Things in WI just keep getting better

This is a discussion on Things in WI just keep getting better within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just read this on the Milwaukee Journal website Milwaukee Journal Sentinel - Breaking news, sports, business, watchdog journalism, multimedia in Wisconsin . WI is going ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Doubledown

Thread: Things in WI just keep getting better

Things in WI just keep getting better

Just read this on the Milwaukee Journal website Milwaukee Journal Sentinel - Breaking news, sports, business, watchdog journalism, multimedia in Wisconsin. WI is going to get Castle Doctrine and most likely by the end of the week!! The Assembly is discussing and voting today, the Senate will discuss and vote Wednesday and the Gov says he will sign it.

The best part of the new law is the shield from civil lawsuits if you are found justified, but it goes even further and says that you will be reimbursed for all defense costs of a civil action if you are justified. Here is the section from the Executive Summary that talks about it.

Under the bill, a person who uses force that is intended or likely to cause death
    or great bodily harm is immune from civil liability if the person reasonably believed
    that the force was necessary to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself or
    herself or to another person and if: 1) the individual against whom the force was used
    was in the process of unlawfully and forcibly entering, or had already forcibly
    entered, the residence of the person who used the force; 2) the person who used the
    force was present in the residence; and 3) the person who used the force knew or had
    reason to believe that an unlawful and forcible entry was occurring or had occurred.
    Under the bill for purposes of civil immunity, a person is not presumed to have
    reasonably believed that the force was necessary if: 1) the person who used the force
    was engaged in a criminal activity or was using his or her residence to further a
    criminal activity; or 2) the individual against whom the force was used had identified
    himself or herself as a peace officer (or was or should have been known to be a peace
    officer) and was entering the residence in the performance of his or her official duties.
    Under the bill, if a court finds that person who is sued in civil court is immune
    from liability, the person is entitled to attorney fees, court costs, compensation for
    income loss, and other expenses the person incurred to defend himself or herself
    against the civil action.

The only bad part is that the law does not apply to a self defense situation in public.

One of my favorite anti statements is from the head of a domestic abuse program who feels this law will offer protection to abusers so they will now be able to kill their wives with immunity. Grow up, if anything the wife is even more empowered when the abuser finds her and breaks in to her new residence.
    Firearm.Fan.Girl likes this.

2. Remove Ads

YIPPEE YI O KI A!!!!

Maybe I'll move!

WI has been lagging behind and catching up in a HURRY!

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    Simply MARVELOUS!!!!!
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

+1,000

Now if we can just get Chicago......I mean Illinois to jump on the wagon with Wisconsin.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Links