Champps Restaurants

This is a discussion on Champps Restaurants within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I had to go to an event at the local Champps restaurant last evening. This was the first time I had been to this restaurant ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Champps Restaurants

VIP Member

Champps Restaurants

I had to go to an event at the local Champps restaurant last evening. This was the first time I had been to this restaurant since the change in Ohio's laws a couple of months ago. This restaurant is now posted. I am curious if any of you know if this is a chain or local policy or if the Champps in your area are also posted. I plan to contact Champps with a polite e-mail, but it would be handy to have more info before I draft the message. I appreciate any input y'all have.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    The Champps on the west side of Denver has been posted for years.

I know the parking lot for the one in Valley View is posted. But there are other businesses in that lot, so I don't know if it was at their request.

I am aware of a sign in Minnetonka, MN, but it is behind a fake tree, cannot quite make out what it says... probably a drink special. ;-) I carry everywhere, unless asked to leave, then I carry to somewhere else.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
    Thunder71 likes this.
    It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. - David Hume

Quote Originally Posted by ecrist View Post
    I am aware of a sign in Minnetonka, MN, but it is behind a fake tree, cannot quite make out what it says... probably a drink special. ;-) I carry everywhere, unless asked to leave, then I carry to somewhere else.

I think I saw the one in Maplewood also posted. 35E @ Larpentuer

Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    I had to go to an event at the local Champps restaurant last evening. This was the first time I had been to this restaurant since the change in Ohio's laws a couple of months ago. This restaurant is now posted. I am curious if any of you know if this is a chain or local policy or if the Champps in your area are also posted. I plan to contact Champps with a polite e-mail, but it would be handy to have more info before I draft the message. I appreciate any input y'all have.
    I made this up and posted it on another thread, but might try telling them :

"If my Legal Self, Legal Handgun and Legal Permit are not welcome, then my Legal Tender is also not welcome."
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    I made this up and posted it on another thread, but might try telling them :

"If my Legal Self, Legal Handgun and Legal Permit are not welcome, then my Legal Tender is also not welcome."
    Huh, could have swore I've read that about 50 times on various gun forums, now I know who came up with it. :)

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ecrist View Post

Why do you support anti-gun businesses with your patronage and money?
    Stubborn and Bullet1234 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    Huh, could have swore I've read that about 50 times on various gun forums, now I know who came up with it. :)

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    Hmmmm. I did not do a Google search for the "author" of that, perhaps I should have. Oh well, I'm taking credit for it unless it has been copyrighted and someone else comes forward!
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

LOL

Honestly, it doesn't mean much here in Minnesota. Even if there's a sign they have to ask you to leave, which has yet to happen (knock on wood). Some places I just enjoy, regardless of their poor decisions otherwise. Besides, I have a family of 5 and I don't expect everyone to adhere to a 'no guns, no patronage' rule from me.

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    The Champs Sports Bar in Lakeland Fl. is not posted, but now that I am aware of this I will not patronize them anymore. I like Hooters or Wing House much better anyway, and my gun is welcome there.
    If my gun is not welcome, neither is my money.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by Stubborn View Post
    The Champs Sports Bar in Lakeland Fl. is not posted, but now that I am aware of this I will not patronize them anymore. I like Hooters or Wing House much better anyway, and my gun is welcome there.
    If my gun is not welcome, neither is my money.
    When I was in Dallas earlier this year, I went to a Hooters and they had a No Gun Permitted sign, but was not the Texas enforcible sign (30.6). So I went in and had dinner and left. The ones here in Iowa aren't posted, so I think it may be an owner policy!
    NRA Member
    Ruger LC9
    Taurus PT92 AF
    Mosin-Nagant 91/30 (2)
    If you are going to shoot at Mimes, should you use a silencer?? ( Steven Wright)

I asked a Sheriff about carry in a certain restaurant and he said," If you carry concealed correctly, who would know?" I just look like any other 60 year old stumbling threw life. Know one has a clue I carry Two Guns.
    TommyGun4169 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by FTG-05 View Post
    Why do you support anti-gun businesses with your patronage and money?
    Because my entire life doesn't revolve around guns. If they ask me to not carry inside, I will leave. At that point, I will not come back. I enjoy Champps, and enjoy some of the wait staff there. Good beer, good burgers, etc.
    It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. - David Hume

Thanks for the heads up on yet another place not to patronize.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links