Crockett Keller May Loose CHL Instructor Lic. for Radio Ad

This is a discussion on Crockett Keller May Loose CHL Instructor Lic. for Radio Ad within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Hopyard I did a quick search of the act you mentioned and it appears to be California law. I have no idea ...

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Like Tree126Likes

Thread: Crockett Keller May Loose CHL Instructor Lic. for Radio Ad

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    I did a quick search of the act you mentioned and it appears to be California law. I have no idea if TX has anything similar. I actually couldn't find anything, but that might just mean I'm in over my head in the search of our TX Constitution and statutes.

But here's where I see one core issue/problem. It is in 14A and 2A. The CHL instructor is performing a government sanctioned service; precisely as the Notary Public does. Moreover, the service interacts with 2A, and as done by government also interact with the 14th's privileges of citizenship clause.

Are there not laws (and case law) that would prevent a Notary from telling someone they won't sign their Deed of Trust because they voted for Obama, or Bush, or whoever? How can a government function if a state doesn't enforce access to all citizens.

The bottom line here is that whatever laws require your county clerk to treat all comers equally must certainly apply to the Notary, and to the CHL instructor as these are both something more than private businesses and private business affairs. They are governmental in nature.
    It is California law, similar versions adopted and based on it in other states.
    Light travels faster than sound...thats why some people appear bright before they speak

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    I think this one is done.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Links