Parka Time and CCW

This is a discussion on Parka Time and CCW within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It's in a pocket holster, but I can thumb the holster off the gun and shoot through the pocket. I've only read about doing this ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Parka Time and CCW

Senior Member Array GentlemanJim's Avatar
    It's in a pocket holster, but I can thumb the holster off the gun and shoot through the pocket.

I've only read about doing this and practiced it with an empty weapon.

I hope I don't light myself on fire.

Honestly, it's one of those limited application things. Most of the time it would be better to get the gun out of the pocket and out in front of you. But sometimes sneakiness is a virtue.

Jim

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    apvbguy I just sweep it up just like a shirt or sweat shirt. I don't wear 3/4 lenght coats, only jacket length. I also carry in a appendix poisition or front front pocket. And 26 years of pracrtice makes for change very little

When buying coats I pick those with snaps or velcro. I snap the coat higher up and am able to sweep the bottom if need be. I also carry a snubby in the breast zip pocket. When driving I can't get under the coat quick enough.

To keep a low profile remember anyone with an open coat in bad weather is assumed to be carrying.

Problem some people have with gloves and revolver is the gloved finger will not go far enough forward after first shot to permit the trigger to reset.

To solve this problem some chose the DA/SA semi auto. Here after the first shot the trigger only needs to go forward a slight distance to establish a single action pull.

For a "parka pocket" semi auto you might look at the sub compact Beretta Storm

Quote Originally Posted by jack76590 View Post
    Problem some people have with gloves and revolver is the gloved finger will not go far enough forward after first shot to permit the trigger to reset.

To solve this problem some chose the DA/SA semi auto. Here after the first shot the trigger only needs to go forward a slight distance to establish a single action pull.

For a "parka pocket" semi auto you might look at the sub compact Beretta Storm
    Unfortunately I just got a Beretta 92FS a few months ago. Great gun but I doubt they have pocket holsters for it. Thanks for the kind help though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links