USCCA, Again. - Page 7

USCCA, Again.

This is a discussion on USCCA, Again. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by marcus40 I have been a member of USCCA for several years, due to lack of judgement last October i selected the insurance ...

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Like Tree126Likes

Thread: USCCA, Again.

Quote Originally Posted by marcus40 View Post
    I have been a member of USCCA for several years, due to lack of judgement last October i selected the insurance and provided my credit card info. I was supposed to be charged $44 Quarterly, my credit card was charged $44 in October, again in November and again in December. So I am getting out of the organization. That Tim really starting rubbing me wrong when he wanted us to use his buddy for investment opportunities. So, I am going on line now and remove my credit card info and just let my membership expire. I looked here to see if others felt the same way, and sure enough I did.
    Thanks,
    Marcus

I had the same problem with USCCA and my credit card, I actually had my credit card company calling me wondering who they were because of the way they were placing charges against my card. Had to close the card and get a new one issued . Don't trust them at all ....SCAM
    US Navy Veteren
    Ruger SP101 357 3" Barrel
    Taurus 65 357 Mag
    Glock 19 Gen3
    Walther PK 380
    www.guntoters.com

Quote Originally Posted by tet4 View Post
    BTW, I actually don't think he's made a whole lot - I'm pretty sure this has put him in big debt. He wrote something a while ago about it and how he almost lost his house, etc.
    Was given a membership which ran out and have not renewed - I will not given the whole insurance thing.

Given the rest of the marketing approach I am not inclined to take his hard luck story at face value. Perhaps this is a good guy who came up with an idea and has allowed others to be his marketing arm...don't know...but the approach is definitely aversive and I think he may become a victim of it.
    "To predict the behavior of ordinary people in advance, you only have to assume that they will always try to escape a disagreeable situation with the smallest possible expenditure of intelligence." Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    I down-loaded one of their "free" reports to a brand-new email account, and immediately began receiving torrents of spam from just about everywhere in cyberia, as well as daily sales pitches from USCCA. Coincidence, perhaps.
    I had the same experience. Lasted about a day before I blocked them.

rdpG19

Quote Originally Posted by marcus40
    I have been a member of USCCA for several years, due to lack of judgement last October i selected the insurance and provided my credit card info. I was supposed to be charged $44 Quarterly, my credit card was charged $44 in October, again in November and again in December. So I am getting out of the organization. That Tim really starting rubbing me wrong when he wanted us to use his buddy for investment opportunities. So, I am going on line now and remove my credit card info and just let my membership expire. I looked here to see if others felt the same way, and sure enough I did.
    Thanks,
    Marcus

I had the same problem with USCCA and my credit card, I actually had my credit card company calling me wondering who they were because of the way they were placing charges against my card. Had to close the card and get a new one issued . Don't trust them at all ....SCAM
    Quote Originally Posted by tet4 View Post
    BTW, I actually don't think he's made a whole lot - I'm pretty sure this has put him in big debt. He wrote something a while ago about it and how he almost lost his house, etc. So, I think what we are seeing is the desperation of someone pulling at every last straw to make this work. I think the defense shield thing is an ill-advised grasp to try to balance the books.
    Credit card fraud and incessant spamming are poor strategies for getting into the black.
    "To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them"
    - George Mason, American Statesman (1725-92)

Question USCCA, Again

I am a new member here and have been reading the many posts re: USCCA I recently joined USCCA as a platinum member and was wondering based on the info here and on the Tauris Firearms Forum how can I get my money back from USCCA or do I just have to ride out the years membership?. Also does anyone have any views on Front Sight as I've in the past and recently been getting alot of emails and solicitation from them about joining. Are they scams or are they legit worthy of my time and money? My motto is "If you tread on me or mine I will Mow your A$$ down"!

I let mine expire, tired of the constant deal emails to renew at the expensive rate. I enjoyed the magazines, but not worth the amount they now want for the insurance coverage. They use alot of fear tactics to get you to renew. As I have discovered, there are more sources for information, including this site.

[QUOTE=TailRunner;2280396]I let mine expire, tired of the constant deal emails to renew at the expensive rate. I enjoyed the magazines, but not worth the amount they now want for the insurance coverage. They use alot of fear tactics to get you to renew. As I have discovered, there are more sources for information, including this site.[/QUOTE

Thanks,I will contact them and see about getting a refund I don't like being scammed so for now on more research is in order! I'll have to notify others to check this site as well as others before taking a leap of faith as I have.

liked their magazine. signed up for their on-line newsletters. it seemed like i got ten attempts to sell me something for every one tidbit of real information. i never responded to any offers, and they stopped sending them. seems i wasn't the only one who smelled something fishy.

"you can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people, all of the time." A. Lincoln

"you can fool some of the people all of the time, and those are the ones you want to concentrate on." G.W. Bush

"you can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, and that's not a bad percentage." ???

I have not taken the insurance. I will allow my pre-insurance membership to run out. I will not renew. My wife and I joined ACLDN. They have always responded to me, promptly.

I have a member since the begining in feb i drope them, i like the mag but the web site was not great.

Quote Originally Posted by hogdoc357 View Post
    I have not taken the insurance. I will allow my pre-insurance membership to run out. I will not renew. My wife and I joined ACLDN. They have always responded to me, promptly.
    While it isn't "insurance" like USCCA, I recommend to everyone I talk to that they need to check out the Armed Citizen Legal Defense Network (ACLDN) website and join. Great newsletters. Very responsive if you have questions, and God forbid if you have to use a gun in self defense, they have the type of team assembled that you WANT helping with your defense.
    10thmtn, TBob and hogdoc357 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tnedator View Post
    While it isn't "insurance" like USCCA, I recommend to everyone I talk to that they need to check out the Armed Citizen Legal Defense Network (ACLDN) website and join. Great newsletters. Very responsive if you have questions, and God forbid if you have to use a gun in self defense, they have the type of team assembled that you WANT helping with your defense.
    Tnedator and Hogdoc, I thank you for your kind words about the Armed Citizens Network. We do our best to provide a solid program and immediate response to all of our members, but it's nice to hear someone say it. The Network is 5 years old and we are gaining more members each day!
    10thmtn, TBob and hogdoc357 like this.
    Brademan
    Special Projects manager - ACLDN

American Militia - charter member, NRA Life/Benefactor member
    LEAA Field Rep, Aikidoka, motorcyclist, plain speaker, straight shooter
    My other nickname is "3-Knife"

I feel the same as those who have already posted. I did manage to resist giving them a credit card--and I did not go for their insurance plan; if it was an option, I still might have been a USCCA member.

Speaking of the literature they sent to me one time, after getting a Gold membership, I believe: what crap! poorly written, almost as if the assignment was given to a junior in high school.

USCCA. Fail! Great concept, failure because of greed, it seems to me.

I joined a few years ago and dropped them. The magazine is ok but the rest wasn't worth the money.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMac View Post
    What value do you get with your membership other than the insurance?

14 metric tons of SPAM in your Email box?

:)

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Links