Walmart confounds me - Page 6

Walmart confounds me

This is a discussion on Walmart confounds me within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by NYCrulesU Outside rules and regulations of why they have to ask, most Walmart employee's are lazy, uneducated turds. I drive 30 mins ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Walmart confounds me

Quote Originally Posted by NYCrulesU View Post
    Outside rules and regulations of why they have to ask, most Walmart employee's are lazy, uneducated turds. I drive 30 mins out of my way to buy things just to avoid our local Walmart. Going there and dealing with the moron shoppers and employees isn't good for my blood pressure.
    I'm sorry they don't fall at your feet and kiss your ring, Your Grace.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by mhunter View Post
    I'm not singling anyone out here, but why do so many have to be rude, confrontational and/or sarcastic? Just answer the stupid question and be done with it without TRYING to appear "witty"...because you aren't... Do you really enjoy treating Walmart employees like gutter bums with room temperature IQs because you *think* you're that much better than them?
    I agree with you; there are some really rude and arrogant gun owners on this forum. It makes me wonder how many ever have worked in retail sales and had to endure dealing with folks like themselves.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by bcvojak View Post
    Could you use a wider paintbrush there?

Maybe they're just people trying to support their families by working 60+ hours a week at two or three different jobs, and they're just too damn tired to kiss your ass every time you walk in the door. . .
    No. Brush was just right. Most...note the word most, not all, Walmart employees are morons. Added to the fact that most shoppers are ignorant and rude. My 4 yr old has more manners than most ppl at Walmart.

And FYI, I work 60-70 hrs a week, if not more. And I am still respectful, courteous and polite.....amazingly for no reason! (Sarcasm).

One of the advantages of getting gray… They don’t even card me for booze anymore.
    Even the bone heads a Wally World can tell I am not under 21 anymore.

I don't mind that the employees have to ask, or that they're ignorant and will believe whatever I will tell them. What I want to know is why they have a desk and register there in the sporting goods section that no one EVER mans. And why is the person who has the keys to the ammo locker always onthe other side of the store? I've waited up to 20 minutes for some one to find the person with the keys. But you can't beat their prices....
    9MMare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy_26 View Post
    I don't mind that the employees have to ask, or that they're ignorant and will believe whatever I will tell them. What I want to know is why they have a desk and register there in the sporting goods section that no one EVER mans. And why is the person who has the keys to the ammo locker always onthe other side of the store? I've waited up to 20 minutes for some one to find the person with the keys. But you can't beat their prices....
    I've actually picked up the phone behind the counter and paged, "Need a Walmart associate in sporting goods immediately". It worked and I was able to walk away a bit when some other oblivious bumbletard, who was right there, walked up to the counter before the employee came and gave him the stink eye.

One day, I'll have to try picking something up, looking right at a security camera, waving and pretending to put it in a pocket or under my coat. I'm sure the loss prevention team would be there even faster.

Quote Originally Posted by multistage View Post
    To be honest, I consider myself fairly new to handguns. Many think I am a guru, but the guys I shoot with know better. I have had a carry permit for 14 years in various states. But even though I had handguns and a permit, I never worked to improve. Pistols were toys. Rifles were serious. So I have a lot of experience loading for and shooting rifles. But this year I got serious about handguns. Go to every shoot offered. I buy a lot of ammo, as I don't have a progressive. WHAT IS IT WITH WALMART??? Every time I ask for somebody to get me a box of ammo, they stare at me for a second. Then they ask me if this is for a handgun. I nod. Another stare, as they hand me the box. Now to pay for it. Up front, they reach for it, recognize it for what it is, and glance at me. It is scanned. "Is this for a handgun?" Now everybody is looking. Sigh. Yeah, it's for a handgun. The cashier simply says a number. I pay and leave. I once bought a box of '06 shells to see if they would ask me "is this for a hangun?" They did, and I said yes (don't own a T/C). Bought a box of 40 ammo for my SIG, they asked, and I said no. As a handloader, buying ammo is kind of new to me. Are they all like this? I half expected to get asked for ID and carry permit, unless they called the cops instead. Reckon they are a bit paranoid?
    All the people behind the ammo counter that I've met at the Walmarts in the valley have been rather knowledgable, and none have asked me if my ammo was for a handgun.

This isn't the first time I've heard someone else say that their Walmart has asked them this question, though.
    Move. Shoot. Survive. ― The "Unofficial" Suarez International Doctrine

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress and grows brave by reflection.” ― Thomas Paine

Sometimes I'm asked. Sometimes I can make the purchase at the front of the store and sometimes in sporting goods.

When asked I always say rifle - regardless of the purchase. Afterall we have a lot of rifles in pistol calibers.
    USN Retired

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Hawk View Post
    All the people behind the ammo counter that I've met at the Walmarts in the valley have been rather knowledgable, and none have asked me if my ammo was for a handgun.
    I stopped at a local Walmart last night on my way home (they have a particular store brand of coffee I like). While I was there I stopped in the sporting goods section to pick up some cleaning cloths. There was a guy working behind the counter, with a customer examining a shotgun. I grabbed the cloths and when I turned around he had finished so I decided to ask the clerk what kind of 9mm target ammo they had in stock. He knew what the best deals they had was and made a recommendation. I bought a box of it and was never asked any questions. We talked for a bit about experience with the different brands and a few others things. He seemed quite knowledgeable and had experience with the different brands himself. Overall, a good experience. Now, I will say that, that particular walmart is overall better than a lot of the other ones I have been to. That particular store was recommend to me by a coworker because of the fact that they DON'T treat you like a common thief while you are in there and it does have a higher caliber (no pun intended) customer base being in a more affluent area near a university.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Hawk View Post
    Same up here in Prescott.

My Wal Mart was remodeled and they now carry guns. I always wondered if it was all the ammo I have been buying.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Sponsored Links