IWB holster question - Page 2

IWB holster question

This is a discussion on IWB holster question within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by preacherblb Guys I've been carrying for over 40 years and the most comfortable & versatile IWB holster I've ever owned has 70% ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: IWB holster question

Quote Originally Posted by preacherblb View Post
    Guys I've been carrying for over 40 years and the most comfortable & versatile IWB holster I've ever owned has 70% less bulk than any leather or nylon IWB on the market. It's called the Versa - Carry. It's also ambidextrous and can be carried cross draw, strong side, & s.o.b.. The holster will fit several different guns Ie; the one I bought for my Kimber Solo also fits my Springfield EMP and the one for my Taurus PT145 also fits my Kimber Ultra CDP. You can also tuck your shirt between your gun and the holster. It retails for $19.95 Take a look. But don't knock it till you've tried it. If you don't like it just send it back and they'll gladly refund your money. https://www.versacarry.com/
    With all due respect, is this your company? This post has a particular odor to it of a certain canned meat product.
    IMO, half the function of a holster is to cover the trigger. This gimmick looks like a stray finger or shirt tail could easily engage the trigger, especially with a striker fired weapon like the OP has. However, it would be interesting to see the result of an ND with the plastic tube up the pipe. I'll anxiously wait for the Youtube video.
    Like many, I have a box full of holsters. This is what has worked for me the best and it costs $10. This one is 4 years EDC now, but I have two more in the bag ready to go when this one quits. As you can see, I ran a couple of stitches through it to seal the trigger pocket. No big deal. I also give props to the Remora. That thing is amazing and does everything as promised.

Quote Originally Posted by lance22 View Post
    I'd go with crossbreed in a heart-beat before Galco. But that's just me. Hey ... talk about making your pants shrink I've had the opposite experience. I got the flu for a week and by the time that passed I got pneumonia, which I still have. Been sick for 2 1/2 weeks and .... good news .... I've lost about 18 lbs. So, all those people who say you need to exercise and eat right ... forget that ... all you need to do is get really sick and you'll be able to wear any IWB you want with any pair of pants you want.

Hope this helps. :)
    I'm guessing the cancer diet is even more effective :(

Quote Originally Posted by preacherblb View Post
    Guys I've been carrying for over 40 years and the most comfortable & versatile IWB holster I've ever owned has 70% less bulk than any leather or nylon IWB on the market. It's called the Versa - Carry. It's also ambidextrous and can be carried cross draw, strong side, & s.o.b.. The holster will fit several different guns Ie; the one I bought for my Kimber Solo also fits my Springfield EMP and the one for my Taurus PT145 also fits my Kimber Ultra CDP. You can also tuck your shirt between your gun and the holster. It retails for $19.95 Take a look. But don't knock it till you've tried it. If you don't like it just send it back and they'll gladly refund your money. https://www.versacarry.com/

Now I have a brand new DeSantis Sof-Tuck for a Kimber Solo. It will also fit other small 9mm such as the Kahr & Kel-Tec & LCP. I used it 2-3 times & threw it in the drawer. It cost me $25.99 + $8.49 s&h = $34.48. Anybody wants it they can have it for $17.25. Sof-Tuck &mdash; DeSantis Holster < Click on the last few words. It's a link.
    I'll pass on the versa-gimmick. Doesn't cover the trigger guard. Only one belt attachment.
    Places the pistol directly against my skin.
    Puts something up the muzzle.

No thanks.

OP, if you go with the king-tuk, please let us know how you like it. I have a cbst, love it, but am looking at the king-tuk for a different pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Looking at your holster, I see it shares one of the biggest complaints I have with the Crossbreed. The top edges of the clips hang out there in space in such a way that their edges will be digging into my skin at any given time. Leather belt loops could eliminate much of that effect, but would possibly adversely affect how the belt interacts with the holster and the gun.
    Mike 1956: Actually the top edges of the clips don't seem to dig into my skin, the only thing I feel is the weight of the gun along with the back piece of leather, no problem with the clips, I think it would be nice to have the same type of holster with leather belt loops, easier to get on and off the belt. Don't think it would effect the the holster at all.
    US Navy Veteren
    Ruger SP101 357 3" Barrel
    Taurus 65 357 Mag
    Glock 19 Gen3
    Walther PK 380
    www.guntoters.com

i wear a kholster everyday i have one for everyone of my carry guns i even talked my dad a leo of 33 years into one instead of an ankle holster when he is undercover. he always said iwb was uncomfortable now that he has the kholster he wears it everyday instead of owb.

Quote Originally Posted by FatPants View Post
    I'll pass on the versa-gimmick. Doesn't cover the trigger guard. Only one belt attachment.
    Places the pistol directly against my skin.
    Puts something up the muzzle.

No thanks.

OP, if you go with the king-tuk, please let us know how you like it. I have a cbst, love it, but am looking at the king-tuk for a different pistol.
    I agree, as soon I get king-tuk. A gun shop near me has it for $59.00 . Thank-u all for your input

I bought a King Tuck 6 months ago as my first IWB and it remains one of my most used holsters. I use it all the time when I tuck in shirts and also when I want ultra deep concealment. The extreme adjustability of the King Tuck makes it very customizeable to any cant or whatever height you want. It holds up really well and is a great holster. I continue to LOVE Galco products. I have the king tuck, the summer comfort, and just bought a cop 3 slot. All of them are exceptional.

If you do buy the king tuck I recommend gluing a piece of suede or something to the skin side. Helps it stay in place even better and makes for incredible comfort all day.

You guys might want to check out the Qwik Clip IWB from Crossbreed Holsters as an option.
    I have it + the Supertuck and I find myself using the Qwik Clip more. Check it out.
    It's fast, small, comfy and only ONE single clip to hold it all in place. Works well for me.
    " If you keep aiming for NOTHING, you will hit it every time! "

Quote Originally Posted by JKPinPDX View Post
    You guys might want to check out the Qwik Clip IWB from Crossbreed Holsters as an option.
    I have it + the Supertuck and I find myself using the Qwik Clip more. Check it out.
    It's fast, small, comfy and only ONE single clip to hold it all in place. Works well for me.
    I prefer the holster to have two belt attachments. It helps to keep the pistol in place.

I have my king tuk on right now with my Kahr CM9./.. literally forget it is there. I have used the Crossbreed with Glocks and they are good too, but I really like the Galco, and can buy it at my LGS.

I like my AKJ Concealco AKJ Concealco LLC - Concealment gun holsters, personal defense related equipment, and other gunleather. I find it very comfortable and it conceals very well. I've been able to wear an XD45 Compact and a Glock 30 for 10 + hours at a time and forget that I'm wearing it. I wear mine at around the 3:00 position sometime a hair forward.

I only own one holster and it's a Crossbreed. I can't compare it to anything else, but I wear it for 10 hours w/o a problem.

I have no experience with the King-Tuk but I've used the Crossbreed with a Glock 23 and kahr K40 for the past year. After using other IWB holsters over the years I can say with confidence that the Crossbreed is the only one I'll buy from now on. I use the horsehide backer with V-clips. Total concealment with comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by SGT View Post
    I myself have the Max Tuck, by White Hat Holsters. I really think it's a notch up from the CBST, better priced and the service from Tony was great. Check them out White Hat Holsters I've been really pleased with how the holster molded, fit, finish and I really like the option of changing the body, more so that I can adjust the tension more with the chicago screws.
    Nice share. I have CBST and love it, but I like what I see with the White Hat Holsters.... I'll consider them for my next purchase down the road.
    If you wish for peace, prepare for war.

XD sub with Galco King Tuck

Quote Originally Posted by killingjoke View Post
    Got rid of my xd and got a glock 23. Looking at a galco King-tuc holster. Has anyone own on and what is your take on this holster, Thanks

I carry an XD .40 sub in a Galco King Tuk and I find it very comfortable. The holster is well made and the clips keep it from moving around. It took little time to conform to my body. I "forget" it's there. I am new to concealed carry (6 months) and it's my first IWB holster so I can't compare it to another. I would definitely recommend it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links