Bring extra mags or not?

This is a discussion on Bring extra mags or not? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Carry at least one spare mag, sometimes two....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Bring extra mags or not?

Carry at least one spare mag, sometimes two.
    TN_Mike likes this.

Outlaw Guns and Only Outlaws Will Have Guns !!

2. Remove Ads

I carry at least one...OWB.

It's not about ammo, as much as it is about clearing a mag malfunction in your gun.
    TN_Mike likes this.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Storm View Post
    I always bring at least an extra magazine with my pistol. Criminals attack in packs these days. Also, other factors may be a bad magazine as well as assailants not being affected by bullets that extra rds. might be needed to do the job.
    Just like they did in the past.

Haven't gotten my permit yet, but I will have at least one spare mag at all times. There's a multitude of reasons to have one, and no good reasons not to have one.
    TN_Mike likes this.
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

Yes, always carry at least one spare mag. If the mag in my gun fails, still the most common failure point on a modern semi-auto firearm, I want a spare one that may save my life or the lives of my loved ones.

I do not expect to ever get into a protracted firefight. But my mag might just fail. I have worked at a few ranges and I seen mag bases break, springs fail and all manner of mag jams. I want a second one in case anything happens to the first one. They weigh next to nothing, so why NOT carry one?
    ks kid likes this.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I carry an extra mag in an OWB holder. If I am wearing an IWB holster, that is enough inside the belt for me. I don't have it in the pocket because of lint or getting the feed lips damaged, plus, I keep certain things in the same pockets all the time so I don't lose stuff by accidently reaching in the wrong pocket.

Knife clipped onto front left. Change and a few bills also in front left. Keys in front right; wallet in back left; comb in back right. Cell phone left side at 3:30. Extra magazine left side at 4:00. Gun right side at 3:30.

I guess if I ever decide to go with a backup gun I may need to change how and where I carry stuff.

3D
    Bring extra mags or not?

Uninterestingly repetitious.
    Yes .... 2 [single stack .45 ACP] ....OWB
    for all the reasons cited above.
    "It is easier to resist at the beginning than at the end"____Leonardo da Vinci 1452-1519

I always carry an extra mag OWB with the bullets (lead) forward. This is how I was trained so it is how I carry. The reasons have already been stated, mag failure and BG's travel in packs.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    so if I need the whole mag and a reload, I'm in over my head, and it's gonna take more than just me to dig out of it.
    Agreed
    United By Individuality

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links