Where is your balance on carry vs. life?

This is a discussion on Where is your balance on carry vs. life? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The only 2 places I really go are, school to get my kid(walk), and I work on a rez. So I don't get to carry ...

View Poll Results: Where does your Balance fall?

Voters
271. You may not vote on this poll
  • My gun canít go, I donít go, Period.

23 8.49%
  • I mostly donít go where my gun canít go

122 45.02%
  • I go where ever and carry when I can

110 40.59%
  • I carry only on occasions

16 5.90%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Where is your balance on carry vs. life?

The only 2 places I really go are, school to get my kid(walk), and I work on a rez. So I don't get to carry much.

2. Remove Ads

99% of any place I go, I can carry. So , it's just not much of an issue.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by Toorop View Post
    My uncle missed his daughters wedding because he could not carry. He also missed his mothers passing at the hospital because it was also a no carry zone.

I agree with him, no gun and I'm not going unless I need something there. I disarm to do so.
    IMO, there's no point in living if you're not going to have a life.
    wmhawth, Majorlk and NYCrulesU like this.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Quote Originally Posted by nobody_iam View Post
    The only 2 places I really go are, school to get my kid(walk), and I work on a rez. So I don't get to carry much.
    Welcome to the forum.

Is that a tribal reservation? If so, are the laws against carrying & owning guns tribal or federal?
    Fortune favors the bold.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

I love Indiana. I agree with op that enjoy life and use common sense carry. The reason Indiana great is because very short list of places that's illegal to carry. these are all Indiana examples. Reply 49, one can carry transporting to school and in parking lot when locked securely in vehicle. No carry inside. Reply 48, one can carry in church and hospital. No gun signs are not legal, very short list in Indiana law is only illegal list.. If you truely conceal then no problem. Worst case Reverand sees gun and asked you to leave. NO gun violation but must leave or felony tresspassing. There is an option: leave to parking lot lock gun securly in vehicle then go back show Reverand no gun and continue good time. Employers tell employees company policy no guns at work or on property. Indiana special law says employees can have gun when securly locked in vehicle even a employers lot. Use common sense carry.

I have to go inside courthouses with my job and they are not allowed also church is not allowed by law...other than that i carry everywhere at all times..im not much for crowds anymore so i dont find myself in stadiums that often...not being able to carry at some event plays a huge roll in wether i go or not..if it is being shown on tv i'll stay home clean my guns and watch it instead haha...

Senior Member Array xsigma40cal's Avatar
    perhaps i am a bit of the rogue here. but during my stay at my alma mater, I carried regardless of the regulations. ive heard too many stories assaults on and off campus and made the conscious decision that i would never let myself or anyone else become a victim of whatever the more malicious side of society had in store. I do not condone breaking the law, but in my experience i have seen that those who do not abide by the laws the we as a society have conveyed have little regard for us who do.

On my 26th birthday, i was jumped, beaten to ten shades of black and blue,had my wallet, cell phone, and car keys taken, thus leaving me on the streets of minneapolis with no where to go. I would not wish the same hell that i had endured on my worst enemy. this point in my life was the great awakening to what human kind is capable at its worst and how one simple act of carrying an instrument can greatly turn the tide.

To this day, I struggle with the burden of having to be aware every last detail of my surroundings and making the decision of what to do should one event happen. but i am the better person for it.

In short, I carry EVERYWHERE i see the risk of myself or someone else being harmed.

If I can't carry, I don't go there, pure and simple, cut and dried. As soon as someone says I can't carry, they are violating my rights. I will not spend any money or time there.
    ĒAnd what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take armsÖ.The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrantsĒ
    ~Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by 9MMare View Post
    Welcome to the forum.

Is that a tribal reservation? If so, are the laws against carrying & owning guns tribal or federal?
    yes, federal

I cannot carry at work and cannot even have a weapon in my vehicle on company property. This really cuts into my carry time!

Carrying is just a part of my life. It's important to me but it's not the deciding factor in where I go and what I do.
    Question Everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Toorop View Post
    My uncle missed his daughters wedding because he could not carry. He also missed his mothers passing at the hospital because it was also a no carry zone. I agree with him, no gun and I'm not going unless I need something there. I disarm to do so.
    That's way beyond prudent caution and into the paranoid. Someone like that needs a shrink more than he needs a gun. He's so fearful for his life that he has given up living it. I'm sorry for his family.
    9MMare, Majorlk and NYCrulesU like this.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody_iam View Post
    yes, federal
    I'm unpleasantly surprised! From my limited understanding, the tribes here in WA (and I thought each state) have the right to make many laws outside of federal ones.

But the federal government prohibits concealed carry on tribal lands? Does it prevent gun ownership period? (I doubt it but...?)
    Fortune favors the bold.

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    That's way beyond prudent caution and into the paranoid. Someone like that needs a shrink more than he needs a gun. He's so fearful for his life that he has given up living it. I'm sorry for his family.
    And another ignorant person who thinks that a gun is the only way to protect yourself and your family perhaps? It's very sad to hear of someone who puts their gun (or attitude about gun rights) above their family. Because he sure wasnt there protecting them....with or without a gun....at that wedding.
    Majorlk and NYCrulesU like this.
    Fortune favors the bold.

I can carry just about everywhere.. My boss carries so he has no problem with me carrying to see customers each day. I do resepect customer's signs and will leave it in the car if I have to go in. I live in the midwest and it is a little safer than others though.

Anyone who lets carry/no carry concerns control their lives to the extent that they avoid places, miss family events etc is ridiculous. Perhaps they should seek professional help.

I may or may not use a particular bank because of their being posted, that's it.
    Majorlk and Rotorblade like this.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links