FNC: "THE FIVE" Lively CCW Discussion - Page 2

FNC: "THE FIVE" Lively CCW Discussion

This is a discussion on FNC: "THE FIVE" Lively CCW Discussion within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Not for anything people but you do not have to be far right to be PRO gun. I am not anything but dead center politically ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: FNC: "THE FIVE" Lively CCW Discussion

Not for anything people but you do not have to be far right to be PRO gun. I am not anything but dead center politically and I have and have had, since twelve years of age, owned guns. I have had a CCW for over 35 years and carry as often as I legally can in NY State. You do not have to be a Liberal to be anti gun but it seems to help. All I am saying is there are others like myself that hang here that are not Right wingers that enjoy and cherish the right to have and maintain our gun rights. As for this idiot, well, he's and idiot, enough said.
    Be safe, Frank.
    9MMare, noway2 and JDE101 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMac View Post
    Beckel is another one of the archetype hardcore lefties.

His attitude: if you don't agree with me, it's because you're a [insert ad hominem slight here].

People who agree with me = smart, savvy, intellectual
    People who disagee with me = stupid, redneck, loon

That's some real third grade thought process.

It's OK to disagree and say something like, "I don't agree with concealed carry for citizens because [cite facts, analysis, or statistics]. However, it's a lot easier to simply smear your intellectual opponent with unprovable slander.
    You hit it right on the head. I personally do not particularly like any of the extremism, either the far left or the far right. However, what I will say about those who appear on the far right is that they will debate with you. They will argue statistics (rightfully or not), and the debate is on. The problem with the far left is that if you disagree with them it is because you are at best simply "not enlightened" or, as said above, stupid/ignorant or whatever else you want to insert. One can have a debate, however heated, with the far right. With those on the far left, don't even bother to try.
    Best way to win a gun fight? "That's easy, don't show up."
    --Wyatt Earp

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
    -- Wyatt Earp

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy90 View Post
    I love how he asserted that an increase in gun owning women would result in a rash of dead husbands .
    A particularly sick and misogynistic comment. Esp considering how many men shoot their female partners.
    helderberg likes this.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Quote Originally Posted by 9MMare View Post
    A particularly sick and misogynistic comment. Esp considering how many men shoot their female partners.
    As stated - your typical hardcore lefty. I am not some right-wing zealot, but I detest trying to discuss an issue with someone like a Beckel. He screams "hate speech" if what you say doesn't align with his personal worldview, while he himself is race-obsessed, misogynistic, and ill-informed.
    Bark'n and JDE101 like this.

Beckel was the campaign manager for Walter Mondale's 1984 presidential campaign. Mondale lost 49 of 50 states, getting electoral votes from his home state Minnesota, and Wash DC. 'nuff said.
    "A gun is a tool, Marion. No better and no worse than any other tool - an axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that." --from "Shane" (Alan Ladd) -1953

Well...i am a redneck & proud of it...one thing that chaps..... my..... hide.... are elitist snobs...but i digress

With respect to crime, punishment, and self-defense, the term "liberal" generally equates to fantasy thoughts about reality, a lack of first-hand experience, and a false sense of security from thinking it always happens to someone else or the police will always be around for protection. On the other hand, the term "conservate" generally equates to one who is in complete touch with reality and simply knows better by personal experience or plain old common sense.

Ever notice that, when reality suddenly pops the bubble of fantasy, you see a lot of liberals suddenly convert to conservatives - but you seldom ever see a conservative convert to a liberal.

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    Outer_Heaven likes this.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    You hit it right on the head. I personally do not particularly like any of the extremism, either the far left or the far right. However, what I will say about those who appear on the far right is that they will debate with you. They will argue statistics (rightfully or not), and the debate is on. The problem with the far left is that if you disagree with them it is because you are at best simply "not enlightened" or, as said above, stupid/ignorant or whatever else you want to insert. One can have a debate, however heated, with the far right. With those on the far left, don't even bother to try.
    It depends on the source your picking. There is plenty of the ignorant, unenlightened, angry, hate speech on both sides. If you pick a "right" venue, the left are made to look like idiots. If you pick a "left" venue the right do. In fact, if you find a moderate venue, you will even see this garbage from both the right and the left.

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglebeak
    Ever notice that, when reality suddenly pops the bubble of fantasy, you see a lot of liberals suddenly convert to conservatives - but you seldom ever see a conservative convert to a liberal.
    I was born and raised die hard Republican. I carried these views through college. Over time, I have become more moderate. As I have said in other forums, socially I am very libertarian. Economically I lean to the left. The Pro-2A and pro CCW groups would be a lot stronger if they would quit denigrating the left with blanket generalizations.

People like Beckel are why I left Maryland and never intend on going back.

VIP Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    Greg Gutfeld from Reason.tv? He's great.
    Hakkaa päälle!

Quote Originally Posted by SCfromNY View Post
    I only watch the show to see Andrea's and Kimberley's legs on the far shot.
    In and of it's self a reason to watch

concealed weapons

Code:

only certain prople should be able to carry concealed weapons like cops and private detectives

i watch like to watch them to but i like the discussions

Beckle is a self admitted Drunk............with many problems........he's just there as the whipping boy and he's doing it for money.
    That makes him a drunken massachistic Fat Man.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links