USCCA, Again. - Page 8

USCCA, Again.

This is a discussion on USCCA, Again. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; 16 tons and what do you get?...

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
Like Tree126Likes

Thread: USCCA, Again.

16 tons and what do you get?
    "To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them"
    - George Mason, American Statesman (1725-92)

Thanks to you All

I am glad I found this forum prior to agreeing to anything from USCCA.
    Ill probably even cancel the e-mail letters.
    lchamp likes this.

About a year ago they offered a deal where you could join for a month for 7 bucks, so I did. For this you had access to the forum + one magazine. When I got the magazine it was an old one. At the time it seemed they had an overwhelming amount of useful information. I downloaded a bunch of it, but most of it was redundant and some downright corny and amateurish. I have since deleted most of it.

From the beginning I spotted Tim's "huckster" mentality, especially after he tried to sell me on some financial opportunity scam his little brother cooked up. I did enjoy the forum, but it ain't worth paying for what you get. Toward the end of the month I did recieve a current magazine, and they kept me on the forum for a while after my "subscription" had run out. I guess they kept thinking they could sell me on the "Shield" thing. By that time a good deal of member disgruntlement was appearing on the forum over it.

Long story short they cut me loose and I never looked back. This forum is about the best I've found anyway, along with a couple of others. I do still get the free newsletter, mainly to read Coldy Alderson's articles. I see now that Tim is coming out with a "home defense association" but I'm sure it is more of the same, and smacks of desperation.
    "...a rifle behind every blade of grass."

I was a member a few years back...and only for a year. At the time it was offored that I could download all of the back issues (at least 2 yrs worth IIRC). It was worth it just for that. Magazines weren't worth the price I was paying, better mags out there, and MUCH cheaper. I browsed the forums a bit, but I'm not going to pay for a forum when there are so many other great ones out there offering the same thing. I got constantly pounded with spam. I called them a couple times before it finally stopped...this was after un-subscribing multiple times. There was always another deal...Tim was constantly trying to squeeze every penny out of his members, and still is. It was and still is desperation on his part. He puts pictures out there of his family and such when all along he is worse than a used car salesman(the kind with the annoying commercials that "accept all credit applications", well duh).

For these reasons I dropped out.
    Speak softly, and carry a big stick.

Hmmm looks like I have a lot of learning to do. I have a plat membership with these guys with the defense sheild, (sounded good at the time).. I'll be cancelling. Thanks y'all!

GH
    I haven't gotten any e mails from USCCA for over a week. After a few months of not biting on any of their offers I must have gotten dropped from their list.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Agree with most in that the insurance issue will cause me to leave the organization. NRA offers something similar at a similar price and frankly I trust the NRA more than a newish magazine with big ideas and a short track record. The articles seem much more geared to newbies than more experienced folks, better articles eslewhere.

My first post here...

was going to ask about USCCA organization... Then I said to my self, "self, why not do a search of the forum first." Glad I did. Think I'll steer clear of the this group.

Anyone know of any similar organizations that are reputable and worthy of looking into for a new carrier?

Quote Originally Posted by SARnSurvival View Post
    was going to ask about USCCA organization... Then I said to my self, "self, why not do a search of the forum first." Glad I did. Think I'll steer clear of the this group.

Anyone know of any similar organizations that are reputable and worthy of looking into for a new carrier?
    Welcome to the forum... from the guy who started this post...

USCCA is now offering their magazine separate from their Insurance scam. It's not a bad magazine... but I won't subscribe any further...

You will find much more valuable information here on DC than you will from USCCA. And, you'll get a variety of opinions as well, and nuances upon nuances for means of carry, training, guns, ammo, strategy... In short... a ton of info...

I cannot recommend any specific "organization" but I have heard a great deal of good about these guys: ACLDN

The chances of you needing any coverage is really quite slim... the chances that you will need to use your carry weapon of choice is almost as slim.

The most important thing you can do is know the laws of your own state regarding; Deadly Force, Stand your ground (if applicable), and castle doctrine (again, if applicable)...

For a good start on the basics... Get the book in my sig line by Massad Ayoob. It's cheap... some libraries have it... and if they don't, ask for interlibrary loan. Or you can purchase the book on line at books a million (least expensive source I have found)

Again, welcome
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

New to this forum. Didn't realize that others were thinking what I was. I will be letting my subscription expire when it comes up.....

Thanks!!

I was impressed with Mr. Hayes responses and will give consideration to his organization.
    You can get a lot with a smile but you can get a lot more with a smile and a gun...Al Capone

Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth...Mike Tyson

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    I put up with their constant spam for a while. I think I am unsubscribed from just about everything now...still get a few scare-mails from them occasionally.

Re: USCCA, Again.

Ayoob's books are also available for ebooks readers like the Kindle.

George
    Smile. It makes people wonder what you are up to

Opted out myself and signed up for the magazine only.
    “To see what is right and not do it, is want of courage”. Confucius

I, too, canceled my subscription and was happy to pocket the refund check for the unused portion of my membership. It may take all kinds, but we don't have to be stupid about it! Besides, this forum is the best over-all gun/carry/etc., to be found anywhere! JMHO.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Sponsored Links