Congress to vote on Nat'l CCW Nov. 15 - Page 6

Congress to vote on Nat'l CCW Nov. 15

This is a discussion on Congress to vote on Nat'l CCW Nov. 15 within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by livewire9880 Another great thing about this bill (should it become law) is that if a state has a multi-tiered CCW license, it ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Congress to vote on Nat'l CCW Nov. 15

Quote Originally Posted by livewire9880 View Post
    Another great thing about this bill (should it become law) is that if a state has a multi-tiered CCW license, it must recognize out-of-state permits at the highest tier. I really think this is likely to nudge may-issue and multiple-class permit states toward shall-issue. I don't think it will happen very fast, but it just might spark a trend. I also think it will start to nudge shall-issue states toward "Constitutional Carry". I mean, if anyone can walk into your state while armed, then why shouldn't the ones that already live there be allowed to do so by default?
    I think you are dreaming. Maryland, Illinois, NYS, DC, and all the rest that are like them DON'T CARE that other states don't honor their (infrequently issued) permits. Connecticut doesn't recognize any other state's permits and couldn't give a darn whether ours is recognized by anyone else or not.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by livewire9880 View Post
    I also think it will start to nudge shall-issue states toward "Constitutional Carry". I mean, if anyone can walk into your state while armed, then why shouldn't the ones that already live there be allowed to do so by default?
    True ConCarry should not be affected by residence. WY screwed that one up IMO.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorlk View Post
    I think you are dreaming. Maryland, Illinois, NYS, DC, and all the rest that are like them DON'T CARE that other states don't honor their (infrequently issued) permits. Connecticut doesn't recognize any other state's permits and couldn't give a darn whether ours is recognized by anyone else or not.
    We are surrounded. That's why 822 is so necessary.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Links