Anyone go Jame Bond in their House?

This is a discussion on Anyone go Jame Bond in their House? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Actually my wifes suggestion. Anyone have hidden cubbies or areas in the a hollow book or wall for a defensive firearm just in case? My ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Anyone go Jame Bond in their House?

Actually my wifes suggestion. Anyone have hidden cubbies or areas in the a hollow book or wall for a defensive firearm just in case?

My wife is suggesting so that my gun is not sitting out at night or in the safe I take and hinge a picture on the wall in the bedroom with a hollow cavity behind it. shes thinking this way its right there but not "SITTING OUT" She hates ANYTHING like that sitting out in plain view or that the kids can see. All my kids older but still. she thinking a good place to keep it when sleeping or another for a Just in case scenerio as we live in a rural area and no one else is around all day when she is there working. Works out of the house........

Your thoughts as Im sitting here and things a little slow at the office today.
    Please...work HARDER as MILLIONS on welfare depending on YOU !!

VIP Member
    You can hide a gun like that for quick access, but be advised. Depending on your states laws, it will probably not be considered child safe. I would also not want to depend on a burglar not finding it. Hidden compartments have been used for century's and your not going to hide it someplace that hasn't been used before.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

No, but I do go "COMMANDO",is that the same?
    Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelGnnr View Post
    Actually my wifes suggestion. Anyone have hidden cubbies or areas in the a hollow book or wall for a defensive firearm just in case?

My wife is suggesting so that my gun is not sitting out at night or in the safe I take and hinge a picture on the wall in the bedroom with a hollow cavity behind it. shes thinking this way its right there but not "SITTING OUT" She hates ANYTHING like that sitting out in plain view or that the kids can see. All my kids older but still. she thinking a good place to keep it when sleeping or another for a Just in case scenerio as we live in a rural area and no one else is around all day when she is there working. Works out of the house........

Your thoughts as Im sitting here and things a little slow at the office today.

James Bond is commando with a martini....

...I've got to stop doing this...

sorry BTT...
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

My wife keeps moving stuff around, anything that is "just sitting out" gets put up somewhere. I cant tell you how many times I have had to do a full on search for some of my gear...lol so I get what you are saying with the wife not wanting things sitting out. so, for me I carry my snub 357 IWB at the house, I have S&W M&P 45 squirreled away in a drawer, shot gun hidden behind a door, Kbar(that I have had since bootcamp) tucked snuggly away near the bed, baseball bat non chalantly sitting in the garage, 4 D cell mag light in closet..lol pretty much every room has something that I have stashed and the actual firearms my wife and daughter both know where they are located just in case. keep this in mind though...a can of shaving cream can be a weapon if you use it to beat an intruder's A**.

Now that I have actually thought about it, I did all this with out much thought put into it. I mean I did not go out and set up my house as a defensive strong hold intentionally. guess its just my training. We live just outside of city limits. Far enough to have deer on my back porch but close enough to go to DQ for Ice cream, not a high crime area but we did have some one shining a flash light in our living room window about 3 am a few months back...wife had the shotgun ready to go.

shooterX and OD* like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    Ah...Honey Ryder!!
    "Don't start none, won't be none!"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    Cute.

Her, not you - JK
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Glockrocker

As long as you keep that thing CONCEALED while you are commando all will be okay!
    Please...work HARDER as MILLIONS on welfare depending on YOU !!

Roger That!
    Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelGnnr View Post
    Glockrocker

As long as you keep that thing CONCEALED while you are commando all will be okay!

After a few power outages and before we had the money for guns I bought several 4D mag lights with the plastic "spring clip" holders. I attached one to the back of the headboard near the floor on both sides of the bed as well as just inside the coat closet by the front door and a few more strategic locations. That served me for several years until I got the XDM's. The flashlights are still there since we now rely on them being there when we need one, but some of the locations have had additional neighbors move in to keep the flashlights company.

Administrator
    Slightly Off Topic but, directly related to James Bond.

This wealthy dude on the show American Guns had his fancy dandy car set up as a BOND vehicle AKA with switches on the dash for smoke screen, oil slick, etc...& went to the American Guns Gunsmoke shop to have two firearms mounted on the underside front of his vehicle.
    They fired through a slotted front bumper.

They settled on two Stainless Walther PPK/s handguns (mounted upside down BTW) that would fire remotely using solenoid switches to operate the handgun triggers.

Nice to know that the Walther PPK/S pistols were functioning perfectly when fired in an upside down position.

Ex Member
    I have accessible handguns in the living room, bedroom, and bath. No trick crap though.

nothing much i have a coat hanger gun in the front door area..a fire poker gun in the living room also a tv remote control gun.. a shower nozzle gun in the bathroom a lamp gun in the bedroom and a pool cue gun in the game room..beyond that i dont get too fancy...
    dripster likes this.

I "hide in plain sight".

My wife keeps moving stuff around, anything that is "just sitting out" gets put up somewhere. I cant tell you how many times I have had to do a full on search for some of my gear...
    Try putting some of her toiletries and cosmetics "somewhere" because they were "just sitting out" in the bathroom or bedroom.
    dripster and hogdaddy like this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links