Does it Freak you out too?

This is a discussion on Does it Freak you out too? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I recently bought a sig p238 for conealed carry which i use with an uncle mike's #3 in pocket holster. I was at the ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Does it Freak you out too?

So I recently bought a sig p238 for conealed carry which i use with an uncle mike's #3 in pocket holster. I was at the movies with my wife and felt very uncomfortable for the fact that had someone been in front of me my gun would be pointed right at them. another scenario: when i am sitting down it freaks me out know my gun is pointed at people. now i have had my concealed permit since 09 and i had an xd 9 4'' barrel that i would only carry on the rare occasion on my hip (3-4:00). I do carry my sig locked and cocked, Does anyone else feel weird about pocket carrying?

Keep it in a good holster and keep everything else out of the pocket. If nothing pulls the trigger the gun will not fire. I carry at home. If I'm in the recliner and reclined the gun is pointed out. But in a good holster, that's a non issue. It's normal to be concerned about it. But it's a non issue if the trigger is covered. Unholstered, that would be something to worry about.
    PatAz likes this.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Quote Originally Posted by LvEp3 View Post
    So I recently bought a sig p238 for conealed carry which i use with an uncle mike's #3 in pocket holster. I was at the movies with my wife and felt very uncomfortable for the fact that had someone been in front of me my gun would be pointed right at them. another scenario: when i am sitting down it freaks me out know my gun is pointed at people. now i have had my concealed permit since 09 and i had an xd 9 4'' barrel that i would only carry on the rare occasion on my hip (3-4:00). I do carry my sig locked and cocked, Does anyone else feel weird about pocket carrying?
    Dunno how big the gun is in relation to your pockets, but when I Carry with a pocket gun and holster I wear pants with decent size pockets. If gun's position in pocket is a problem, I can just slightly change the angle of the gun-in-holster by gripping the hilt and angling it a bit the way I want it. (Especially if it's pointing to my you-know-whats.)

Quote Originally Posted by LvEp3 View Post
    No....it's in a holster. I'd stop over thinking it. When it's on your hip, do you worry about people on the floor below you? The gun will only fire when the trigger is pulled.
    45ACP4ever likes this.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Yep, good pocket holster and nothing else in the pocket. I carry my G33 in a Don Hume pocket holster almost every day.
    No worries here.
    Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk

Direct answer..."No!"

Get over it...
    WC145, BkCo1, JDE101 and 6 others like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Administrator
    Does it freak you out that when you're walking around on the 2nd floor of your home your firearm is pointed directly at the tops of the heads of the people walking around or sitting on the 1st floor below you?

Because it is - and most (home construction) floors will not stop a bullet.

Leave your properly holstered firearm alone and don't fiddle around with it.

If it's properly holstered and it's a quality firearm carried in its intended safe mode for carry then don't be concerned about it.
    archer51 and jem102 like this.

GM
    Welcome to the forum

The answer is "no".
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

This is the advice the father who shot (and killed) himself should have asked for. With a cheap holster/no holster you are more likely to shoot yourself than anyone else.

If the holster covers the trigger fully, the gun stays in the holster without moving, and you don't mess with your gun, then you are in no danger to anyone.

VIP Member
    IMO, to think about it, shows a level of gun safety awareness, and that's a good thing. The freaking out part, I think, will eventually go away.
    Flasher likes this.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Does it freak you out that when you're walking around on the 2nd floor of your home your firearm is pointed directly at the tops of the heads of the people walking around or sitting on the 1st floor below you?

Because it is - and most (home construction) floors will not stop a bullet.

Leave your properly holstered firearm alone and don't fiddle around with it.

If it's properly holstered and it's a quality firearm carried in its intended safe mode for carry then don't be concerned about it.
    +1 to this.

Welcome to the forum.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    I don't feel at all weird about pocket carrying, because I don't do it. Reading through all the "ifs" listed by the various posters re-confirms my reluctance. I'll stick to high quality iwb holsters as my only method of carry.
    Majorlk likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Direct answer..."No!"

Get over it...
    This^^^^

That gun in it's holster won't do anything to anyone. Freaking out over that scenario is like refusing to walk past the muzzle of a gun laying on a table when you're the only one in the room.
    “Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never—in nothing, great or small, large or petty—never give in, except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.”

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    Two, freaks me out too! Especially having 3 kids. I know exactly what you mean. Was in a meeting yesterday and my gun was pointed at the person speaking the whole time.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

No never even think about it, my Glock 19 only goes bang when I pull the trigger.
    jem102 likes this.
    US Navy Veteren
    Ruger SP101 357 3" Barrel
    Taurus 65 357 Mag
    Glock 19 Gen3
    Walther PK 380
    www.guntoters.com

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links