New Mexico Adds NE & KS. WI Update on Training + More

This is a discussion on New Mexico Adds NE & KS. WI Update on Training + More within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; New Mexico has Added Nebraska and Kansas as states they will honor. NM has also put up a new website with more information especially telling ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GunnyBunny

Thread: New Mexico Adds NE & KS. WI Update on Training + More

Senior Member Array Gary Slider's Avatar

New Mexico Adds NE & KS. WI Update on Training + More

New Mexico has Added Nebraska and Kansas as states they will honor. NM has also put up a new website with more information especially telling why they will not honor certain states.
    They state they are also working on other states to get signed agreements. You can see their new website Here: Concealed/Carry Weapon | New Mexico Department of Public Safety
    They also state this on their website. Start: (New Mexicans traveling to the following states should know these states require written reciprocity agreements before NM permits are recognized: Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, West Virginia (in process), and Wisconsin. Invitations have been sent and New Mexico is waiting on responses.) End. So it looks like NM has finally picked up the ball and is running with it.

I have emails into Montana, Wyoming, Colorado & Georgia asking them if they are going to list Wisconsin as states they honor. Montana will honor any state that runs a background check like Wisconsin. Colorado Wyoming & Georgia will honor anyone who honors theirs. So CO, MT & WY should add WI in the coming days or weeks. Georgia is really slow at adding states on their list. I have seen them take almost 2 years to list a state in the past. They still have not listed North Dakota and ND is reporting they have talked to them and they will honor the ND Permit/License. That happened in March 2010. They have also been very slow or not even answering the majority of my emails to them in the past. I donít see them changing their approach to listing states they honor.

In Wisconsin the training requirements and Info the Training Certificate must contain has been changed. The 4 hour minimum for training has been removed. This new info has been posted on the WI page at Handgunlaw.us or you can see the new Emergency Rule Here: http://www.doj.state.wi.us/news/file...s-20111107.pdf Wisconsin has also passed and the Governor has signed a Castle Doctrine Law.

As I mentioned before on 12/1/11 NC will honor all other states Permit/Licenses to Carry. NC already honors 34 other states but all additions in who a state honors is welcome.
    Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network

2. Remove Ads

I wonder if WI will now pick up FL?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Glad they are adding Kansas, we've recognized New Mexico for about a year.

Must be really fresh news, as Ks AG site doesn't show it yet. Handgunlaw.us shows in one place on reciprocal states , but not on their map yet.

Looks like it's going well for Wisconsin.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Steve has to add them to the Create A Map Application. The Create A Map Application will be updated in the near future.
    Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

VIP Member
    As always Gary, thanks for keeping us in the loop!!
    BkCo1 likes this.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Slider View Post
    Steve has to add them to the Create A Map Application. The Create A Map Application will be updated in the near future.
    Just made the connection, LOL ... now that's funny. Thanks for all that you do. It must be a major job to try to keep up on all of this stuff, with all of the changes constantly going on in so many states. But, it's appreciated .... to keep all of us out of trouble.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Wi just made a lot of changes and we missed a couple things but we are catching up. I have to say I am even amazed at the amount of Information on Handgunlaw.us.
    Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

Distinguished Member Array grouse's Avatar
    Thanks for the goodnews update! (I'm from Kansas!)

Gary;
    Could you provide a link to the new site you mentioned which explains why they don't recognize some states.
    " Keep On Packin' On The Bimah"

I figure you are talking about NM. If you go to Handgunlaw.us and click on Reciprocity in the right column it will take you right there.
    Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

Links