine 7/5 got it 7/17. Pretty quick. My check was cleared a day before i got it. Made me nervous, I've heard some people were denied for having an incomplete app when it was complete and still got charged to resubmit even after the mistake was brought to light. Still waiting for my Utah which is unfortunate because I need it to carry in MN, which I am going to on Monday.

Reactions: sid1 and Crowman
#4,191 ·
Congrats on getting your CCL. It took me two months almost to the day to receive my Utah. 30 days for Florida. :yup:

#4,194 ·
Well, as the originator of this thread, I must say I never expected to see over 4000 replies and almst 190,000 views! Seems the state of Wisconsin isn't asleep at the wheel, like the rest of the country thought. Since I got my license in November, I have gotten several others to apply, now have my Arizona license to add to Utah and Florida (and of course, Wisconsin), and will soon be adding my wife and one of our older daughters to the Sheep-Dog Club. Congratulations to all, and let's keep this steam-rolling through 200,000 licenses.

#4,196 ·
We can't stop now . It is going well but the right to CC is coming under attach. There are those in place to take power now that made it clear they will repeal it.
Get signing up friends. The is power in numbers.

Reactions: bandrich
#4,200 ·
I mailed my application out on Thursday Aug 9th 2012 and just recived it in the mail today Monday Aug 20th 2912. Issused on 08/16/2012 # 123XXX. I am just sorry I waited so long to apply.
Cool I hope the last three numbers are 456 that would be really slick. Better late than never getting your CCL. Be careful out there. :image035:

#4,202 ·
My wife sent her application out on Thursday August 16. I am thinking her license number will be damn near a perfect 100,000 over mine (24,1##). Should be only a few days of waiting to find out!

#4,205 ·
She got it! 100,304 off from mine. 124,4##

Sent 8/16
Issued 8/22
Received in mail 8/25

Reactions: Crowman
#4,206 ·
Good service for your wife's license, MrMeanor. I beat her by on day. I must have hit it just right - a slow application day at DOJ & fast USPO days. It would be super-great to over over 200,000 by November. Maybe the politicians in some parts of the state (Milwaukee for one) would think twice if (when) they try to screw us over. Of course I mean numbers of voters - not number of packing, pissed off people, lol.

#4,207 ·
Numbers are a little weaker than we had hopped for but we have time. Sign up a friend soon. Numbers is the only hope we have of hanging on to the right we fought so hard for.

#4,209 ·
My wife and daughter and I all took a class that will be good for our WI, and MN permits. I have had my WI permit since Dec. My wife and daughter will be mailing their Wi in this next week. I plan to get my MN permit as soon as my renewd drivers license comes in the mail. Plans to go west for vacation next summer, so it will be much easier to CC.

#4,215 ·
As a complement to my Wisconsin CCW, I just got my Utah permit after about 50 days. Thought I would share this and bring this thread back to the top of the list.

#4,217 ·
Mailed in application on 10/10/12. CCW issued 10/12/12 (#134,XXX). Received in the mail on 10/16/12. Super fast turnaround time. Way to go Wisconsin! Still waiting for my UBG holster though. Gotta wear my cheap, pinchy IWB in the meantime. Oh well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.