"No Guns Allowed" - Page 7

"No Guns Allowed"

This is a discussion on "No Guns Allowed" within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I do understand your point, but teally not sure what telling some minimum wage clerk was going to achieve. Highly unlikely your comments went back ...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: "No Guns Allowed"

I do understand your point, but teally not sure what telling some minimum wage clerk was going to achieve. Highly unlikely your comments went back to the owner, or that they were even remembered. Better to write.

Quote Originally Posted by Snatale42 View Post
    I agree, but don't those signs have force of law in TX?
    Quote Originally Posted by randian View Post
    I believe no-gun signs have force of law in Texas.
    They do not. The sign that has the force of law is the 30.06 sign. it has precise verbage, has to be in English and Spanish, contrasting colors, one inch high letters, prominently posted at all entrances. etc. It is a big ass sign. Every other sign is meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by Fragman View Post
    They do not. The sign that has the force of law is the 30.06 sign. it has precise verbage, has to be in English and Spanish, contrasting colors, one inch high letters, prominently posted at all entrances. etc. It is a big ass sign. Every other sign is meaningless.
    The law does not say that the 30.06 sign must be prominently displayed at all entrances. It says that the sign "is displayed in a conspicuous manner clearly visible to the public". As far as I know, there is not yet any case law that would indicate whether that means that all entrances must be posted. Also, the 51% signs have meaning for a CHL carrying a handgun.

Quote Originally Posted by 3dfxMM View Post
    The law does not say that the 30.06 sign must be prominently displayed at all entrances. It says that the sign "is displayed in a conspicuous manner clearly visible to the public". As far as I know, there is not yet any case law that would indicate whether that means that all entrances must be posted. Also, the 51% signs have meaning for a CHL carrying a handgun.
    RED 51% signs. Blue 51% signs are OK to carry.

Quote Originally Posted by JJVP View Post
    RED 51% signs. Blue 51% signs are OK to carry.
    True. I always forget to mention that because I have never seen a blue 51% sign. The signs I see at grocery stores, convenience stores, liquor stores, etc., have the "unlicensed carry" text, but not the blue 51%.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Sponsored Links