glock 19 not chambered or Ruger SR9C safety on - Page 7

glock 19 not chambered or Ruger SR9C safety on

This is a discussion on glock 19 not chambered or Ruger SR9C safety on within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by ironmike86 I don't think he was posting about Glocks?? Read #2. I love my Glocks. My prefered carry. But I love my ...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Results 91 to 100 of 100
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: glock 19 not chambered or Ruger SR9C safety on

  1. #91
    Senior Member Array WC145's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Downeast Maine
    Posts
    890
    Quote Originally Posted by ironmike86 View Post
    I don't think he was posting about Glocks?? Read #2. I love my Glocks. My prefered carry. But I love my 1911 and I'm thinking I like the Lc9 and may get one :)
    I know what he posted, I was adding to his list (see the number 4 I put in front of my line?) because if you read all of the posts in this thread you'll understand my point - rather than people just answering the OP's question this thread has been turned into "carry a Glock or don't carry". That doesn't do the OP a bit of good. He already owns both guns, he should carry the gun he's comfortable with, that's what's best for him right now - not our brand preference.

    Heck, I won't own a Glock or an SR9 can't stand either one, give me steel and make it a 1911, but that doesn't mean I tell the OP to dump his plastic guns and go buy a Colt.
    “Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never—in nothing, great or small, large or petty—never give in, except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.”


  2. #92
    Senior Member Array ironmike86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    623
    Quote Originally Posted by WC145 View Post
    I know what he posted, I was adding to his list (see the number 4 I put in front of my line?) because if you read all of the posts in this thread you'll understand my point - rather than people just answering the OP's question this thread has been turned into "carry a Glock or don't carry". That doesn't do the OP a bit of good. He already owns both guns, he should carry the gun he's comfortable with, that's what's best for him right now - not our brand preference.

    Heck, I won't own a Glock or an SR9 can't stand either one, give me steel and make it a 1911, but that doesn't mean I tell the OP to dump his plastic guns and go buy a Colt.
    Yea he should. I always carry what I like. I like all guns. I have many plastic and steel. And can carry what I choose. PPl like Glock because they are inexpensive and function good. But tend to get fanboy. But I can see why. Doesn't help the OP but hopefully if anyone carrys a gun they have enough brains to carry what works for them JMO

  3. #93
    VIP Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    2,128
    The only choice there is the Ruger with the safety on. A Glock without a round chambered is rather useless.
    WC145 likes this.
    Not my circus, not my monkeys.

  4. #94
    Member Array pangloss9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    254
    To the OP, have you thought about trading your Glock or Ruger for an XD of some flavor? They have a grip safety that has to be depressed before you can fire the pistol. This seems like it might be the best of both worlds for you.

  5. #95
    Senior Member Array ironmike86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    623
    Quote Originally Posted by SamRudolph View Post
    The only choice there is the Ruger with the safety on. A Glock without a round chambered is rather useless.
    Well if your going to do something like anwser the op question.This is probally the correct answer. But we like to answer questions with what you should do statements :)
    WC145 likes this.

  6. #96
    Member Array 02PSD4ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Florida/Tennessee
    Posts
    229
    Quote Originally Posted by ironmike86 View Post
    Well if your going to do something like anwser the op question.This is probally the correct answer. But we like to answer questions with what you should do statements :)
    Aint that the Truth...
    02PSD4ME

  7. #97
    Member Array TommyGun4169's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Killadelphia, PA.
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by ironmike86 View Post
    MY carry is usaully a Glock. But I feel my 1911 is safer cocked and locked. Manual safety and grip saftey and need the pull of the trigger to shoot. Versus plain old pull of the trigger with the Glock
    I agree they are not for everybody ! For years I wouldn't even buy one ! Then my taste changed. I like other guns, im not just on the Glock bandwagon as many would think. My next purchase is going to be either a Ruger SR 40 or a Redhawk 44 Mag ! I already own a Ruger GP-100 and two Springfield XD/XDM's. I like Glock for it's simplicity and durability mainly. If you don't want it to fire, don't pull the trigger, and don't use them in cheap, floppy holsters ! I love the CZ-75 and Browning Hi-Power ! They will come along in the future, God willing. Glocks just grew on me through the years especially by the time the Gen 3's were out. Now two out of my three are Gen 4's.
    ironmike86 likes this.

    Outlaw Guns and Only Outlaws Will Have Guns !!

  8. #98
    Member Array TommyGun4169's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Killadelphia, PA.
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    That makes no sense to me at all...

    1. Not everyone needs to have the ability (or desire) to take a gun apart and see how it works.
    2. There's plenty of other options between a striker fired gun and rocks.
    3. Not everyone needs to carry with a round chambered if it's not for them, so be it - it's their choice based on their personal situation.
    Anyone who buys a semi-auto handgun or rifle should learn how to fieldstrip, clean and lube it ! If they don't the gun will rust, pit, and not work when needed !
    A semi-auto requres more maintenance than a revolver, and needs more attention to detail. Whenever a gun is sold at a gunshop they show folks how to disassemble it and clean it. It should be practiced and learned. If your not good mechanically don't buy a semi-auto, stick to revolvers ! But it isn't exactly rocket science either !
    Majorlk likes this.

    Outlaw Guns and Only Outlaws Will Have Guns !!

  9. #99
    Senior Member Array ironmike86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    623
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyGun4169 View Post
    Anyone who buys a semi-auto handgun or rifle should learn how to fieldstrip, clean and lube it ! If they don't the gun will rust, pit, and not work when needed !
    A semi-auto requres more maintenance than a revolver, and needs more attention to detail. Whenever a gun is sold at a gunshop they show folks how to disassemble it and clean it. It should be practiced and learned. If your not good mechanically don't buy a semi-auto, stick to revolvers ! But it isn't exactly rocket science either !
    I think if you can't learn how to field stipsyour semi.= You tube ect.... You maynot have the brains to even own a gun? Wheel gun either. They are faily simple. Owning a gun seems to require more brians to handle it than the field strip??? JMHO

  10. #100
    Member Array RTTR84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Canadian in America
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyDTrigger View Post
    All mothern firearms should have a perfect safety record. The person carrying them might not.. but that's NOT the gun's fault. This guy might work for a competitor of Glock or something. This is the 2nd time I read a similar comment by him.
    There have been a few cases of manufacturing problems, I think the early S&W versions of the Walther PPK refresh had an issue where they could go off from certain situations, but was fixed, and if I read all the articles correct, nobody was hurt from that.

    But you're right, ND is not manufacture caused.

    On a side note, the last few pages of this thread are a nice laugh on a slow rainy Sunday.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

glock 19 concealed carry

,

glock 19 safety

,

glock 19 vs ruger sr9c

,

glock 19 vs sr9c

,

ruger sr9c safety

,

ruger sr9c vs glock 19

,

ruger sr9c vs glock 26

,

ruger src9

,
sr9c or glock 19
,
sr9c safety
,

sr9c vs glock 19

,
sr9c vs glock 26
Click on a term to search for related topics.