I was wondering.....

This is a discussion on I was wondering..... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was 22, without benefit of permit, in the deep South. The statute of limitations has run on that offense, if it was illegal at ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: I was wondering.....

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    I was 22, without benefit of permit, in the deep South.

The statute of limitations has run on that offense, if it was illegal at the time.

I was so young and stupid at the time that it never occurred to me that: a) it could possibly illegal; or, b) to actually find out. Carried like that for about two years and stopped for 12 years.

Fast-forward the 12 years and I got the permit, started carrying everywhere it was legal to do so.

2. Remove Ads

Started carrying on my 21st birthday. Of course, when I turned 21, I was more excited about being able to buy handguns than beer.

My Daughter

I 've been shooting since I was a teenager, and bought my first handgun shortly after I turned 21. Car carry is legal in MS, so I pretty much always had a gun close at hand in the car. I got my carry permit when I was 30. My little girl was born when I was 29, and that's when I really started considering a permit to carry. I finally apllied and went through the four month wait, and she ended up being a little over 1 when the permit came through. My family (wife and daughter) are the main reason I carry whenever legal.
    "An armed man is a citizen, an unarmed man is a subject."

Sights? What are those?

Senior Member Array Joshua M. Smith's Avatar
    I illegally carried ONCE to go hunting. I didn't know anything about licenses, didn't even know they existed!

After I did find out, at age 16, I limited my handgun carrying to our property. I matched a .22mag Winny 9422 to a Ruger Single Six and was happy running around the defunct farm, and on surrounding property. I don't know if this was legal at the time, but it was the sticks and nobody said anything.

I kept a 5 shot Mossy 12 gauge in the truck. This was considered normal at the time, only 12 years or so ago in this area. I still remember when the vice-pricipal came over the intercom and told us hunters that we would no longer be allowed to do this.

At age 18 I could have legally gotten my permit, but I didn't feel I was mature enough at the time to be carrying in the general public. I dedicated two years to training and sent off for my permit figuring it would arrive on my 20th birthday. It didn't quite make it, but it was close, something like the 10th instead of the 5th of November.

Indiana law allows carry by 18 year olds and in retrospect, I probably was mature enough, just not experienced enough in handguns.

Josh <><

I started about 2 years ago at age 28. The very first day Missouri's CCW law went into effect I stuck my Ruger p-944 in my glove box since car carry was suddenly leagal even with out a permit. I became frustrated with St. louis county dragging their feet so I got me a permit from sheriff Denny Nau in centre county PA and still carry on that permit today.

I started carrying at 19 while in serving as a Master-At-Arms for the Navy.
    We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.
    George Orwell

Got mine at 21 in 1992 carried a S&W 4516 3rd gen(still have it) while working security in north western Indiana (Gary). Also it was against my fathers wishes (when he found out) because he thought I was just looking for trouble.
    -Diplomacy: The art of saying nice dogie until you can find a rock.
    -The truth is a three edged sword.
    -Your brain is your primary weapon everything else is just a tool.
    -When the only tool you have is a hammer then everything starts to look like a nail.

Got mine (OR and WA) a few months back after returning from Germany. How old am I now?...Oh yeah! 27.

Received my CWL on 29th B-day, best gift ever.

i started when i was 18, the same time i got my draft card to go to nam.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links