AR Honors WI / DE Honors NM

This is a discussion on AR Honors WI / DE Honors NM within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Arkansas has added Wisconsin to the list of states it will honor. Delaware will now honor New Mexico. Wisconsin Page has been updated at Handgunlaw.us ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: AR Honors WI / DE Honors NM

Senior Member Array Gary Slider's Avatar

Arkansas has added Wisconsin to the list of states it will honor. Delaware will now honor New Mexico. Wisconsin Page has been updated at Handgunlaw.us to show the latest changes. IT also looks like Applications in WI will be huge in the first week or so. WI DOJ site had over 80,000 downloads of their application in the first day. More states will be adding WI in the coming weeks. As they list WI that information will be posted.
    Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network

VIP Member
    As always, thanks for keeping us up to date Gary.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

VIP Member
    Thanks for the update, Gary.

For the latest from Wisconsin:

WI Department of Justice - Law Enforcement Services
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Thanks Gary, we appreciate all the work you do to keep us informed.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    Great update; Thanks. As a recent transplant to Wisconsin from Minnesota it appears we will be eclipsing their (Minnesota's) 2A freedoms in short order. New castle law soon to be a reality too it seems. Also fun seeing those Libs. in Milwaukee and Madison squirm a little too.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Thanks for the update, without you it would be VERY difficult to stay abreast to the constant changes. The one thing I noticed when making a reciprocity map is that when I select the WI permit it doesn't show I can carry in WI. Just a minor glitch .
    Psalm 23
    In God I trust, it's the rest of you I'm concerned about

Certified Smith & Wesson M&P pistol and MP15 rifle armorer

Quote Originally Posted by natimage View Post
    Thanks for the update, without you it would be VERY difficult to stay abreast to the constant changes. The one thing I noticed when making a reciprocity map is that when I select the WI permit it doesn't show I can carry in WI. Just a minor glitch .
    Are you referring to this map?

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by natimage View Post
    as i recall your application was short on postage. It probably will be coming back. Sounds like the web site is smarter than we know LOL. just teasing you a bit sure all will be OK.
    natimage likes this.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

No He is talking about the Create a map application. We had major trouble with it most of the day. Another map kept bleeding through and making a mess of things. Steve had to build a whole new overlay map for WI. I sent him the list of states to make the proper color but I missed one. Shame on me. We will have that fixed ASAP. Steve travels in his work and he has to do that so it may be a few days. Thank you for pointing that out.
    Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

According to NM's page....DE requires signed agreements. Does this mean that NM needs to update their list?

NM Already had Delaware on their list of states they honored. NM just listed states that had laws similar to theirs. Then they decided to try and get signed agreements. DE Signed with them so now DE honors their permit. I guess Minnesota would not sign with them as they removed MN about 10 days to 2 weeks ago.
    Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

Reciprocity with Other States

North Dakota has added Wisconsin to the list of states it will honor. There will be more additions in the coming weeks and months.
    Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

Senior Member Array GoBigOrange's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Slider View Post
    Reciprocity with Other States

North Dakota has added Wisconsin to the list of states it will honor. There will be more additions in the coming weeks and months.
    Gary, do you foresee WI and FL having reciprocity in the future? I was surprised Fl didn't make the list.

I just read somewhere...don't know how much truth there is to it...but because the FL permit is issued by Dept of Agriculture they don't/can't do a NICS check...which WI does require for recip.

Hopefully somebody can say this is incorrect and it's just a matter of time for WI and FL to do written agreement.

Florida will honor anyone who honors them. No matter what their laws say. WI is the only hold up in this matter and I don't know what that is. It has to do with the background checks that WI does. But again not sure exactly what it is and how it makes a difference. Sorry. But as for the NICS checks the FL Handgun Unit can run them even though they are attached to the Dept of Agriculture.

As for other states Montana and Wyoming should add them shorty. There will be more. It would be next July before Nevada could honor them if they will. They only update once a year and have done it the last two years on 7/1. But we will just have to wait and see. Many times there is no rhyme or reason for one state honor another state but then not honoring another.
    Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links