Crockett Keller May Loose CHL Instructor Lic. for Radio Ad

This is a discussion on Crockett Keller May Loose CHL Instructor Lic. for Radio Ad within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Texas Gun Instructor's Radio Ad Draws Fire...

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree126Likes

Thread: Crockett Keller May Loose CHL Instructor Lic. for Radio Ad

"I don't like repeat offenders, I like DEAD offenders!" -- Ted Nugent
    "Not everyone can be born with common sense, some are born liberals." -- MM218

VIP Member
    Good. He deserves to lose it. Maybe his FFL too.

Comes across rather eccentric to tell the truth. Not a good model for responsible gun owners and instructors at all. Guys like that become the posters for antis. Guys like that make the rest of the Texas population look really really bad.

He had opportunity to fix what he had done but chose to dig his heals in and rant
    in front to the cameras.

Too late now.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Well let me start by saying.....,Nevermind.

Sometimes your actions and words have consequences....
    Hopyard and MattInFla like this.

Take it all from this moronic hillbilly religious zealot!
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    Sometimes your actions and words have consequences....
    I don't mind consequences, but should it be the Gov. that levies them? Or should we let the market take care of it, or not. Lot's of complaining about PC on here. This would just be Gov. endorsement of it if he looses his certification, much less his FFL. Free speech or freedom to run your own business anyone?
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    I don't mind consequences, but should it be the Gov. that levies them? Or should we let the market take care of it, or not. Lot's of complaining about PC on here. This would just be Gov. endorsement of it if he looses his certification, much less his FFL. Free speech or freedom to run your own business anyone?
    There is free speech and then there is discrimination. Protected classes include race, color, and religion..... he is discriminating in a radio ad for his business based upon religion.... so yes the government should step in and deal with it in accordance with the US anti-discrimination laws.

The Federal Civil Rights Act guarantees all people the right to "full and equal enjoyment of the goods, services, facilities, privileges, advantages, and accommodations of any place of public accommodation, without discrimination or segregation on the ground of race, color, religion, or national origin."

We may not condone the remarks from Crokett Keller, but I have a sense that we no longer live in a free, representative democracy and a republic like the fore-fathers invisioned. Why should anyone be punished for speaking his mind and he's religious convictions? If he choses to do so there are consequences, but don't try to censure the person for speaking out. If the libs get offended, so be it, they are suppose to be the all inclusive and tolerant, except when a "right wing extremist" say's something. They (the libs) are not afraid to say anything, but we avoid saying anything that the left does'nt like because we fear having our lives destroyed. They will win in the end if we let them. Keller probably does'nt like what my religion is, but I still defend he's right to free speech. Many of us are walking away from these facts and walking away from the fight. Don't be decived, we're in a fight for the future of this country.

Quote Originally Posted by bolocanolo View Post
    We may not condone the remarks from Crokett Keller, but I have a sense that we no longer live in a free, representative democracy and a republic like the fore-fathers invisioned. Why should anyone be punished for speaking his mind and he's religious convictions? If he choses to do so there are consequences, but don't try to censure the person for speaking out. If the libs get offended, so be it, they are suppose to be the all inclusive and tolerant, except when a "right wing extremist" say's something. They (the libs) are not afraid to say anything, but we avoid saying anything that the left does'nt like because we fear having our lives destroyed. They will win in the end if we let them. Keller probably does'nt like what my religion is, but I still defend he's right to free speech. Many of us are walking away from these facts and walking away from the fight. Don't be decived, we're in a fight for the future of this country.
    no longer? The FCRA has been in effect since the early 60's how has that changed today?

Quote Originally Posted by rammerjammer View Post
    Take it all from this moronic hillbilly religious zealot!
    I'll second that. Every time a moron like this gets visibility he provides ammunition for the anti 2A crowd. This joker is an embarrassment. He needs to zip it. The sad thing is that most of us probably know someone like Crockett Keller.

It does'nt change today...My point exactly. We have been loosing our liberties little by little since the 1960's The libs are relentless and keep coming after you, they never give up and they're in our faces and we never hit back.
    ErnieNWillis likes this.

It does'nt change today...My point exactly. We have been loosing our liberties little by little since the 1960's The libs are relentless and keep coming after you, they never give up and they're in our faces and we never hit back.
    So you agree that private business owners should be able to discriminate based upon sex, religion, race, creed, disability... etc? Your water company has the right to shut off your utilities and refuse you service because you are black, or white, or christian, or muslim? The grocery store can refuse you food because they don't like the color of your skin, or what religion you practice? As long as it's not happening to you it's cool right?

That is a pretty dangerous stance to be taking...... and ignorant as well.
    gilraen and whiteox like this.

He paid money and took the class to get his CHL Instructor certificate,this is America and IMHO he has the right to refuse to do business with people he don't like,I believe that people who are offended by his Ad will not seek him out to take his classes,It could very well have a negative effect and he will see the number of people signing up for classes dwindle.
    I can guarantee you unlike water and or electric companies he doesn't have a monopoly on CHL licenses,there are probably 50+ Instructors in his area.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Losing our American freedoms didn't start in the 1960's. I likely started around 1789.

There are logical arguments how the change in federal taxation to support the War of 1812 had a deleterious effect on individual and state freedoms. The Revenue Act of 1862 to support the Civil War became the foundation for federal empowerment in our lives. The 16th Amendment in 1913 definitely can be cited as can Prohibition. The New Deal and Great Society initiatives also changed the fundamental role of government and curtails certain freedoms of the citizenry.

We often make a mistake of looking at history like the world began the day we were born. This has all been acted out before in history. The wheel keeps turning.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    He paid money and took the class to get his CHL Instructor certificate,this is America and IMHO he has the right to refuse to do business with people he don't like,I believe that people who are offended by his Ad will not seek him out to take his classes,It could very well have a negative effect and he will see the number of people signing up for classes dwindle.
    I can guarantee you unlike water and or electric companies he doesn't have a monopoly on CHL licenses,there are probably 50+ Instructors in his area.
    If you are going to provide a service to the public, do so with out bigotry, ignorance, and hate or don't do it at all. I truly hope loads of muslims sign up for his class, and he refuses them, then he gets litigated right out of existence.
    EdC and whiteox like this.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Links