Does it Freak you out too?

This is a discussion on Does it Freak you out too? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; No.......

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Does it Freak you out too?

VIP Member
    No....

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by GaryG View Post
    This'll surely start a firestorm response, but I'll comment that the OP has a valid concern.

Anything made by man can fail. Think about the sear/disconnect mechanics and how little metal is holding back the firing assembly on a striker-fired gun.

The 4 rules of gun safety don't just apply "sometimes". If you knowlingly allow your muzzle to point towards an individual, even in a 'foolproof' holster covering the trigger, you are negligent.

As mentioned by a previous poster, I feel the same way about cocked-n-locked 1911 in horizontal-carry shouler holsters - - I hate walking behind those individuals.

The OP needs to rethink his carry options. If his spidey senses tell him that something is making him uncomfortable, he should listen to his instincts.

To those who posted, "dont worry about it - nothing's going to happen if you don't pull the trigger": would you feel totally at ease with a gun in a good holster being pointed at you, your wife, or your child? I bet not.

Flame away.
    I totally agree with this. The other day I went into my favorite gun store, and when I saw all those handguns laying in the glass cases on their sides - ALL OF THEM POINTING AT ME AND OTHER CUSTOMERS, I started to shake and tremble with fear, broke into cold sweats, and had to leave the establishment. Thinking back on it, it's obvious that the gun store owners are aware of the danger, otherwise they'd have them pointing behind the counter, right?

Quote Originally Posted by g26az View Post
    . . I started to shake and tremble with fear, broke into cold sweats, and had to leave the establishment.

Lol. Now, that's just a little over the top; but I do understand that uncomfortable feeling that you are talking about.

With that logic people with guns in holsters should never be allowed to leave the lowest level of a home for fear the gun could fail and shoot someone on the floor below. BTW can anyone produce evidence of a single failure of this type? If you fear you will be the first how do you ever leave the house for fear of all the other possible firsts that may strike you down? After all you may be the first to be killed by a quarter falling from the pocket of a stunt pilot doing a barrel roll at 10,000 feet.
    Majorlk likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by g26az View Post
    I totally agree with this. The other day I went into my favorite gun store, and when I saw all those handguns laying in the glass cases on their sides - ALL OF THEM POINTING AT ME AND OTHER CUSTOMERS, I started to shake and tremble with fear, broke into cold sweats, and had to leave the establishment. Thinking back on it, it's obvious that the gun store owners are aware of the danger, otherwise they'd have them pointing behind the counter, right?
    Man, you have some severe paranoia problems, if you are afraid of firearms in a gun store's display cases. Now if you could provide a single instance of a displayed firearm loading itself and firing at a customer (or anyone else) then I might understand someone wetting their pants and running screaming from the store in fear. :)

I often wonder how long some of the people posting such fears on this thread have actual experience around firearms.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

The only thing I don't like about pocket carry is that my weapon is not easily accessable when sitting.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links