CC Backpack?

CC Backpack?

This is a discussion on CC Backpack? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does any one know of a small day/backpack that has a built in holster for a 1911 frame? When I hike in the summer I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: CC Backpack?

CC Backpack?

Does any one know of a small day/backpack that has a built in holster for a 1911 frame?
    When I hike in the summer I typically wear shorts and a tank top and that makes a concealed carry difficult I also don't want to open carry so I have tried to find with out any luck a smaller day pack with some kind of a side holster built in.
    Any one got a lead or do I need to start designing one?

Thanks in advance.

The Camelbak Demon fits the bill.

Look at any of the Maxpedition or Camelbak backpacks.
    BkCo1, JDE101 and marcclarke like this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    My maxpedition falcon II has a rear zipper compartments that can quickly be accessed by flipping one strap off of your shouldering and spinning the bag around. It is velcro lined for the custom placement of a hook and loop holster.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

I don't favor off body carry. Period. But that's just me (and a few others, I s'pose). When I carry guns in a bag, it's in multiples, and they're in my range bag. My loaded carry gun is still on me.
    Secret Spuk likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Administrator
    Whatever you decide on - just make certain that you can gain access to it very quickly should you need it.
    A gun that you get to "one second too late" is exactly as useful as the one that you left at home in the gun safe.
    Bark'n likes this.

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    You might also check out the 5.11 backpacks. I have one of their fanny-packs and am very happy with it; its made very well and appears to be very durable.

Administrator
    The 5.11 Select Carry Pistol Pouch should work out for you. $39.99

Concealed Carry Fanny Pack | Select Carry Pistol Pouch | 5.11 Tactical

I second the 5.11 brand. I have the Covert 18 and it works great for me.

I usually open carry when I hike. However, I want to get away from that. What I don't like is my holster is attached to the hip belt of my pack so if I take the pack off the pistol comes off. I'm now looking at getting the kit bag from Hill People Gear. That way I can take my pack off and my pistol stays on. Plus it gives me a spot for some snacks, GPS, etc. Hill People Gear | Real use gear for backcountry travelers They start showing up about the third row down. If you need something bigger you could get the Kifaru Koala. https://kifaru.net/koala.html I know some people will use thigh rigs for backpacking but I don't like anything on my legs and I like to use my cargo pockets when I hike. I can't use a belt holster because it will interfere with the waist belt on my pack so I think the Kit bag will be the way to go.

Budget? How big? https://kifaru.net/koala.html
    Dang it I didn't see the post above ***??? But Kifaru makes good gear IME

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    The 5.11 Select Carry Pistol Pouch should work out for you. $39.99

Concealed Carry Fanny Pack | Select Carry Pistol Pouch | 5.11 Tactical
    This is the same one that I have, except mine is all one color - black. Its a nice pack.

Hi everyone. I have the max edition Malaga and the 5.11 bags are readily available here where I live. The problem is the colors, materials, velcronpatches and Molle attachments are very much associated with tactical gear. It may not be in most areas but it is here. This means these bags just make everyone assume that I am bringing a gun.

I work in a resort and cannot carry on my person all the time, especially here where everyone assumes you are carrying.

Can anyone point me towards a concealed carry bag that is big enough to carry other everyday stuff? One that does not look tactical at all. I read aout a camel bak demon or goblin but can't find it anymore. I also read about crossbreed haing a leather one but can't find that one either.

I would not say that money is not an issue but I am willing to spend quite a bit as I will be using it everyday. I can justify just about anything to myself. Haha.

Thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by partridge View Post
    Hi everyone. I have the max edition Malaga and the 5.11 bags are readily available here where I live. The problem is the colors, materials, velcronpatches and Molle attachments are very much associated with tactical gear. It may not be in most areas but it is here. This means these bags just make everyone assume that I am bringing a gun.

I work in a resort and cannot carry on my person all the time, especially here where everyone assumes you are carrying.

Can anyone point me towards a concealed carry bag that is big enough to carry other everyday stuff? One that does not look tactical at all. I read aout a camel bak demon or goblin but can't find it anymore. I also read about crossbreed haing a leather one but can't find that one either.

I would not say that money is not an issue but I am willing to spend quite a bit as I will be using it everyday. I can justify just about anything to myself. Haha.

Thanks guys
    Most of those manufacturers will ship overseas. If not, you might try ebay. A lot of ebayers will ship internationally.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links