WV/NM and PA/Maine Sign Agreements. TX,. NC and H.R. 822 Updates

This is a discussion on WV/NM and PA/Maine Sign Agreements. TX,. NC and H.R. 822 Updates within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Pennsylvania and Maine have signed a Reciprocity Agreement. Maine signed with Michigan just over a week ago. If Maine will sign with PA they will ...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By Gary Slider
  • 1 Post By Flasher
  • 1 Post By GunnyBunny
  • 2 Post By Gary Slider

Thread: WV/NM and PA/Maine Sign Agreements. TX,. NC and H.R. 822 Updates

Senior Member Array Gary Slider's Avatar

WV/NM and PA/Maine Sign Agreements. TX,. NC and H.R. 822 Updates

Pennsylvania and Maine have signed a Reciprocity Agreement. Maine signed with Michigan just over a week ago. If Maine will sign with PA they will sign with just about anyone. I look for more from Maine in the future.
    Crime: Protecting Pennsylvania Against Crime - Pennsylvania Office of Attorney General

West Virginia and New Mexico have signed a Reciprocity Agreement. New Mexico DPS has made a 180 degree turn and is working hard to get as many states as they can to honor their Permit/License. They have also updated their website with reasons why they will not honor some states.
    Reciprocity Agreements | New Mexico Department of Public Safety

Come 12/1/11 NC will honor all other states Permit/Licenses to Carry. They also will remove Financial Institutions from the list of places in State Law that are Off Limits to those with a valid Permit/License. On 12/1 those with a valid Permit/License can carry in State Parks, St/National Forests and Fishing Reservations. They will also have a limited Parking Lot Storage Law. Places that serve alcohol are still off limits. NC RKBA’s Orgs will be working on Restaurant Carry in the next State Legislature Session. The NC Page at Handgunlaw.us will be updated on 12/1 to reflect these changes in NC Law.

Railroad Commission of Texas has changed their policy about firearms on their property. Employees and those with a valid Permit/License to Carry can now carry on their property and in their buildings. Yes their buildings. They will even let their employees carry while working even if they drive a Railroad Commission Vehicle. More states need to do this. Here is a new release by the Railroad Commission of Texas:
    NEWS RELEASE: Smitherman Changes Railroad Commission Firearms Policy- November 8, 2011

HR 822 ( National Reciprocity) passed and is awaiting work by the Senate. This could be next week or next year. I do not believe Mr. Reid will be to quick in placing it on the agenda. This will be very interesting to watch as the Dems do not want to have anything to do with firearms. It has cost them dearly in the past and they know it. Seven Dem Senators are from states that honor all other states permit/licenses and if they vote against it they are voting not against keeping guns out of their state but from keeping their constitutes from carrying in other states. It will be interesting. If it passes will Obama Veto it? That would be very interesting also. Only time will tell.
    http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-1...112hr822eh.pdf

Also Eric Crist of Minnesota has come onboard at Handgunlaw.us He is another RKBA’s/Computer guy and has a lot of great ideas on making the site respond faster and some improvements on what we have now. You will see very few changes in the layout and no changes in the information on the site but there will be improvements in the future.
    Buckj, ccman and RugerMak like this.
    Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network

2. Remove Ads

You guys are the best. Please keep upthe great work. Thanks.

Excellent post - very informative!
    RugerMak likes this.
    "How much self-defense is too much?"

A prudent one foresees the evil and hides himself, but the simple pass on and are punished. - Proverbs 22:3

Thanks Gary, your sight is one of the few bookmarks I have on my computer.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

If I'm not mistaken, this state for state thing you're mentioning is too broken down. The law will state, if passed, and it has through the House, that if you have a CCW from your state, it will be honored in all states that have a CCW themselves. That would only take out IL and Washington DC since they have no CCW what-so-ever. You could even carry in NY or NJ if you had a permit from FL or PA which was unheard of in the past since the beginning of time it seems like. HR 822 Concealed Carry Gun Bill Passes House Vote

...Now how would that effect a state like Vermont, where you don't need a permit to carry, ...that's a good question.
    What's this button do?

VIP Member
    Gary, what would we do without you guys?
    ccman likes this.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

GunnyBunny, Just my contribution to the RKBA's. Those who carry firearms want to stay within the law. We are the Good Guys. But to do that you have to know what it is so we try to make that information available as best we can. Handgunlaw.us is far from perfect. We try to present the firearm laws as best we can so that people can understand them. There will always be questions and we don't have all the answers. But the longer we keep trying the better it will be and the more us Good Guys can stay within the law. I am just hoping that someday Handgunlaw.us will not be needed. That it will be obsolete because the 2nd Amendment is totally in force and us good guys can carry where we want all the time without worrying about this states laws or if we have to do this or are we allowed to do this. I keep hoping for that day.
    ccman and Doubledown like this.
    Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Slider View Post
    I am just hoping that someday Handgunlaw.us will not be needed. That it will be obsolete because the 2nd Amendment is totally in force and us good guys can carry where we want all the time without worrying about this states laws or if we have to do this or are we allowed to do this. I keep hoping for that day.
    I am hoping for that day for us on this side of the border too. I'm sure you've noticed my signature line.

For the first time in, I don't know how long, we have a Government in power that is not anti and changes are already starting.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Thanks Gary!

Now if WV and Wisconsin agree on reciprocity that would be excellent.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Glad to see some improvments. I cancelled a trip to No Carolina due to some of the laws there.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

If Maine will sign with PA they will sign with just about anyone..
    Hey...should I be offended by that?

Distinguished Member
    Thanks for the update Gary. I don't think a week goes by that I don't reference your site for some info.
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

Thanks to everyone for the kind words about Handgunlaw.us. It is very much appreciated.

mrjam2jab,

You can take that either way! HA HA. But being from WV I am use to being at the bottom of the list in just about everything good and at the top of every list for everything Bad. But I was serious that if Maine would sign with PA they will sign with just about anyone else as PA has some of the lowest standards to obtain a Permit/License to Carry. But what I actually mean by that is I expect to see Maine sign more Agreements.
    Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

VIP Member
    Good job. THX.

But I was serious that if Maine would sign with PA they will sign with just about anyone else as PA has some of the lowest standards to obtain a Permit/License to Carry.
    Maine has reciprocity with SD, which I think takes the prize for least hassle/standards. The form is much shorter and less intrusive than PA's, no photo and no references needed. Just $10 for four year permit, and it's delivered quickly. I can't imagine any state having a less strict procedure, other than constitutional carry.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

Links