Where is your balance on carry vs. life? - Page 5

Where is your balance on carry vs. life?

This is a discussion on Where is your balance on carry vs. life? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If I can't carry there, we don't go. Luckily, I have a wife who carries as well and feels exactly the same way I do....

View Poll Results: Where does your Balance fall?

Voters
271. You may not vote on this poll
  • My gun canít go, I donít go, Period.

23 8.49%
  • I mostly donít go where my gun canít go

122 45.02%
  • I go where ever and carry when I can

110 40.59%
  • I carry only on occasions

16 5.90%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Where is your balance on carry vs. life?

If I can't carry there, we don't go. Luckily, I have a wife who carries as well and feels exactly the same way I do.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

At my stage in life, I don't need to be where I can't go without my gun.

Yeah, on rare occasion, I may go someplace where I can't carry, but mostly, I don't bother going places where I know I'm not allowed to carry.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I carry everywhere/everyday. Only place I go where I can't carry my gun is the VA Clinic, I just leave it in the car. If I come to a door and a sign says NO GUNs I don't go inside and they don't get my business.
    US Navy Veteren
    Ruger SP101 357 3" Barrel
    Taurus 65 357 Mag
    Glock 19 Gen3
    Walther PK 380
    www.guntoters.com

Quote Originally Posted by trip20 View Post
    I carry everywhere possible and will usually err on the side of "life" over "carry" except when it's things that bring me in to areas where the likelihood increased of something bad happening (realizing I'm not a clairvoyant).

Example: my wife, kids and I will never attend a Wisconsin State Fair.
    Move to Texas. Concealed carry of a firearm is no problem at the Texas State Fair. Strangely, though, they don't want you to carry a knife.

Quote Originally Posted by rdpG19 View Post
    I carry everywhere/everyday. Only place I go where I can't carry my gun is the VA Clinic, I just leave it in the car. If I come to a door and a sign says NO GUNs I don't go inside and they don't get my business.
    Thank you for your service rdpG19.
    rdpG19 likes this.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

I wonder if the people who never take their families to fairs and Disneyland, movie theatres, etc (all differs depending on states) ever let their kids or wives go places with anyone else? Unarmed wife go shopping? Kids go to birthday parties, school field trips? Volleyball/track/football game on the team bus? Neighbor take kids for ice cream? I'm surprised they dont home school their kids since guns arent allowed in nearly all schools....or maybe some do.

Must be a bummer...gotta go to school every day unprotected but cant go to Disneyland once or twice......(I hear of alot more school shootings than at Disney or fairs)

This topic was to learn more about the balance in concealed carriers lives and it was pretty enlightening.
    wmhawth likes this.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

I can't carry at school, but anywhere else my firearm is not welcomed...I don't go!
    Fortunately, FL doesn't limit any other places I go.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by 9MMare View Post
    I wonder if the people who never take their families to fairs and Disneyland, movie theatres, etc (all differs depending on states) ever let their kids or wives go places with anyone else? Unarmed wife go shopping? Kids go to birthday parties, school field trips? Volleyball/track/football game on the team bus? Neighbor take kids for ice cream? I'm surprised they dont home school their kids since guns arent allowed in nearly all schools....or maybe some do.

Must be a bummer...gotta go to school every day unprotected but cant go to Disneyland once or twice......(I hear of alot more school shootings than at Disney or fairs)

This topic was to learn more about the balance in concealed carriers lives and it was pretty enlightening.
    You just have to think that many people haven't really thought this thing through.
    MadMac likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 9MMare View Post
    Thank you for your service rdpG19.
    Thank you...for the Thank You!
    US Navy Veteren
    Ruger SP101 357 3" Barrel
    Taurus 65 357 Mag
    Glock 19 Gen3
    Walther PK 380
    www.guntoters.com

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    I only visit stores, restaurants, and movie theaters that allow my gun - they are optional so I opt out. That said I absolutely go places my gun can't go. I cross states (IL for example) that won't let me carry with my gun locked up in in a hard sided case. I also go to the Court House (I have to, there is no other way to get and renew a permit here than to appear in person), checkin past security to fly on airplanes, visit my kids and grandkids in California, go to school board meetings on school property and leave my gun at home, and so forth. PA has relatively few restrictions on carry, but there are times I have to go where carry is restricted, so I go with out my gun.

I have a really hard time believing anybody that says they never, ever, for any reason, go where their gun can't go, and never, ever, will, period. That's just very unlikely to be true - in most cases they had to go to a place guns aren't allowed just to get their permit.

Fitch
    wmhawth likes this.
    ďThe whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.Ē by H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysccw View Post
    my gun aways goes with me where ever i go if i cant take it into someplace like the VA or other Gov. bldg. i leave it in the car
    That's me, exactly. I carry everywhere, even at home.
    War to the knife, knife to the hilt.

There are three kinds of people, sheep, sheepdogs, and wolves. If you don't understand this, you're a sheep.

Are you a turtle?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links