Chicago CCW

Chicago CCW

This is a discussion on Chicago CCW within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If some one ask you why Chicago should have CCW show them this. Warning graphic content: Video shows man punched - chicagotribune.com...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Chicago CCW

Chicago CCW

If some one ask you why Chicago should have CCW show them this.

Warning graphic content: Video shows man punched - chicagotribune.com

VIP Member
    And what should we tell them when we show it to them?

Sorry. Chicago became one of my "do not visit, do not spend one thin dime" locations about 18 years ago.
    Inspector71 likes this.

GM
    I think this is the right link:

CTA assault captured on video - chicagotribune.com
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

That's disgusting... anyone on the scene laughing at the old man being knocked unconscious is nothing better than an animal.

And what brave, upstanding citizen recorded the whole event and did nothing to either prevent it or render assistance?
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    That's disgusting... anyone on the scene laughing at the old man being knocked unconscious is nothing better than an animal.

And what brave, upstanding citizen recorded the whole event and did nothing to either prevent it or render assistance?
    That is exactly what I thought too; those "people" are disgusting . They are scum bags; only a rotter would do that.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

What else would expect from some of Chicagos finest !!
    " The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson

I hope the entire entourage gets caught and charged.

I also hope that Mike Tyson jr. decides to try it again and get's his arse handed to him.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Personally, I don't think this is a good example to convince someone of the need to carry in Chicago. They would just talk about how many innocent people would be hurt if someone pulled a gun and started shooting in a crowded subway station - and I would have to agree with them. This is not a situation that calls for shooting.

It would be nice if the victim knew to not stand so close to a potential attacker and to not have his hands by his sides (I think his left hand was in his pocket). You can have your hands in a defensive position without it looking like you want to fight. He could have stood further away and had his hands up in front of him saying, "I don't want any trouble. Please leave me alone". This would have attracted the attention of others, demonstrated that he was not being aggressive, was trying to avoid the situation, and put him into a position to deflect or block the punch if it still happened.

If this man had been carrying, when should he have drawn his gun? Was there sufficient threat to justify lethal force before the punch? It doesn't look like it. After the punch, it was too late for him to protect himself. It looks to me that if he had been carrying and had the same confrontation, he would be lying on the concrete unconscious with a gun in it's holster. In this particular situation, he needed better tactics more than a firearm.
    archer51 and Mike1956 like this.

VIP Member
    Same animals as in the flash mobs. Our "justice" system seems to keep turning this kind or animal loose on the population. I agree with Nutrodoc, I don't see any time when the older guy could have legally drawn down on the perp(s). Prior to the punch, they were just a bunch of harassing jerks. Of course, it would have been nice to be able to understand what they were saying as that could shed more light on the situation. FWIW, I could hear what they were saying, but I could not understand it. Would be nice to get the whole gang as accessories and the main perp for assault or something more serious.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

VIP Member
    While I agree the group and especially the punk who threw the punch are nothing but the lowest form of scum in the cesspool of Chicago, I don't see where having a gun would have had any effect on what happened. There was no justification ever shown for the older gentleman to draw a weapon, until after he was blindsided. By then it was too late for him.

If one of the other people on the platform had been armed, when and how would they be allowed to respond with lethal force? Unfortunately the when would not be until after the blow had been landed. While someone might have suspected something was going to happen, you can't act on suspicion. Since it was a 1 blow and get on the subway, what would an armed citizen be allowed to do? Citizens arrest....you could try it, but what do you do when they laugh at you? There would not be any justification in firing on them. At best your standing there with a gun in hand while they pile onto the subway and leave. Worst case an all out gunfight erupts.

As has been said on this board many times, by many people. A gun is not the answer to every situation.
    Mike1956 likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

First thing that popped into my mind was "teen thugs picking on a drunk", I don't know if I'm correct, and it certainly isn't any excuse for their behavior, it just proves the "predators go after the weak" theory...what's scummier (and easier) than belittling and beating up an old man?...belittling and beating up an old drunk. If it'd been Hyenas instead of humans, they'd have been chowing down instead of getting on the train.

The advent of the "phone cam" has been a continual indicator of how little some humans really care for each other..."Call 911? Nah man, I've gotta get the shot!" Grrr....grumble grumble...

Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    I watched part of the video and I am questioning whether or not it was a staged, i.e acting, event rather than a real incident. Perhaps it has something to do with the worldstar hiphop.com that kept coming up. The face of the 'victim' is also blurry, to where it is difficult to really discern if he is older.

In any case, the events, at least as far as I saw them depict an assault. While there were plenty of on lookers who obviously thought it was funny, I question whether or not there was sufficient justification for lethal force. Having said that, I find the animals behavior disgusting and would have no qualms about putting them away in a hard labor gulag for a very long time for acting like they did in this video.

It seemed to me that the person recording was with the group of thugs.

I agree having a gun would have done nothing to prevent this.

Too bad there were no good witnesses that discretely called police from train to report where assailants were. Would have been interesting to see if police were able
    to respond and catch this scum.

I don't think it was staged. I don't think you could get someone to consciously fall in a way that allows their head to bounce off the concrete floor. But either way, it doesn't change the main point - not a situation for a gun. There are better ways.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links