USCCA, Again.

This is a discussion on USCCA, Again. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by TBob The ACLDN website is very clear about how the system works. Yes, it is; THEY decide whether or not you have ...

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree126Likes

Thread: USCCA, Again.

Quote Originally Posted by TBob View Post
    The ACLDN website is very clear about how the system works.
    Yes, it is; THEY decide whether or not you have a case. So far they has only supported two.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Majorlk View Post
    Yes, it is; THEY decide whether or not you have a case. So far they has only supported two.
    That's not what it says. The ACLDN will provide assistance for members in cases of bona fide self-defense. That seems appropriate to me. The two examples to date as well as their training material and demeanor give me comfort that the association acts in good faith. I don't see how any legitimate association should be expected to cover illegal acts. If you shoot your neighbor because his tree drop leaves on your yard, you are on your own.
    RugerMak and T76 like this.
    "To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them"
    - George Mason, American Statesman (1725-92)

To each his own interpretation.
    jem102 likes this.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Majorlk View Post
    Majorlk:

I can accept your interpretation. When we set this up, we vowed not to help people get away with murder. So yes, if we review the case file and it is clear to us that this is not a case of self-defense, but instead of pre-meditated murder, (or even manslaughter), the member is on his own. When one joins the Network, they hopefully understand this. But one thing we do and will continue to do, is to produce educational material to help educate out members on the proper and legal use of force in self-defense, so if a member is faced with having to make those critical decisions, at least he does so with the knowledge that we have provided him. The Network is not for everyone. We can accept that too.
    RugerMak likes this.
    Marty Hayes, President
    Armed Citizens' Legal Defense Network, Inc.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org

Marty,

Thanks for posting here. While I believe it is incumbent upon me and only me to be certain I am in the right legally and morally (hard to guarantee civilly in this state... I could be right in both other regards and still be sued) should I ever have to use my weapon, I can see where being a part of your organization may have some merit.

If for no other reason than you aren't screaming at me that I must do this, or I will be bankrupt, and spend years in the slammer, and never see my wife and children again... and you aren't reminding me that I have only 30 minutes left to save my soul thru the purchase of your "advanced membership" at bargain basement pricing, with easy payments. (I keep waiting for the "Wait! That's not all!" I dunno why (I'm waiting), he's done that as well... free stuff! entry in a drawing, for tactical stuff too!)

I don't bemoan anyone offering a product that has value and making a buck or two on it. I do decry hucksterism, and the product that is being hawked.

So, thank you for being civil, defending your product in a respectable manner, and not telling everybody within earshot that your product is the best, etc. ad infinitum.
    MadMac and RugerMak like this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Hayes View Post
    Majorlk:

I can accept your interpretation. When we set this up, we vowed not to help people get away with murder. So yes, if we review the case file and it is clear to us that this is not a case of self-defense, but instead of pre-meditated murder, (or even manslaughter), the member is on his own. When one joins the Network, they hopefully understand this. But one thing we do and will continue to do, is to produce educational material to help educate out members on the proper and legal use of force in self-defense, so if a member is faced with having to make those critical decisions, at least he does so with the knowledge that we have provided him. The Network is not for everyone. We can accept that too.
    Thank you for your post. I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Marty,

Thanks for posting here. While I believe it is incumbent upon me and only me to be certain I am in the right legally and morally (hard to guarantee civilly in this state... I could be right in both other regards and still be sued) should I ever have to use my weapon, I can see where being a part of your organization may have some merit.

If for no other reason than you aren't screaming at me that I must do this, or I will be bankrupt, and spend years in the slammer, and never see my wife and children again... and you aren't reminding me that I have only 30 minutes left to save my soul thru the purchase of your "advanced membership" at bargain basement pricing, with easy payments. (I keep waiting for the "Wait! That's not all!" I dunno why (I'm waiting), he's done that as well... free stuff! entry in a drawing, for tactical stuff too!)

I don't bemoan anyone offering a product that has value and making a buck or two on it. I do decry hucksterism, and the product that is being hawked.

So, thank you for being civil, defending your product in a respectable manner, and not telling everybody within earshot that your product is the best, etc. ad infinitum.
    Oakchas.

Thanks. I started teaching firearms and self-defense 24 years ago, and over these years, saw people, honest law abiding citizens who did nothing more than defend themselves being prosecuted for that, prosecuted by polticians who did not understand self-defense law, or had a political agenda against guns. Well, as a firearms instructor and sometimes expert witness, I was basically powerless to prevent these injustices.

So, when I became successful enough to do something about it, I got my law degree and also hit upon the idea of offering membership in a self-help organization, centered around the concept of each of us being willing to assist each other if needed. I also knew that people need led occasionally, so we put the concept of the Network together. I spent about a year working out the details, and gaining the cooperation with many other leaders in the industry. So, we rolled the dice and the Network was born, in 2008, with a dozen members and no money in the legal defense fund. We now have 4500 members with over $150K in the legal defense fund, and growing every day.

No, we do not try to convince people to join, other than attempting to honestly represent the Network for what it is, and those who decide it is logical to join, will do so.

Anyway, thanks for the kind comments.
    RugerMak, T76, CCBob and 1 others like this.
    Marty Hayes, President

Got spammed by these guys AGAIN today. I unsubscribed a long time ago because I was sick of my inbox filling up with paranoia. And so what do I find today? They are spamming me again, this time through Glock Talk! Sheesh!
    RugerMak likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by protek View Post
    Got spammed by these guys AGAIN today. I unsubscribed a long time ago because I was sick of my inbox filling up with paranoia. And so what do I find today? They are spamming me again, this time through Glock Talk! Sheesh!
    I got a GlockTalk spam, as well.
    vista461 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bolocanolo View Post
    Funny thing!!! Since my last email requesting information on "defense shield" I have not received any more emails, either from the organization or spamming me for "defense shield". Heck...I didn't even get the email onacoma got, announcing the "distribution of assistance", by defense shield. This emal to member, (of defense shield) could be a direct result of what it's being said in this forum and other furums. Offering scant information will not keep the members renewing. I think they see "the writting on the wall".
    "Defense Shield" from USCCA has nothing whatsoever to do with ACLDN. They are two entirely separate organizations.
    RugerMak likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by FTG3Johnston View Post
    "Defense Shield" from USCCA has nothing whatsoever to do with ACLDN. They are two entirely separate organizations.
    We know that... and how does that relate to your quote?
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    I got a GlockTalk spam, as well.
    Same here.

I have been a member since the 'first' magazine...I still have them all, but after receiving this information, I will not be renewing my membership.
    Greed kills a lot of things...OMOYMV
    RugerMak and killingjoke like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I got spammed through Glocktalk today too. Heavy Sigh.
    Marty Hayes, President

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    We know that... and how does that relate to your quote?
    Sorry, my little pea brain got all confused and I didn't read what I quoted carefully enough Please ignore my pontification.

Links