Judge Throws out case in Canton,Ohio!

This is a discussion on Judge Throws out case in Canton,Ohio! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Sweet! All of us who contributed to the legal defense fund are sure glad to see this! Judge throws out concealed carry charge against Bartlett ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Judge Throws out case in Canton,Ohio!

Sweet!
    All of us who contributed to the legal defense fund are sure glad to see this!

Judge throws out concealed carry charge against Bartlett - Canton, OH - CantonRep.com

A victory indeed.
    JD and CountryGal like this.
    "...it does not matter how small the sins are… Murder is no better than cards if cards can do the trick. Indeed the safest road to Hell is the gradual one—the gentle slope, soft underfoot, without sudden turnings, without milestones, without signposts." --The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    Awesome.

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

VIP Member
    Proper verdict.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Not to steal thunder from this thread (We're all glad to hear good news!), but along the same lines a FL judge dismissed charges against a fellow who shot (killed?) two guys who attacked him on his boat--based on the FL "stand your ground" statute. It appears that the right to protect one's self is catching on in the judicial system.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Ended as it should have...now to eliminate a LEO position on Dec 1st...
    TN_Mike, Freedom Doc and Anubis like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    +5 I think. Great news
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Jurors were shown portions of the controversial arrest video but not the portions in which Harless threatened to “cave in” Bartlett’s head and later to execute him for being stupid.
    It's a shame the jury wasn't shown this part of the video. Perhaps it will be shown to a jury when (if) Mr. Bartlett files a civil suit against the officer involved.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    This is good news. I think the video going viral may have had something to do with it. Times are a changin' and things that people got by with years ago won't fly today. Video definitely gives matters perspective and public reaction has to have some influence on a decision made about the case.
    Flasher likes this.

I got the OFCC alert this afternoon. Good news!! They still need to get rid of "Hartless" (p.s. the blog said that Harless wasn't present at the trial) Shameless man didn't have the huevos to show his face!!!
    Last edited by HotGuns; November 11th, 2011 at 09:08 AM. Reason: langauge workaround

I saw this video a coulple of months ago. The officer's conduct was outrageous. He does not belong in the LE career field. What a "burn out"!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsnroses View Post
    I got the OFCC alert this afternoon. Good news!! They still need to get rid of "Hartless" (p.s. the blog said that Harless wasn't present at the trial) Shameless man didn't have the huevos to show his face!!!
    My guess is he was ordered not to show up at the trial. The DA would have been a fool to put Harless on the stand. It could do nothing but hurt his case.

If Mr Bartlett files a civil suit, I'm sure a jury will see the entire video as well as hear from Harless. Something tells me the city of Canton (Ohio residents) will pay dearly for this loose cannon.
    bigmacque likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Yes. He wasn't required to be present nor was he on the witness list.

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    [QSomething tells me the city of Canton (Ohio residents) will pay dearly for this loose cannon.[/QUOTE]

Too bad the city taxpayers will be on the hook. Harless should simply be put out on the street.

Or, maybe ...... put him on a squad in Afghanistan.

Nah .... wouldn't want to mess up a squad of jarheads or grunts.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Of course the DA didn't want him to testify. . One wrong statement and that opens the door to have the Judge reverse his decision and allow the whole tape as evidence.
    Somewhere in the Pacific NW

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    If Mr Bartlett files a civil suit, I'm sure a jury will see the entire video as well as hear from Harless. Something tells me the city of Canton (Ohio residents) will pay dearly for this loose cannon.
    As they should.
    jem102 likes this.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links