Does it Freak you out too?

This is a discussion on Does it Freak you out too? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Moral of the story....Good Holster. Dont fuss with the dam thing and all should be good. Put your finger on the trigger, Expect bad things ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Does it Freak you out too?

Moral of the story....Good Holster. Dont fuss with the dam thing and all should be good. Put your finger on the trigger, Expect bad things to happen....Once again, common sense will prevail.

2. Remove Ads

Never thought about it. Trigger protected = no boom, no issues.
    Harryball likes this.
    "To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them"
    - George Mason, American Statesman (1725-92)

No. But then, I'm not one to over think things or conjure up irrational fears.
    Harryball, GreyGhost and msgt/ret like this.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Don't know how you are putting your holster and your gun, but when I sit, my gun is still pointed straight down.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

The sig is a permutation of the Colt Mustang. The mechanism has a pin which locks the firing pin unless the trigger is hld all the way back. So, if the gun shhots, the trigger was held back, firing it.
    I carry mine-- hammer down, safety off and have practiced pulling , cocking and firing it.
    I also use a uncle Mike's pocket or IWB holster.

what freaks me out more is that I got called for Jury Duty.....again, at the end of this month. Already breaking out in a cold sweat just thinking about going unarmed. This will be the first time since I had Jury Duty in 2007.

I carry a pistol in my pocket every day. Haven't shot anyone through my pants pocket yet, so I must be doing ok.
    I'll be sure to have a realistic nightmare tonight of accidentally shooting my boss sitting across from me in a meeting in honor of this thread.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    what freaks me out more is that I got called for Jury Duty.....again, at the end of this month. Already breaking out in a cold sweat just thinking about going unarmed. This will be the first time since I had Jury Duty in 2007.

I carry a pistol in my pocket every day. Haven't shot anyone through my pants pocket yet, so I must be doing ok.
    I'll be sure to have a realistic nightmare tonight of accidentally shooting my boss sitting across from me in a meeting in honor of this thread.
    Can I send my boss to the same meeting? Two fer?
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

VIP Member
    Been pocket carrying for years with no issues. Use a quality holster that covers the trigger fully. Don't put other things in the pocket with the weapon.

Keep your hand out of your pocket and quit playing with your gun. You won't have any issues.
    marcclarke likes this.

One thing I could probably never get over being very uncomfortable about is using one of those IWB front-carry "kangaroo pouches" because there's just some things I'd rather not think about having the muzzle of a pistol pointed at 24/7 regardless of how safe the pistol was.

Even with the hammer down, I'd still be wondering if walking through a very intense RF field could possibly ignite a primer like it can a dynamite cap, I'd have to stop scratching myself when bored, and what about going to the restroom and triggering the wrong weapon

I also pocket carry a Sig P238 cocked and locked. Place it in a good holster and don't put anything else in that pocket other than the firearm and you'll be okay. Oh, and I wouldn't play "pocket pool" with a firearm in my pocket just to be on the safe side!
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States.
    There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
    - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Sig P238/Sig 1911 Ultra/Beretta PX4 Storm/Kimber Ultra Carry II

No not for me. But you should get a better quality holster.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Quote Originally Posted by LvEp3 View Post
    So I recently bought a sig p238 for conealed carry which i use with an uncle mike's #3 in pocket holster. I was at the movies with my wife and felt very uncomfortable for the fact that had someone been in front of me my gun would be pointed right at them. another scenario: when i am sitting down it freaks me out know my gun is pointed at people. now i have had my concealed permit since 09 and i had an xd 9 4'' barrel that i would only carry on the rare occasion on my hip (3-4:00). I do carry my sig locked and cocked, Does anyone else feel weird about pocket carrying?
    There's an article on Pocket Carry in this month's GUNS & AMMO HANGUNNER you may want to take a look at.

First off I would like to thank you guys for the feedback. Just an update I do carry it in the right front pocket in a holster that holds it very well and nothing in the pocket. I guess I just wanted to see if anybody else thought about it at all. I'm one to be very conscious about gun safety which was the concern for my question .

I have been carring for over 38 years. I have yet to have a gun shoot unless I pull the trigger. I usually carry an old Colt light weight Cobra snubbie in a OTB leather holster as with some of my other guns. I Dont carry a small pistol in a pocket as I feel it is kinda unsafe unless in a pocked holster.
    With my OTB holster and snubbie I forget I even have it on. Just yesterday I was cleaned the leaves out of my gutter with it on.
    I don't feel where the gun is pointed as long as it is holstered makes any difference.

A gun is always pointing somewhere. It's the nature of the beast. Use a holster that covers the trigger and leave it alone and it's all good. If it's the way the gun works, like cocked and locked, or DAO like a Glock that gives you fits, change guns. Perhaps a revolver would make you feel better.
    Question Everything!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links