dont ask dont tell

dont ask dont tell

This is a discussion on dont ask dont tell within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Lesson learned about non family members and carry. A very good friend of mine is really the only other person that knows I carry other ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: dont ask dont tell

dont ask dont tell

Lesson learned about non family members and carry.

A very good friend of mine is really the only other person that knows I carry other than family members.

We are thinking about going in to partnership .

My friend told me other day that if we do this he dosnt want me carrying in the business.

I was shocked on this and not ok with this .

Moral of story for me moveing foward no one else will ever know.

If anyone else out side family ask my comment will be Oh heck no Guns are dangerous.

Then you would also be reinforceing what much of the media and many that are against firearms try to push !! If you don't believe it, don't tell others it.
    RugerMak likes this.
    " The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson

Guess it is time to find a new partner.
    Flasher, RugerMak, baren and 1 others like this.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

VIP Member
    I would definitely lose the "heck no, guns are dangerous" line. Beyond that, better to discover the deal-breaker before it is made.

Is he going to own more than 50% of the business? If not, who cares what he wants.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

If you can't come to an agreement on this, I would say don't enter into the partnership. If something like this stirs the water, when money or other things come into play the partnership or relationship is doomed to fail. Better to not get into it than to get started and end up with lengthy legal troubles or someone walking all over you and your money or labor.

Good luck with your decision.
    tts, oneshot and RugerMak like this.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

My response would have been "yeah, uh huh. Okay", an eyeroll, and on to the next order of business. My carrying is not an option, and the friends of mine that know I carry know that as well.

If people know you never compromise your principles, they're surprisingly accepting of your decisions.
    RugerMak likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Wing View Post
    Lesson learned about non family members and carry.

A very good friend of mine is really the only other person that knows I carry other than family members.

We are thinking about going in to partnership .

My friend told me other day that if we do this he dosnt want me carrying in the business.

I was shocked on this and not ok with this .

Moral of story for me moveing foward no one else will ever know.

If anyone else out side family ask my comment will be Oh heck no Guns are dangerous.
    Another good reason for keeping private business private: the more who know you have guns at home the greater the chance someone will find out who likes to steal guns. A favorite from what I've heard of thieves.
    RugerMak likes this.

I've been an accountant for a very long time. Partnerships are like a marriage, and both partners need to have the same values, and have to be pretty much on the same page with
    about everything. Better to find out about his dislike for you carrying now than later. A partnership gone bad is worse than any bad marriage you have ever seen......they suck big time.
    Been involved in way too many business dissolutions for the most ridiculous of reasons. Very good businesses are destroyed due to minor differences in opion on the weirdest topics, and your
    difference of opinion on carrying in your business??? A total deal breaker. Move on.

Like 357and40 said: Time to find a new partner.
    RugerMak likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    Is he going to own more than 50% of the business? If not, who cares what he wants.
    This right here...50/50 you can do what you want.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Obviously, there is a fairly deep divide between you. Something to consider before investing a lot of time/money/effort with this person. As has been said by others in this thread: time for a new partner.
    RugerMak likes this.
    "How much self-defense is too much?"

A prudent one foresees the evil and hides himself, but the simple pass on and are punished. - Proverbs 22:3

You could always draw a line of duct-tape down the middle of the business.... Your side, carry friendly / his side...
    baren likes this.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Don't enter into an agreement with this individual, you'll only have problems...
    RugerMak likes this.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    It sounds to me like a sign of things to come. If partners aren't in full agreement--it's not a partnership, regardless of percents of ownership.

The carrying of a weapon is a personal issue, not a business issue. If it becomes one, things will go downhill quickly if not resolveable. are you prepared to conceed?
    RugerMak, tts and 2wheelGnnr like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Senior Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 357and40 View Post
    Guess it is time to find a new partner.
    Plus 1 on this!!.
    RugerMak likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links