Why do I carry at home

This is a discussion on Why do I carry at home within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This is less then 1/2 mile from my house Sierra Vista cops bust drug smugglers, seize $2.9 mill worth of pot - Home This is ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Why do I carry at home

Why do I carry at home

This is less then 1/2 mile from my house

Sierra Vista cops bust drug smugglers, seize $2.9 mill worth of pot - Home

This is not the first time a large amount of drugs were found less then 1/2 miles of my house. This is a rural area. Not long ago a stolen Ford F350 was found abandon less then 500 yards away from my house. It was carrying 1500 Lbs of Marijuana.

TUCSON (KGUN9-TV) - Sierra Vista Police seized 8,000 pounds of marijuana being smuggled in a semi truck carrying cattle and a nearby ranch.

An officer with the department's K-9 unit conducted the stop on Highway 90 near Highway 82. The canine alerted to the vehicle and officers found 200 bales of marijuana concealed in the vehicle.

Authorities arrested 39 year-old Juan Alberto Miranda-Torres, a Mexican national from Nogales, Sonora. Miranda-Torres was booked into the Cochise County Jail.

Officers also searched a ranch located in the 2300 block of Sands Ranch Road. As officers arrived four people fled on foot and three were found and arrested. The search resulted in approximately 200 bales of Marijuana stored in a vehicle and trailer on the property. Investigators believe that the ranch was used to package and smuggle pot.

In total the pot seized carries a street value of $2.9 million dollars, the vehicles and cattle were also seized during the incident.

Juan Miranda-Torres was charged with Possession of Marijuana for Sale, Transporting Marijuana for Sale and Possession of Marijuana. The three subjects at the property who tried to flee; Jorge Armando Martinez-Madero, 39, Luis Alfredo Islave, 28, and Javier Rubio-Nunez, 30, all Mexican citizens were charged with Conspiracy to Commit Possession of Marijuana for Sale and Conspiracy to Commit Transporting Marijuana for Sale. All subjects were booked into the Cochise County Jail.

A second search warrant was served in the 300 block of Mustang Road in Huachuca City. There was no one home at the time of the service of the warrant but evidence found in the search indicates the home owner is involved in the distribution and sale of Marijuana. Over $50K in cash and several vehicles were seized from the property.

2. Remove Ads

I live in a small town in central Indiana where, and I am not kidding here, there is virtually no crime. The only things that happen involve teens being stupid. No car thefts. No robberies. No nothing. And I still carry at home because if my house is the first one invaded, I'm going to be ready to fight back.
    zonker1986 and Anubis like this.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

around here its the stupid meth heads we have to worry about, about 1/8 mile away they was busted 3 times for cooking that crap, the last time they had put a 24ft above ground pool in the ground, cut up all their cedar trees and made a brush pile on top of it so it could not be seen. its sad we have 20 acres and i need a gun rack on my tractor,
    terry

I live in Orlando, drug capital of Cental Florida....we got it all from bookoo drug dealers, gang activity, armed robberies, home invasions, domestic double suicides, road rage shootings and, and lots and lots of guns in the wrong hands.....other than that, its a really nice quiet town.

Sitting here playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 with my Glock 19 and Bersa Thunder 45 Ultracompact within reach....I don't take a shower without a gun easily accessible, and am never unarmed while I am awake. Some call it paranoid, some call it well prepared.......ooooohh the range opens at 9am tomorrow. Gotta get some sleep.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Maybe it would be easier to get those metal hurricane shields so you can push a button and deploy and lock the steel shutters over all openings in the house. Then you are secured from storms, bg's, and giant mice.

VIP Member
    I carry at home because I believe in the Boy Scout's motto...."Be Prepared".
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

What's the downside supposed to be, anyway?

I carry at home, because I've realized that there are bad people in the world, who target others and are capable of horrors that are inconceivable to me. I'd say that the odds are in my favor that I'll never meet one, but I'd like to be prepared if I do.
    helderberg likes this.
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

I carry at home because now a days, these young BG's think that old people are easy targets, home invasions are on the rise everywhere. Plus my 83 year old Grandmother was murdered by two home invaders, they got $50.00 for drugs. Plus killed two other elderly people before the cops nailed them. One of the $#@$%% BGj's hung himself in jail, the other is serving 3 life sentences'
    US Navy Veteren
    Ruger SP101 357 3" Barrel
    Taurus 65 357 Mag
    Glock 19 Gen3
    Walther PK 380
    www.guntoters.com

Whoa!
    "...total the pot seized carries a street value of $2.9 million dollars."

So I'm guessing he can't claim it was just for personal use?

When not at work, I can ALWAYS touch a firearm, and we live in a great sub...
    Beans likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Why do I carry at home ?
    I live in Philadelphia, PA simple as that ! The city of crime and murder ! When I have the chance I will leave but funds prohibit me from doing so right now !
    i'd like to go up state to Bradford CTY or Erie Cty. If I stay south, Chambersburg. Philly has turned into a real rathole ! A couple of years ago Philadelphia made time magazine's cover as most murderous city ! My gun has become part of my body !

Outlaw Guns and Only Outlaws Will Have Guns !!

Senior Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    I live in Orlando, drug capital of Cental Florida....we got it all from bookoo drug dealers, gang activity, armed robberies, home invasions, domestic double suicides, road rage shootings and, and lots and lots of guns in the wrong hands.....other than that, its a really nice quiet town.

Sitting here playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 with my Glock 19 and Bersa Thunder 45 Ultracompact within reach....I don't take a shower without a gun easily accessible, and am never unarmed while I am awake. Some call it paranoid, some call it well prepared.......ooooohh the range opens at 9am tomorrow. Gotta get some sleep.
    Plus 1 on Orlando.the City Beautiful but you better carry a weapon.

I carry at home anymore because I can't turn on the tv without seeing another report on a home invasion or shooting within 25 miles of my house.

I carry at home because even though I live in a low crime area, I'm one paranoid MOFO
    Anubis likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishmael View Post
    What's the downside supposed to be, anyway?
    Great question! There is no downside. But you already knew that.

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links