These are some of the reasons that CC is viewed so negatively

This is a discussion on These are some of the reasons that CC is viewed so negatively within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This kind of crap is really not what we need to help our position. These are two stories from this week that prove there are ...

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree153Likes

Thread: These are some of the reasons that CC is viewed so negatively

These are some of the reasons that CC is viewed so negatively

This kind of crap is really not what we need to help our position. These are two stories from this week that prove there are plenty of nut jobs on our side that somehow think this helps. The labor unions are going wild trying to recall the Gov. and 4 Senators because they don't like their positions and can't stand that they lost in the election. If they are successful the legislature may go on a rampage and undo everything that has been passed including CC and Castle Doctrine. The Dem's have said that CC is not the reason for the recall alone but is something they would revisit. I know this all started with the state union law but now the ball is rolling and these two stories will not help us keep our rights.

Police seek charges against gun carrier with permit pending - JSOnline

Victim recalls little of shooting during open carry homicide trial - JSOnline
    AIRWAR and WD54241 like this.

2. Remove Ads

Doesn't sound to me from what the article states, that Sutterfield did anything wrong and was within her rights. It sounds like ther local police and the judge went out of their way, violating her rights, to try and permanently confiscate her weapon.

As for the 2nd story, I hope Gonzalez has a good attorney, because according to the story (and without all the actual facts, that's what a trial is for), it does sound like he might have "jumped the gun" (no pun intended) and pulled the trigger on two people that meant no harm to him. Especially if the car was headed "away" from him, (I'm not sure if it was headed away or toward him), but "if" it was headed away, it was not a threat he had to take out. As for Corn, he was unarmed. Sounds to me like Gonzalez is in some hot water and looking at doing time.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Ex Member
    I am a Marine combat Vet, and have had a CCW permit for DECADES. That doesn't bother me, OPEN CARRY gets my attention.

Wisconsin still has some kinks to get worked out of their laws.

This fellow however needs to get his head examined.

Close followers of the gun law changes saw this kind of issue coming. Nik Clark, president of Wisconsin Carry, Inc., said that "in an abundance of caution," the group has recommended that members put their handguns on the dashboard or the seat next to them.
    Really, you want a gun unsecured floating around the passenger compartment of a vehicle?
    Herknav, 9MMare, baren and 2 others like this.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

"Ok a person with a concealed carry permit may carry concealed on their person in their vehicle." - DoJ website.

A person WITHOUT a CCP may now: "Place, posses, or transport a handgun in a vehicle without being unloaded or encased."-Wis.Stats.167.31(2)(b)
    MKEgal likes this.
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best!

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledown View Post
    This kind of crap is really not what we need to help our position. These are two stories from this week that prove there are plenty of nut jobs on our side that somehow think this helps. The labor unions are going wild trying to recall the Gov. and 4 Senators because they don't like their positions and can't stand that they lost in the election. If they are successful the legislature may go on a rampage and undo everything that has been passed including CC and Castle Doctrine. The Dem's have said that CC is not the reason for the recall alone but is something they would revisit. I know this all started with the state union law but now the ball is rolling and these two stories will not help us keep our rights.

I don't really know anyone who's against CCW - most I know don't care; they're not shooters and they don't think about guns.

Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post
    Really, you want a gun unsecured floating around the passenger compartment of a vehicle?
    I've never quite figured it out:
    Florida allows you to carry a loaded pistol in you car without a license as long as it is concealed from view (under a newspaper?)
    North Carolina allows you to carry a loaded pistol in your car without a license as long as it's in plain sight (on the dashboard?)

Of course, the point is moot to me. I've got mine CC'd. And two three others behind it.

The woman in the first article was sitting in her car with the intention of getting the police to visit her so she could "test" the law. Otherwise why else do you go to a high crime area in the middle of the night and sit in your car working on you computer until the police come. I agree that the police and others may have overreached in her previous encounters, staged I am sure, but to go out in search of problems does not seem to be something that helps the situation.

The second guy is in a world of hurt. He came out to move his car but walked nearly a block in the opposite direction of where his car was parked and proceeded to shoot two unarmed people. The fact that he was an outspoken pro gun open carry push the limit for attention type just really makes things harder for us "normal" people that just want the ability to defend ourselves and families. To be honest whether the car was headed at him or not it is hard to justify the shoot. If the situation actually happened as described in the article. I see someone walk up and shoot my friend or family member I am now using the car as a weapon in defense of my life and my already injured family or friend. By shooting the unarmed nephew I think he gave up the right to claim self defense against the uncle.
    AIRWAR likes this.

The lady in the first story wasn't breaking the law. So I'm not sure why you think she is an idiot. If you were wrongfully arrested for carrying should we automatically consider you an idiot? the guy in the second article will have a hard time justifying the shoot. I wasn't there so I don't know all the facts but I can see where a couple of drunk, roudy and loud guys could have easily started something with him on the street. But as I said, it's hard to say since I wasn't there.

Quote Originally Posted by 1 old 0311 View Post
    I am a Marine combat Vet, and have had a CCW permit for DECADES. That doesn't bother me, OPEN CARRY gets my attention.
    Seriously? You are a Marine combat Vet and an American exercising one of the very rights you served in combat to protect makes you skittish? You would be the first Marine that I have ever heard say something like that if true.

The woman in the first article was sitting in her car with the intention of getting the police to visit her so she could "test" the law. Otherwise why else do you go to a high crime area in the middle of the night and sit in your car working on you computer until the police come. I agree that the police and others may have overreached in her previous encounters, staged I am sure, but to go out in search of problems does not seem to be something that helps the situation.

The second guy is in a world of hurt. He came out to move his car but walked nearly a block in the opposite direction of where his car was parked and proceeded to shoot two unarmed people. The fact that he was an outspoken pro gun open carry push the limit for attention type just really makes things harder for us "normal" people that just want the ability to defend ourselves and families. To be honest whether the car was headed at him or not it is hard to justify the shoot. If the situation actually happened as described in the article. I see someone walk up and shoot my friend or family member I am now using the car as a weapon in defense of my life and my already injured family or friend. By shooting the unarmed nephew I think he gave up the right to claim self defense against the uncle.
    Are you suggestion that those of us who open carry are somehow abnormal?? I could just as easily suggest that it is you who is abnormal. I could point to the seemingly pathological shame you exhibit and your illogical need to hide your exercise of a right that is actually named in the Constitution as proof that you are the abnormal one. but I don't because I do not see it that way. I do not view someone who chooses to only carry concealed as abnormal just as you should not in any way see someone like this lady or me or any of the other thousands of us who carry openly as abnormal. it is simply a slightly different means of exercising the same right you exercise by carrying concealed. This kind of thing (the rift between folks who are so belligerently anti-open carry and those of us who are fine with either) hurts our cause more than most anti gun groups ever could. And for the record, I have NEVER met nor even heard of someone who is pro-open carry and anti-concealed carry, but I have seen many of you out there who are aggressively anti-open carry but completely fine with concealed carry and it does strike me that you are almost ashamed of or scared that someone might be offended by the fact that you carry a gun. That seems odd to me.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

the lady in the first article knows the owner of the property and had permission to be on property after hours to use their wi-fi.
    jag06, MKEgal and thephanatik like this.

How is what I am doing in an area anyones business if I am breaking no law?
    It would make life much easier for the government if everyone were required to have a reason for their activity even if it is completely legal. Do you really want the police to arrest everyone that does not have a good reason to do something?

If I am not breaking a law please leave me alone.
    If you are not sure if I am breaking a law please leave me alone.
    Come see me when you have a law to enforce. Until then leave me alone.

Michael

The guy is screwed, the woman tho i agree, was breaking no law. What scares me is, I knew the law posted it just had the look up the Wis. Stats. on it.... why dont the police know it?
    MKEgal and thephanatik like this.
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Real CC is never viewed, at least if done properly.
    IWLAFART likes this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

I am in Florida and always carry the concelaled weapons statutes ..... most cops are clueless .... they just don't like dealing with people that have guns
    Bullet1234 and MKEgal like this.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Real CC is never viewed, at least if done properly.
    True, but in her case she didnt have her permit yet, and there fore had to OC.
    MKEgal likes this.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Links