Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I know this is day one for submitting applications, but why not start a thread to see just how long WI takes to review, background ...

Page 1 of 297 123451151101 ... LastLast
Like Tree2177Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

I know this is day one for submitting applications, but why not start a thread to see just how long WI takes to review, background check, and issue CCW permits. If you get ANY action, post it, and keep it going to the top. Wisconsin, boldly going where only 48 other states have gone before!

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    I'm tempted to make a quick drive over there just to carry concealed on the first day it's allowed. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    I'm tempted to make a quick drive over there just to carry concealed on the first day it's allowed. :D
    My plan Saturday...

I sent my application with copies of my Utah and Florida licenses, all paperwork completed, fees paid, and delivered Certified Mail at a cost of $5.79 postage and return receipt fee. The receipt I got today shows it was delivered to them on 11/2/2011 at 8:04 AM. The clock has officially started.........

End of the first week and WI has received over 20,000 applications. They have approved just under 800 and rejected about 120. They have 18 people doing the processing and 10 of those are temporary part time people. They also said they are going to have to move people from other departments to help and work weekends. They are supposed to be issuing all submitted in Nov. within 45 days and after Dec 1 they must be done in 21 days. Yeah right. Using round #'s 1000 apps processed by 18 people equals 55.5 per person and assuming they did not do many on the first day, Tuesday, say 3 full days equals 18.5 apps per 8 hour day or 2.3 per hour. At this rate the first 20,000 apps will be processed in 12 weeks and that is using math that is very generous because exact numbers without rounding would be closer to 1.4 per hour. Even the DMV is more efficient.
    Yhonny likes this.

permit time

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledown View Post
    End of the first week and WI has received over 20,000 applications. They have approved just under 800 and rejected about 120. They have 18 people doing the processing and 10 of those are temporary part time people. They also said they are going to have to move people from other departments to help and work weekends. They are supposed to be issuing all submitted in Nov. within 45 days and after Dec 1 they must be done in 21 days. Yeah right. Using round #'s 1000 apps processed by 18 people equals 55.5 per person and assuming they did not do many on the first day, Tuesday, say 3 full days equals 18.5 apps per 8 hour day or 2.3 per hour. At this rate the first 20,000 apps will be processed in 12 weeks and that is using math that is very generous because exact numbers without rounding would be closer to 1.4 per hour. Even the DMV is more efficient.
    Where are you finding the numbers for the submitted applications and how many were approved and rejected? Is it on the WI DOJ website?

It was in an article on the Milwaukee Journal website. Here is the link. More than 20,000 concealed carry applications pour in this week - JSOnline

I sent in my application on the first along with my Florida CCW and my wife's too.
    Waiting to see how long this takes.

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    They have approved just under 800 and rejected about 120

seems like a pretty high rejection rate?????
    Anubis likes this.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    The genius who decided to refuse to take early applications is probably regretting it. Overtime is not a good idea for the cash-strapped Wisconsin government.

One Week!

Mailed in my application on Tuesday, 11/1 and received permit in today's mail on 11/8. My License number is almost 800.
    JoJoGunn likes this.

They deposited my check today! Anyone know how long after they deposited your check it took to get your permit?
    Psalm 23
    In God I trust, it's the rest of you I'm concerned about

Certified Smith & Wesson M&P pistol and MP15 rifle armorer

I don't want you to get your hopes up too high, but my check cleared today and today is the day I got my license in the mail. Shouldn't be too long!

Just got my permit today. I sent it in last Tuesday, so it took one week. Me and my dad sent ours in at the same time, in the same envelope. He hasn't received his yet, which sucks. P.S. Oh, and I have been checking the bank every day online, and neither one of the checks has cleared yet.

Page 1 of 297 123451151101 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links