10 years of Concealed Carry

This is a discussion on 10 years of Concealed Carry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've been cc'ing for 35 years. Never had any incident where I've had to even draw my weapon. Plenty of times things could have "gone ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: 10 years of Concealed Carry

I've been cc'ing for 35 years. Never had any incident where I've had to even draw my weapon. Plenty of times things could have "gone bad" but none were any where close enough to needing a weapon. I'm curious. What incidents did you feel required a weapon? Could you elaborate.
    Question Everything!

2. Remove Ads

I can remember when I was an LEO unholstering on pretty much a daily basis for everything from checking out unlocked businesses at night,to felony arrests.
    I have had my CHL for 5 years now and haven't unholstered ,except for one time a dipstick I was riding with stopped at a convenience store on the seedier side of San Antonio at night and I slid my gun outta the holster and under my leg til he got back in and we left.I live within spitting distance of Mexico and I'm sure if I chose to go gas up at night in a few places around town I would probably be glad I had a gun
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I haven't had the occasion to draw and hope to continue my streak. I do find myself violating the rule of being out at stupid hours with stupid people and doing stupid things as a work requirement. I do 24/7 onsite tech support that brings me to seedier areas after dark on a frequent occasion though. Places I would never decide to go to in broad daylight, let alone during the small hours of the night. I tend to run into stupid people that are doing stupid things. I guess the stupidity on my part is entering that environment in the first place regardless the reason.

Congrats and stay safe my friend

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links