Anyone go Jame Bond in their House?

This is a discussion on Anyone go Jame Bond in their House? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I leave mine in my bed next to my wife cause I ain't sleeping there! LOL Originally Posted by 2wheelGnnr Actually my wifes suggestion. Anyone ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Anyone go Jame Bond in their House?

I leave mine in my bed next to my wife cause I ain't sleeping there! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelGnnr View Post
    Actually my wifes suggestion. Anyone have hidden cubbies or areas in the a hollow book or wall for a defensive firearm just in case?

My wife is suggesting so that my gun is not sitting out at night or in the safe I take and hinge a picture on the wall in the bedroom with a hollow cavity behind it. shes thinking this way its right there but not "SITTING OUT" She hates ANYTHING like that sitting out in plain view or that the kids can see. All my kids older but still. she thinking a good place to keep it when sleeping or another for a Just in case scenerio as we live in a rural area and no one else is around all day when she is there working. Works out of the house........

Your thoughts as Im sitting here and things a little slow at the office today.
    One more step and it's on!

2. Remove Ads

Here's an idea I like,, but haven't done...yet.
    If you have a closet with the sliding doors, make a false wall on one end.
    That creates a space that looks like the side wall of the closet. In that wall,
    install a circuit breaker panel cover. Lockable is good,
    but very few will open an electrical panel looking for valuables, or guns.
    With the clothes back in, no one will notice the walls are offset by a bit.

I also like hollowing out a Bible, get an old, worn one. Thieves don't page through a Bible.
    Put it in your bookcase with other books.
    carverelli likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelGnnr View Post
    Actually my wifes suggestion. Anyone have hidden cubbies or areas in the a hollow book or wall for a defensive firearm just in case?

My wife is suggesting so that my gun is not sitting out at night or in the safe I take and hinge a picture on the wall in the bedroom with a hollow cavity behind it. shes thinking this way its right there but not "SITTING OUT" She hates ANYTHING like that sitting out in plain view or that the kids can see. All my kids older but still. she thinking a good place to keep it when sleeping or another for a Just in case scenerio as we live in a rural area and no one else is around all day when she is there working. Works out of the house........

Your thoughts as Im sitting here and things a little slow at the office today.
    The gun that goes on my side of the bed at night is my carry gun... It's never "SITTING OUT," except for that time. Her gun is in her bedside table. We have no children at home. If you don't want your gun sitting out even as you sleep, you could mount a holster on the bed frame.

There have been times I've left mine in the holster on the jeans I wore that day, right by my side of the bed. If you "just have to" get up to check out that "bump in the night," slide your jeans on with the holster and weapon in it's usual place. Actually, more often than not, that's exactly the way I do it every night.
    Politicians, take note of Colorado 9/10/2013.
    "You are elected to service, not power.
    Your job is to "serve us" not to lord power over us."
    Me, 9/11/13

If you don't want your gun sitting out even as you sleep, you could mount a holster on the bed frame.
    The inexpensive Uncle Mikes IWB holsters have a clip that actually fits on the bed frame very well. Cover it with the bed skirt (Duvet?) or whatever that thing is, and it is hidden and dust free.

KDV
    Just picked up one these off of ebay.

Bed Holster Rack
    The perpetual changes which have been rung upon the wealthy, the well-born, and the great, have been such as to inspire the disgust of all sensible men.
    Alexander Hamilton, The Federalist Papers No. 85

In answer to the original question.

My weapon is always on me unless im showering or sleeping. Hidden cubbies are great for hiding valuables, on your person is best for firearms.
    Majorlk and 10thmtn like this.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Does having a hidden room/vault count?
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links