Which states honor my Michigan CPL

This is a discussion on Which states honor my Michigan CPL within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I will be driving down to South Carolina. Is there a website I can go to to see which states I can carry in?...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Aduc

Thread: Which states honor my Michigan CPL

Which states honor my Michigan CPL

I will be driving down to South Carolina. Is there a website I can go to to see which states I can carry in?

2. Remove Ads

Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

VIP Member
    Handgunlaw.us and go to "create license map".

That feature is down for now, but you can go to "who honours my permit".
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Go to this link and use the interactive map. Works great!

Concealed Carry Permit Reciprocity Maps
    If you wish for peace, prepare for war.

Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming.

So if you're driving from Michigan to South Carolina you will go through....

Ohio - good
    Kentucky - good
    Tennessee - good
    South Carolina - good

And depending on the route you take you might go through

Indiana - good
    Georgia - good

Unless you're taking a different route, you should be fine in every state.
    MotorCityGun likes this.
    I work for a company that offers firearms training in Florida, Colorado, Iowa, Wisconsin and soon to be Minnesota. Please visit our website below or check us out on http://facebook.com/equip2conceal

www.equip2conceal.com

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    If you are stopped or pulled over by a LEO/trooper for any "official" reason, whether or not there is a legal obligation to inform, I recommend that you do as you would as if you were pulled over in MI.

MSP - Proper Conduct During Encounters with Police
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    You are lucky to have a MI permit. It's one of the most widely accepted permits. You are good in 2 more states than I with my CO & UT permits combined.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    You are lucky to have a MI permit. It's one of the most widely accepted permits. You are good in 2 more states than I with my CO & UT permits combined.
    I agree. Michigan gives you more states than either FL or UT which are considered the best permits to get. The problem with Michigan is they don't offer non-resident permits. I live in WI so I can't get the MI permit. I am considering getting a FL permit but that wouldn't give me as many states as MI would.

Quote Originally Posted by SoleShtr View Post
    I agree. Michigan gives you more states than either FL or UT which are considered the best permits to get. The problem with Michigan is they don't offer non-resident permits. I live in WI so I can't get the MI permit. I am considering getting a FL permit but that wouldn't give me as many states as MI would.
    Yeah there are two things Michigan does that some other states don't. We do not give non-resdent permits and we do not honor non-resident permits, so even if you lived in Wisconsin and had a Florida permit, it wouldn't be honored in Michigan. I think they did that because they realized that alot of people were getting non-resident permits to avoid restrictions or requirements in their home states. Perhaps they had legal issues that prevented a resident permit in their home state but they could sneak through on a non resident permit from another state.

In any event, at least now you can get your Wisconsin permit and come visit us in Michigan! Michigan honors all resident CPL/CCW permits.

Links