"No Guns Allowed" - Page 6

"No Guns Allowed"

This is a discussion on "No Guns Allowed" within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by rabbit2011 I know in Wisconsin that a business that posts a sign not allowing concealed weapons on property will have higher liability ...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: "No Guns Allowed"

Quote Originally Posted by rabbit2011 View Post
    I know in Wisconsin that a business that posts a sign not allowing concealed weapons on property will have higher liability insurance. Owners who post signs wave the right for their employees to protect themselves thus the owner takes on all liability.
    I LIKE IT, WI is really doing good lately in my book!

Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    That's the beauty of concealed carry. Nobody has to know.
    Although I haven't seen any "no guns allowed" postings anywhere in my neck of the woods I figure that with my weapon concealed the only way anyone is ever going to know I brought a gun into the place is if, "in the gravest extreme", I have to produce the thing in self defense, at which point being out of compliance with a sign will be the very least of my concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by Snatale42 View Post
    Check with your Store and post back, I'll do the same, but I've heard of people asking in many store and being told it only applies to OC and not CC. Signs have no force of law here in VA so I could care less, but I still don't like to give my money to companies that pull that crap, ESPECIALLY one the sells guns!!!
    Doesn't really matter much in CO anyway. Same as no shoes/no shirts no service signs. They still might serve you. However it may be harder to tell if you are CCW then without a shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Snatale42 View Post
    Check with your Store and post back, I'll do the same, but I've heard of people asking in many store and being told it only applies to OC and not CC. Signs have no force of law here in VA so I could care less, but I still don't like to give my money to companies that pull that crap, ESPECIALLY one the sells guns!!!
    Here is a quick "official" response:
    Thank you for contacting Bass Pro Shops. Our trigger lock policy is and has been that holstered guns do not require a trigger lock. However, additional guns must be cleared and trigger locked.

Our concern is that if there are guns in a bag or case that are not trigger locked, if for any reason the bag is set down and someone else picks up the bag, we have guns in our store that are not secure. We appreciate your understanding and corporation with our policy.

Best regards,
    Bryant
    Bass Pro Shops
    2500 E Kearney
    Springfield, MO 65898
    1-800-BASS-PRO

Somewhat vague, I would have expected a "we allow and endorse legal concealed carry". According to this, off-body carry is not allowed in their stores.
    Life is too short to shoot ugly guns.

Any business can post a sign in Texas but it MUST be the regulation 30-06 sign, which has exact requirements for wording, text size color, etc., If it doesn't meet these requirements, you can ignore it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr View Post
    Here is a quick "official" response:
    Thank you for contacting Bass Pro Shops. Our trigger lock policy is and has been that holstered guns do not require a trigger lock. However, additional guns must be cleared and trigger locked.

Our concern is that if there are guns in a bag or case that are not trigger locked, if for any reason the bag is set down and someone else picks up the bag, we have guns in our store that are not secure. We appreciate your understanding and corporation with our policy.

Best regards,
    Bryant
    Bass Pro Shops
    2500 E Kearney
    Springfield, MO 65898
    1-800-BASS-PRO

Somewhat vague, I would have expected a "we allow and endorse legal concealed carry". According to this, off-body carry is not allowed in their stores.
    My new question:
    So you are telling me that I may carry concealed legally with a waistband or ankle holster, but a woman with the same permit may not carry in her purse? Please clarify your response.

The "official" response:
    Thank you for your response. That is correct, sir. As stated, we are concerned that if there is a weapon in a handbag without a trigger lock, it could accidentally fire. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

Best regards,
    Kelsey
    Bass Pro Shops
    2500 E Kearney
    Springfield, MO 65898
    1-800-BASS-PRO
    Life is too short to shoot ugly guns.

I have become a bit concerned about all the signs popping up. I know it is all still new here and will take some time for people to realize it is a non issue but I have heard that groups are going around handing out signs for free. I am willing to bet that it is a lot harder to get a business to take down the sign after it is up. So far my favorite two pizza places posted, one even put up multiple signs and added the we reserve the right to refuse service signs right next to no guns. My cell phone provider Sprint posted. This is a fairly small town, I am going to run out of places I can go soon. What happens when the sign has force of law and everywhere you want to go is posted? Am I only going to be able to visit Wal-Mart?

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledown View Post
    I have become a bit concerned about all the signs popping up. I know it is all still new here and will take some time for people to realize it is a non issue but I have heard that groups are going around handing out signs for free. I am willing to bet that it is a lot harder to get a business to take down the sign after it is up. So far my favorite two pizza places posted, one even put up multiple signs and added the we reserve the right to refuse service signs right next to no guns. My cell phone provider Sprint posted. This is a fairly small town, I am going to run out of places I can go soon. What happens when the sign has force of law and everywhere you want to go is posted? Am I only going to be able to visit Wal-Mart?
    Decide what is more important - going where you need to go and leaving the firearm in the vehicle or becoming an armed hermit.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Yes I know, but it kind of defeats the purpose when your new ability to carry is then removed because you will only be able to have it on you in the car. I just hope the fear subsides when the streets are not full of duels or running red with the blood of all of our children.

Quote Originally Posted by Rugerguy View Post
    Well guys I choose to obey law so I put it in my car and locked the door before I gave them a piece of my mind. Don't want to risk my carry permit getting jeapordized.
    In MN ignoring the sign will not jeopardize your permit. If they tell you to leave and you refuse, you can be charged with trespassing.

The official "no guns" sign in Texas is called a 30.06 sigh due to the statute the description falls under. While non regulation versions of the sign have no legal weight I consider them as conscious intent by the owner and/or managemnt of a business to deny me the ability to defend myself in their location. As such they have full weight on my decision NOT to do business with them.

I can't afford Bass Pro anymore. Too much high priced stuff and ridiculos ammo restrictions (only 2 boxes at a time to purchase). Fortunately I have a Cabela's just as close, they welcome CCW, says right on the door and much better and competive prices.

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    Although I haven't seen any "no guns allowed" postings anywhere in my neck of the woods I figure that with my weapon concealed the only way anyone is ever going to know I brought a gun into the place is if, "in the gravest extreme", I have to produce the thing in self defense, at which point being out of compliance with a sign will be the very least of my concerns.
    X2 ..... I havent seen any around here in my area either, i will still carry to defend myself or go else where and give my business some place else .

I make sure to carry anywhere there is a "No Guns" sign posted because all that really is, is a free fire zone sign for Bad Guys. Posted areas cannot always be avoided so I really don't make a special effort to boycott them, I just carry anyway. A quick look will show you that massacres generally occur in locations where CCW is banned or highly discouraged making them the most critical places to be armed.

I think in MN it's a misdemeanor fine if caught but It's more the moral of the point, guess I need to accept people like that store clerk who sneered: "WE DON'T LIKE BEING SHOT!!" as if the sign means anything at all to a liquor store robber. I won't be an armed hermit at home but any place that posts I still won't patronize.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Links