Congress to vote on Nat'l CCW Nov. 15

This is a discussion on Congress to vote on Nat'l CCW Nov. 15 within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by ksholder Your personal preferences notwithstanding, once an amendment process begins, it is all in the table. I would prefer that they leave ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Congress to vote on Nat'l CCW Nov. 15

Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    Your personal preferences notwithstanding, once an amendment process begins, it is all in the table. I would prefer that they leave the 2A alone, thanks. What needs to happen is the court needs to be out in its place. Constitutionally, it is 1/3 of the government and co-equal with the other 2/3s. In practice, the courts have declared themselves superior to the Congress and Executive branch and nobody has challenged them.
    Social Security, medicare, medicaid, welfare, FHA, Fannie and Freddie, Sallie Mae, federal grants to individuals, unemployment benefits, bailouts, housing bubbles, higher ed bubbles, fiat currency, Department of Education, Department of Energy(dependency on enemies and loss of good paying jobs), government dependency for incomes, housing, food etc., federal ownership of 90% of mortgages, federal ownership of private businesses, 15 trillion in debt, trillions in unfunded liabilities.

This is what happens when you do not adhere to the Constitution. Do you seriously think that 75% of the states would eliminate gun ownership? The above are what happen when you nibble around the edges.

2. Remove Ads

I dont like it...i am for state rights...let the states decide it...what the fed decrees they can take it away...

I'm for the principle of small government, and not just when it is convenient for me.
    atctimmy likes this.

If anyone has noticed most of the negatives to this don't even list which state they are from. PARANOIA! your ISP for your computer still let big brother know where you are in case you did not know this. One fellow from N. Carolina even mentions the second amendment. What one is that? Go to the state of nj and carry concealed tap a police officer on the shoulder and tell him you have a gun, then claim your second amendment rights . If hr 822 passes maybe some of those state will not be able to justify how non residents can protect themselves while local taxpayers cannot and will loosen up their overly stringent laws.

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor man View Post
    If anyone has noticed most of the negatives to this don't even list which state they are from. PARANOIA! your ISP for your computer still let big brother know where you are in case you did not know this. One fellow from N. Carolina even mentions the second amendment. What one is that? Go to the state of nj and carry concealed tap a police officer on the shoulder and tell him you have a gun, then claim your second amendment rights . If hr 822 passes maybe some of those state will not be able to justify how non residents can protect themselves while local taxpayers cannot and will loosen up their overly stringent laws.
    What does that have to do with anything? My state is just fine, I don't need the feds stepping in because yankees and californians don't know how to vote in sane people.
    jem102 likes this.

I guess I just DO NOT TRUST the Demos ,,,,,,, maybe after the
    elections if the Demos LOSE,,,,,, Prez and Harry will NEVER LET HAPPEN this year.

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    What does that have to do with anything? My state is just fine, I don't need the feds stepping in because yankees and californians don't know how to vote in sane people.
    +1. Talk about non sequitur replies...
    Who is John Galt?

Sometimes there's justice, sometimes there's just us...

Maybe the NRA needs to contribute to the Dems party?
    Why not? Isn't that how the gov't works, for real?

I am for it. I can carry in 38 states. However, I can't carry in NY, where my family lives, and I had an unrestricted permit there when I lived there..........
    Hopyard and noway2 like this.

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBigOrange View Post
    you are being naive if you think this is going to help you. As AZChevy says, this will only allow everyone else to carry in your state except you.

I am hoping this does not pass.
    What about non-res permits? Couldn't a Maryland resident simply apply for a FL or UT CCL?

My concern is that if you force say, California, to recognize permits from other states, because they issue a permit to very few people, would they just decide that it is in their best interest to change their law to not allow any Concealed Carry.
    USMC Sergeant
    NRA Certified Instructor
    Utah BCI Certified Instructor
    Utah Self Defense Instruction- Utah CCW, Discount NRA memberships/renewals
    Gun Blog,CCW News and Reviews

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mastercapt View Post
    Maybe the NRA needs to contribute to the Dems party?
    Why not? Isn't that how the gov't works, for real?.
    I read a quote once that said, "If the Democrat party were to adopt a pro-2A stance, the Republican party would be in dire trouble."

Quote Originally Posted by laguna0seca View Post
    My concern is that if you force say, California, to recognize permits from other states, because they issue a permit to very few people, would they just decide that it is in their best interest to change their law to not allow any Concealed Carry.
    Something like this might just be the catalyst needed to bring about real change in the state. As it is now, their permit system is about as useful as sand in the desert.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro2A View Post
    What about non-res permits? Couldn't a Maryland resident simply apply for a FL or UT CCL?
    Sure, but Maryland doesn't honor any other state's permit, including non-resident permits. That makes an out of state permit useless.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Pro2A View Post
    Could get them...but they wouldn't do any good in MD.

Sec. 926D. Reciprocity for the carrying of certain concealed firearms

`(a) Notwithstanding any provision of the law of any State or political subdivision thereof (except as provided in subsection (b)), a person who is not prohibited by Federal law from possessing, transporting, shipping, or receiving a firearm, and who is carrying a valid identification document containing a photograph of the person, and a valid license or permit which is issued pursuant to the law of a State and which permits the person to carry a concealed firearm, may possess or carry a concealed handgun (other than a machinegun or destructive device) that has been shipped or transported in interstate or foreign commerce, in any State, other than the State of residence of the person,
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorlk View Post
    Sure, but Maryland doesn't honor any other state's permit, including non-resident permits. That makes an out of state permit useless.
    This bill would completely eliminate the "does not accept non-res permits" laws.

Quote Originally Posted by NC Bullseye View Post
    If this is such a great thing for the support of the second amendment, why do they have to specify "concealed" carry? Why not just leave it as carry? Did the second amendment specify concealed is the only way to carry if you want to enjoy the right?

I'm not against it, just questioning whether this is the way we want it worded.
    Some states, like MN, you don't specify. MN has a carry permit, not a CCW, or concealed-carry, or concealed weapons permit. A CARRY permit, as you suggest. According to the law, I can legally carry 48 rifles and 13 handguns on my person, in the open, and stay above-board. Although the permit card states "Permit to carry a pistol," the law specifically says its not limited to pistols.

I <3 MN

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
    It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. - David Hume

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    You're way too hung-up on the Yankee and California thing. My 'yankee' MN rights seem more favorable to carry when I read the law books than your southern state. Lets focus less on Yankees and Californians and more on our right to defend ourselves as a population, perhaps?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
    It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. - David Hume

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links