"No Guns Allowed"

This is a discussion on "No Guns Allowed" within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Inver Grove Heights, MN I walk up to a liquor store and see the sign. I never saw it there before, is it new? I ...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: "No Guns Allowed"

"No Guns Allowed"

Inver Grove Heights, MN I walk up to a liquor store and see the sign. I never saw it there before, is it new? I go in and think about it, nobody but the clerk at the counter he asks: "can I help you?" I said yes, tell the owner he lost a customer tonight and in the future because of that no guns sign. He looks at me and sneers: "Yeah we don't like being shot at." "I replied on the way out: "and I'm sure every robber will obey your sign!!" I'm so pissed.

2. Remove Ads

They'll probably be robbed soon, all they have to do is let the BG's know that they are a gun free zone and open for business.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

I went online and reviewed their store claiming why I will never step foot in there. I did leave my firearm in the car by the way.

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    this was posted a while back I turned into my own business cards and hand them out in your situation

no-guns-no-money.png
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    They'll probably be robbed soon, all they have to do is let the BG's know that they are a gun free zone and open for business.
    Yeah, that is why I would have replied with something more along the lines of, "Oh? Well, I guess you are about to get shot at a lot more as soon as the criminals realize everyone in this store is defenseless."
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Rugerguy - was this one of our local 'chain' liquor stores? Just wondering if I need to shop somewhere else.

That's the beauty of concealed carry. Nobody has to know.
    bbqgrill, PPKman, tkruf and 3 others like this.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Kevin no a small independant. Too bad, I'll have to go elsewhere, it's convienant but I will not go there again. BMC I could have concealed in there, but it's the moral point of how stupid it is to post those signs...if for nothing else but telling scum you are defenseless.
    SGT likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rugerguy View Post
    Inver Grove Heights, MN I walk up to a liquor store and see the sign. I never saw it there before, is it new? I go in and think about it, nobody but the clerk at the counter he asks: "can I help you?" I said yes, tell the owner he lost a customer tonight and in the future because of that no guns sign. He looks at me and sneers: "Yeah we don't like being shot at." "I replied on the way out: "and I'm sure every robber will obey your sign!!" I'm so pissed.
    Here in Texas we see those "No Guns" sign and after pausing a moment to laugh, we go right in.

I went to a local Goodwill store today to buy work jeans that were gun friendly. I found a couple of pair and on the way out noticed that they had a no gun sign.

Well guys I choose to obey law so I put it in my car and locked the door before I gave them a piece of my mind. Don't want to risk my carry permit getting jeapordized.

Quote Originally Posted by Rugerguy View Post
    Well guys I choose to obey law so I put it in my car and locked the door before I gave them a piece of my mind. Don't want to risk my carry permit getting jeapordized.
    In CO those signs hold no weight. You can only be cited for trespassing if they request you leave and you do not. Only places stated in state law and federal locations are off limits. So as for me, I don't even look for the signs.
    PatAz likes this.

Just went through CPL class here in MI and the Lawyers both said that In the state of MI those signs hold no weight and you can still
    carry in the store or place of business.
    Scott
    DirkD likes this.

Why bother going inside? Call them from the liquor store down the street & let them know you went there because of their sign. Also share the exact amount you spent at the competition.
    Yankeejib likes this.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Quote Originally Posted by JJVP View Post
    Here in Texas we see those "No Guns" sign and after pausing a moment to laugh, we go right in.
    hienykins, Spade115 and Rhcmlc like this.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Links