Interesting revelation

This is a discussion on Interesting revelation within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've been carrying my G26 exclusively for several months, even though I have several different pistols. I picked up a Sig P250 SC and learned ...

Thread: Interesting revelation

Interesting revelation

I've been carrying my G26 exclusively for several months, even though I have several different pistols. I picked up a Sig P250 SC and learned something new at the range today. The G26 is a 10+1 carry and the Sig is a 12+1 carry.

While practicing tonight, I found myself dropping the magazine to reload with 2 rounds still in the magazine. I have always counted my rounds as I shot (Military and IPSC) and had become so accustomed to the G26 that I was subconsciously dropping the magazine at 10 so I would still have a round chambered on the reload.

I guess my point in this would be not only comfortable with your carry pistol, but also remember the number of rounds you have. God forbid any of us are ever in a SD situation and either run the weapon dry because we aren't used to it, or, drop the magazine with rounds still in it.

2. Remove Ads

Look at the bright side. When the SHTF, there will always be mags laying around with two more rounds.

But in all seriousness, counting rounds is a highly desirable skill. Just like anything, practice. I'm good with semis. I always drop a hammer on an empty wheelie. That was five?

Counting rounds is a good thing, and you get used to it so it is nothing you really have to think about in the heat of the moment.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

I rarely practice with any thing I do not carry.

If your life depends on bring that EDC CC into action and using it effectively then don't confuse your muscle memory.

JMMH-YMMV
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by searcher 45 View Post
    I rarely practice with any thing I do not carry.

If your life depends on bring that EDC CC into action and using it effectively then don't confuse your muscle memory.

JMMH-YMMV
    I agree 100%. I'm getting ready to start carrying the Sig, so I was practicing with it when I realized what I was doing.

I've read threads about people rotating their EDC, and this was something I didn't think about when I started practicing. I have no problem with rotating my EDC, but I plan on waiting at least a month in between rotations.

Links