ANTI-GUN SIGN - lets change their attitude, or at least try to.

This is a discussion on ANTI-GUN SIGN - lets change their attitude, or at least try to. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; OK, so I was at my favorite local gun store yesterday at their brand new second location. I also saw next door to them they ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By oakchas
  • 1 Post By rammerjammer
  • 1 Post By JoJoGunn

Thread: ANTI-GUN SIGN - lets change their attitude, or at least try to.

ANTI-GUN SIGN - lets change their attitude, or at least try to.

OK, so I was at my favorite local gun store yesterday at their brand new second location. I also saw next door to them they had a Streets of New York Pizza place. I used to eat at SONY pizza all the time and love their food. Once I was done shopping (window) I told them I was going next door, they said "Sure? they have a no guns sign". I WOW, I told them well, I would go to the restaurant on the other side of them. The manager, Kevin, told me when he opened up the Streets manager said how happy he was that they were opening up to get him more customers. Kevin told him "don't get excited, my customers won't shop there". He replied "why?" and Kevin pointed out his sign, the manager of Streets said "damn, I am a franchise and because of my franchise agreement, I have to put that sign up, I don't agree with it".

So, who wants to help change their minds? Their website is below. Lets start a campaign to get that sign taken down.

The store I am referring to is Shooter's Vault at 19th avenue and Happy Valley Road in Phoenix AZ. Maybe if enough people here wrote in, they would not mandate all their franchises have that stupid sign up.

Dave

Contact - Streets of New York

P.S., let me know what you send in, and maybe even post a copy of it here.

2. Remove Ads

Streets of New York... What an apropos name for their establishment...

Guns are not allowed on the (real) streets of New York either.... Lotta good it's done them...

No, I won't write the company. We don't have any franchises here. The corporate heads of such companies firmly believe that having such signs will absolve them of any liability regardless of any print (fine or otherwise) in their insurance policies or the letter of the law.

They might change their tune if they were successfully sued under premises liability in some states. (Quite an unlikelihood, but possible)
    jem102 and bbqgrill like this.
    Politicians, take note of Colorado 9/10/2013.
    "You are elected to service, not power.
    Your job is to "serve us" not to lord power over us."
    Me, 9/11/13

We don't have those chains in Omaha either. I wouldn't bother eating at a stereotypical chain restaurant let alone write them a letter.

Eat at local mom and pops. No corporate BS to deal with. Plus I don't feel like paying a chain so they can keep their walls plastered with fau down home deocrations. I don't need to see license plates and alligators with sunglasses and cowboy hats on where I eat.
    jem102 likes this.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Tell them this :

If my legal firearm, legal permit and legal me are not welcome then

Then my legal tender is not welcome.
    VTski4x4 likes this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

VIP Member
    I heard the other day that the local Papa John's has a hard-to-see no gun sign posted somewhere, but I have never noticed it.

Send them this message: Since 7-8 out 10 robberies arfe commited by someone wearing a hoodie why not ban hoodies instead of guns?

Ban Hoodies...
    Then we will have to register them, get permits to own one, and be biased aginst for wearing one when you are out in cold weather. Then, we will form the NHA (National Hoodies Association) to protect the ruights of legal hoodie owners.
    However, it would take 10 years for the Gov't to act on it.......

This is totally tounge in cheek, a satire.

Cool I never liked "hoodies" anyway, ban them...just don't take my "footie" pajamas.

So, who wants to help change their minds? Their website is below. Lets start a campaign to get that sign taken down.
    Why bother? The restaurant business is competetive. Lots of other places to eat. I'm betting they need me more than I need them.

Links