I was wondering.....

This is a discussion on I was wondering..... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; In a Military position, 24. Civilian with CCW 48. Other that that, No Comment!...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I was wondering.....

In a Military position, 24. Civilian with CCW 48. Other that that, No Comment!
    William Wallace
    Do not stand between Me and Mine!!

2. Remove Ads

21 years old

Lead Moderator
    I started carrying in 1970 at the ripe old age of 25. It was up in Pennsylvania, and before "shall issue". A few years later I was transfered to Maryland........ So you know what happened to my carry rights!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

I started carrying open while hunting dear and
    hog in the mid 70's.

My Step dad bought me and old Ruger 3 screw .357,
    boy what a revolver.

In 1979 I joined the Auxiliary police Dept. and got issued
    a 4" S&W 581, been carrying ever since.
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

VIP Member
    I'm 52 now and started carrying about 2 years ago when Missouri changed their law. At that time St. Louis and Kansas City would not accept the law so I got my permit from the state of Maine.

erh

Does seem to be a "LONG Time NOW..!"

1981 - Off & On as Duty Called or locations changed...
    Eric Howland
    Savannah, GA.

I started to open carry in my rural community when I was 50 or so right after we moved there. Almost Two years ago we got CCW in MO and I have been doing so ever since.

I've been carrying since 1973.

Been carrying since 1994. Started as open carry in Nevada until I went with a couple of guys I worked with for the class in 1997.

Moved to NC in 1998 and carried "descretely" (read:not concealed, but not plainly obvious) until I was able to research the laws regarding open carry and CC.

I got lazy for a few years and had pretty well resigned to open carry as time and money never permitted me to get my permit until earlier this year. Feels nice to be complete once again.

VIP Member
    I applied for my carry permit shortly after I turned 21.

I bought my first handgun on my 21st birthday, and the TBI instant background check initially turned me down because somebody over there couldn't do basic math. So the sales clerk called in and said, "Ummm, today's her 21st birthday" and the little machine spat out the approval ticket.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar
    Starting shooting when I was 8. Bought my first pistol at age 16 (or should I say Mom bought - I paid for it).

Spent 8 years in the Army having a blast shooting anything I could get my hands on.

Got my CHL here in Texas at age 31. Been lawfully carrying for about 8 years now.

Isn't it great that so many states have finally gotten the message and "given" (hope everyone can tell this sentence is dripping with sarcasm) us our right to carry. Thank God for the NRA.
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

I too have been around guns all my life, shotguns, rifles and handguns. Started carrying at 24 and being in the military has only encouraged my interest. My son is my range buddy, wife and daughter also shot, trying to carry on the tradition. " The right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed upon "
    “Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.” Thomas Paine

"He who is prudent and lies in wait for an enemy who is not, will be victorious". Sun Tzu

Started carrying this year at the age of 28. I credit good sites like this to opening my eyes of citizen rights and the need to protect myself, family, and business. My wife also is now CCW and I am proud of her for doing so. In previous jobs there were 'no-gun' policies so it wouldn't have been allowed at work. Now we can carry wherever it is legal and we both do. No one at our business knows we CCW and we intend to keep it that way. Only family members are privy to that info, and not all members at that.

I've been shooting handguns, rifles and shotguns since I was eight years old. WOW! That's fifty-six years. Still can't, legally, carry concealed here in Wisconsin. I have, in the past, carried openly up in northern Wisconsin during various hunting seasons. Usually with a 357 Colt Python, S&W revolver, High Standard or Ruger .22 pistols strapped to my leg. Even going into stores and restaurants.
    The power of the future is in its ability to inspire the present.

I started in '95 at the age of 18. Haven't stopped since.
    OPE Prostaff
    www.outdoorproductexchange.com

Sitting Ducks Ltd. Prostaff
    http://www.sittingducks-ltd.com/

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links