Story about armed WA judge makes news - Page 2

Story about armed WA judge makes news

This is a discussion on Story about armed WA judge makes news within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by DaveWorkman Clark Co. judge’s carry decision makes news, but why? This week’s revelation by the Vancouver Columbian that a Clark County Superior ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Story about armed WA judge makes news

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWorkman View Post
    Clark Co. judge’s carry decision makes news, but why?

This week’s revelation by the Vancouver Columbian that a Clark County Superior Court judge has decided to carry a defensive firearm nearly everywhere but the courtroom has stirred considerable public interest.

Clark Co. judge
    Much better than carrying a ball-peen hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverickx50 View Post
    Letting others know was a BIG mistake IMHO
    I think if I were a BG, casing a neiborhood, looking for some easy target house to rob, I'd pick one on 'liberal ave' and skip the ones on 'Wyatt Earp lane'.
    cid:X.MA2.1321010605@aol.com
    I thought it was well-documented that one big deterrent for BG's was whether the target was armed or not.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverickx50 View Post
    I can't imagine ANY judge NOT carrying. It would be like unarmed soldiers at the front lines. Way too many enemies to go out without some sort of protection in these times.
    Yes, years back before TX passed its CHL laws, we had the odd circumstance that certain public officials in dangerous or potentially dangerous jobs were unable to carry. I seem to recall an incident in which a legislator was attacked. I know there were complaints from DAs and Mayors. The old law here simply didn't allow for the common sense approach to allowing folks who become targets of nut jobs and revenge seekers to carry.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links