My Beretta "Ghost"

My Beretta "Ghost"

This is a discussion on My Beretta "Ghost" within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Recent Purchase - Beretta "Ghost" Called "The Ghost" because it's a 92FS INOX (Stainles + Alloy) with the same for all external controls and internal ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: My Beretta "Ghost"

My Beretta "Ghost"

Recent Purchase - Beretta "Ghost"

Called "The Ghost" because it's a 92FS INOX (Stainles + Alloy) with the same for all external controls and internal parts - recent INOX have black polymer controls. Plus it has original grey wraparound grips with Beretta stamp. Sort of rare, a Beretta Ghost - though at the time of purchase I didn't know it.

I CCW this gun a lot - in spite of the size does not feel heavy and I use Perry Suspenders (GREAT, take a look online) to make it pretty comfortable. But out of my Alessi OWB holster ("Dept of Justice") it draws really quickly and the big hilt makes it easy to get to under clothing. I wear it under an open vest. Conceals OK. Feels great in the hand.

Shoots with wicked accuracy and to date has had no stoppages of any kind. It shoots like a .22 almost, really weird feel the absence of recoil - a minor "bump" at most. (And most welcome sensation. Fast and accurate follow-shots are a snap).

These guns have legend-reliability. Beretta USA's have average reliability of 17,500 rounds with no stoppages (the test ends at that point) and the military put these through tests: 10 shooters firing them: 168,000 rounds with no stoppages, (test ended at that number). As you know, as the M9, these are US Service Pistols for the Military. So, it field-strips in a second and the S. Steel internals make it a wipe with a cloth to clean. 5 min. for a thorough cleaning.

(and I love the look, all I need is a Ferrari).

That is sweet. I'm a fan of the Beretta 92FS myself. Your Inox looks mighty nice.
    Attached Images

Cool

Oh that is sweet !

OS
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

RKM
    Such good looking pistols, and they shoot well too. Plan on buying my own someday. For now I'll just keep shooting my bro-in-laws when I can.

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    That is sweet. I'm a fan of the Beretta 92FS myself. Your Inox looks mighty nice.
    Looks great in Black too!

The Newst 92s

This is the new 92 , the 92A1 with Beretta Wood Grips:

2010-12-31_13-14-52_262.jpg

Beretta-92A1-4.jpg

Beretta makes beautiful guns. I love my Cougar, although if the 92 is as thick as the Cougar it's hard to imagine concealing it well. The 92 was the first gun I ever shot, in boot camp, and I remember being similarly impressed by the low recoil you mention.

Nice!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Had an FS in my hand just last week. Could not believe how smooth the slide draws on them. Ended up buying a S&W 1911 but this is on my list as the next buy.
    Beautiful gun, Enjoy.
    Frank.

I like the "ghost" quite a bit, congratulations!
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

Nice pick up, I've had one on my list for a while but always seem to end up buying something else.

VIP Member
    A very nice looking pistol. The 92's are rock solid.

I love my Beretta 92FS. It's the only gun I've ever sold and bought back. I'll NEVER sell it again.

I'm always tempted to try and carry it. May have to get an OWB rig and try it out with winter clothing to aid concealment.

Right now, all I have is an M12 holster that I picked up for fun value because it is the US issue holster. Not suitable for CCW, though.

Quote Originally Posted by lowercase View Post
    I love my Beretta 92FS. It's the only gun I've ever sold and bought back. I'll NEVER sell it again.

I'm always tempted to try and carry it. May have to get an OWB rig and try it out with winter clothing to aid concealment.
    Try Perry Suspenders for any carry that feels weighty to you. I have several different types but the "original" works fine. Welcome to the Perry Suspenders eStore

This is the holster I bought for it. Alessi makes fine handmade holsters:

doj holster commander.jpg

Alessi Holsters DOJ Standard Holster for Beretta Guns: DOJ Standard Beretta Alessi Gun Holsters

Made OWB to ride ON the hip and is very comfortable. Holster curves out on the inside front so it fits right on the rising side of the hip bone. Has two slots for the belt which go in the pants loop also - making the holster and gun rock steady and yet holds the gun close to the body and pretty high. Conceals best under open jacket, suitcoat, vest, button-up sweater etc.
    lowercase likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by lowercase View Post

Not difficult to do. I don't carry mine often but when I do it carrys comfortably and stays out of sight in a Galco Combat Master under an overshirt or jacket.
    lowercase likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links