Defensive Carry banner

USCCA, Again.

32K views 123 replies 80 participants last post by  MJClark 
#1 ·
I hate to disparage one of our sponsors. Especially the newest one that I am aware of. But for me, this is "over the top" and wrong.

It appears that USCCA, having created their new Defense Shield insurance backed program, is no longer going to allow members to just join for the magazine and forum. It is now requiring the purchase of their Defense Shield program with new memberships or renewals.

While this is not so different than say, AAA, which is an insurance company to begin with, and became an association of insureds. USCCA is the opposite. It was an association of like minded individuals, and an insurance backed option was made available, long after the origination of the group.

Now, like minded individuals who were a part of the group and paid membership fees to belong, but who feel no need for the insurance offered, will not be allowed to continue their membership unless they purchase the insurance backed option in addition to their regular membership. In my mind, that makes it little better than a scam with a magazine.

So, to Tim Schmidt, I say NO.

Link to the letter "explaining" it all >>>here<<<

See less See more
#120 ·
I, too, canceled my subscription and was happy to pocket the refund check for the unused portion of my membership. It may take all kinds, but we don't have to be stupid about it! Besides, this forum is the best over-all gun/carry/etc., to be found anywhere! JMHO.:yup:

#122 ·
Being a newbie to the concealed carry world just a few months back, I checked out the USCCA myself and was a bit leery from the start. Just seemed like too much hype. Anyway, I signed on to the forum just to see what it would be like and immediately got the "hard-sell" on the insurance that included, shall we say, 'numerous' emails to watch videos and many other demonstrations (plus 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc, chances to buy) that just didn't do anything for me. Finally got fed up with all the pressure and signed myself out. Glad I did. As was mentioned above, most, if not all, the info need for proper concealed carry comes from fine sites like this anyway.

#124 ·
I have read several issues of there magazine because a friend had a subscription. I just checked with them, and you can get a magazine only subscription without the insurance stuff. It is a bit expensive, but given the material in it, I wonder if it would be a good value.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.