IWB holster question

This is a discussion on IWB holster question within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Got rid of my xd and got a glock 23. Looking at a galco King-tuc holster. Has anyone own on and what is your take ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: IWB holster question

IWB holster question

Got rid of my xd and got a glock 23. Looking at a galco King-tuc holster. Has anyone own on and what is your take on this holster, Thanks

2. Remove Ads

Just like the Cross Breed,they make your pants shrink.
    RoadKill and SGT like this.

Quote Originally Posted by glockrocker View Post
    Just like the Cross Breed,they make your pants shrink.
    Boy isnt that the truth...LOL

I've got a Glock 23 as well & use the Crossbreed Super Tuck Deluxe: SuperTuck Deluxe | Crossbreed Holsters - Super Tuck Deluxe

For the first hour or so, it's a bit tight, but I find my jeans stretch very quickly so it's comfortable after that. Actually, this holster is so comfortable that you kinda forget you're wearing it. I've never tried or seen the holster you mentioned, so I'm sorry I can't help you there with comparison or anything. But I do swear by my Crossbreed holster! :)
    grouse likes this.

Distinguished Member Array grouse's Avatar
    If you buy it always wear it when you try on new jeans. Then wash your new jeans put them on damp with your holster until your jeans dry. Anyway works for me.

Cookies make my pants shrink more than my IWB holster does...

Give Tommy Theis a try. Theisholsters.com | Home | Custom IWB Holsters His holsters are great, he has the best customer service I have ever seen and his turnaround time is about 5 days. He's a sponser here and a heck of a good guy.
    vista461 likes this.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I have had a kingtuk for a couple months now and have found it to be very comfortable. I carry my glock 26 at about 4:30. I have stuck my 17 in there just to experiment and found with a light jacket I could conceal that. The one thing I wish galco offered were C clips to fit a 1 3/4" belt.

tts
    I tried J-clips and found they work pretty well for IWB carry. I think Desantis makes some.

Home of the Original Remora No Clip Holster I have the King Tuk. Remora is 10x better

SGT
    I myself have the Max Tuck, by White Hat Holsters. I really think it's a notch up from the CBST, better priced and the service from Tony was great. Check them out White Hat Holsters I've been really pleased with how the holster molded, fit, finish and I really like the option of changing the body, more so that I can adjust the tension more with the chicago screws.

~SGT

Guys I've been carrying for over 40 years and the most comfortable & versatile IWB holster I've ever owned has 70% less bulk than any leather or nylon IWB on the market. It's called the Versa - Carry. It's also ambidextrous and can be carried cross draw, strong side, & s.o.b.. The holster will fit several different guns Ie; the one I bought for my Kimber Solo also fits my Springfield EMP and the one for my Taurus PT145 also fits my Kimber Ultra CDP. You can also tuck your shirt between your gun and the holster. It retails for $19.95 Take a look. But don't knock it till you've tried it. If you don't like it just send it back and they'll gladly refund your money. https://www.versacarry.com/

Now I have a brand new DeSantis Sof-Tuck for a Kimber Solo. It will also fit other small 9mm such as the Kahr & Kel-Tec & LCP. I used it 2-3 times & threw it in the drawer. It cost me $25.99 + $8.49 s&h = $34.48. Anybody wants it they can have it for $17.25. Sof-Tuck &mdash; DeSantis Holster < Click on the last few words. It's a link.

The Galco King tuc and the Crossbreed holsters are very similar and very comfortable, I had a custom holster made by the American Holster Company the Invisi-tuck I wanted all leather and not Kydrx. Its the best holster and most comfortable I've ever owned.

holster_19.jpg
    US Navy Veteren
    Ruger SP101 357 3" Barrel
    Taurus 65 357 Mag
    Glock 19 Gen3
    Walther PK 380
    www.guntoters.com

I'd go with crossbreed in a heart-beat before Galco. But that's just me. Hey ... talk about making your pants shrink I've had the opposite experience. I got the flu for a week and by the time that passed I got pneumonia, which I still have. Been sick for 2 1/2 weeks and .... good news .... I've lost about 18 lbs. So, all those people who say you need to exercise and eat right ... forget that ... all you need to do is get really sick and you'll be able to wear any IWB you want with any pair of pants you want.

Hope this helps. :)
    CountryGal likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rdpG19 View Post
    The Galco King tuc and the Crossbreed holsters are very similar and very comfortable, I had a custom holster made by the American Holster Company the Invisi-tuck I wanted all leather and not Kydrx. Its the best holster and most comfortable I've ever owned.
    Looking at your holster, I see it shares one of the biggest complaints I have with the Crossbreed. The top edges of the clips hang out there in space in such a way that their edges will be digging into my skin at any given time. Leather belt loops could eliminate much of that effect, but would possibly adversely affect how the belt interacts with the holster and the gun.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links