Did you CC for black friday? - Page 2

Did you CC for black friday?

This is a discussion on Did you CC for black friday? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I did, all day. Spent the day moving boxes and furniture to load a 26 foot uhaul for some friends. My Kahr spent the day ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Did you CC for black friday?

I did, all day. Spent the day moving boxes and furniture to load a 26 foot uhaul for some friends. My Kahr spent the day in it's MTAC holster on my side. I don't even notice it anymore. Carry always never tell.
    DontTreadOnI likes this.

I really think the question should be wisdom of carrying among crazy crowds of packed together people. I simply avoid those situations. However, if for whatever reason you went would you carry and if so how would you carry? If you get into a fight and police arrive and you are armed could be problem as how could they sort out what happened. And then problem of being that close and potential of gun grab or person yelling "gun", if they bump into you and detect gun, whatever.

Again simple solution is to simply avoid those situation, which I and I suspect most panel members did. A true example of avoidance being the best policy.
    MadMac and 9MMare like this.

I carried today... Went to Walmart and bought the kid a Savage .22 bolt action for his birthday tomorrow, $117!!! There was one guy that looked odd and he had his hand on his right side where someone would carry.. I kept my eye on him for a bit but he didn't do anything.. He never did take his hand out of position.

Lightbulb

I carried as usual, at a couple rather large and populated malls one indoors and one huge outlet mall with over 60 full size stores, it was pretty cool. I had no issues, plus I got a corded Porter Cable half-inch chuck hammer drill with all the bells and whistles for $36.74 out the door. A $125 drill, and 70 on amazon. I'm a sucker for a good deal, but I didn't have a drill so it was a good tool to add to my collection.

Really?

Here in WA St, I could have carried anywhere I would have shopped....and would have. Except that I shopped online. One thing I ordered was the 2012 Gun Digest....cant wait til it comes!

I dislike shopping in general and crowds always.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

I always carry and have for over 38 years. Have yet to meet any crazies I have had to draw on.
    I bought a tower heater from Blaines Farm and Fleet for $22.00 Friday. Got it for my family room.

I always carry. enough said.
    Kahr CW9
    Sig P239/9mm
    Ruger LC9 (when the girlfriend lets me carry her gun)

"First Duty is To Remember"

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jack76590 View Post
    I really think the question should be wisdom of carrying among crazy crowds of packed together people.
    If this is a place or event you would not go without a gun, you should not go at all. YOU, not the crowd are responsible for your weapons and your actions. Thinking that just because there is a herd present that you should disarm yourself is the sort of reasoning that is typical of an anti.
    I simply avoid those situations. However, if for whatever reason you went would you carry and if so how would you carry?
    See my above response. I would carry the same as always.
    If you get into a fight and police arrive and you are armed could be problem as how could they sort out what happened.
    As someone with a CCW you can't afford to get into a fight. If someone tries to start something with you, you first deescalate. If that doesn't work, you retreat. Failing that you respond with appropriate force, just as you would if you didn't have a gun. If you are really questioning this concept, you should review the concept of the continuum of force. This is also why many here will state that they carry options other than lethal.
    And then problem of being that close and potential of gun grab or person yelling "gun", if they bump into you and detect gun, whatever.
    One must always be wary of a gun grab. This also goes back to a concept that has been raised here many times: concealed is concealed. This is why you don't want the public to know. If someone does notice, it may or may not be a problem, it is state specific. Most states either allow OC and / or define brandishing laws such that someone unintentionally noticing is not a problem. If someone does notice and you are legal, it should not be a problem. First, chances are if they notice something, their first thought won't be gun. Second, if they do notice, they will probably think off duty or undercover cop.
    Again simple solution is to simply avoid those situation, which I and I suspect most panel members did. A true example of avoidance being the best policy.
    If that works for you, fine.

I took all my defensive tools and put them in the safe, then took the wife out shopping for the day; just felt lucky...

Hah! Just kiddin.... Crazies or not, special day, or not. As long as it's legal I'll be carrying. I literally consider my firearm to be an extension of my body and that only changes due to the legality for my destination. IMO, old man Murphy met his match when GBK came of age.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

My thoughts to you and the loss of your companion of 16 years. Dogs are awesome and bring such joy.
    Quote Originally Posted by tubzz View Post
    we stayed home and had a funeral, i did carry all day but it was just a little old P-22, i had to put down a very old dog (16 years) and just kept it on me all day,
    even if we didn't have to do what had to be done we would of stayed home,nothing i like more than a nice day off at home in the woods
    I carried all day. Went to the bank for a few minutes, then home again. Weird putting up Christmas decorations with a gun on me (I'm a newbie).
    Carpe Diem
    "Winter Is Coming"

Yesterday was the first day for me to conceal. I started by going up on my ladder to hang Christmas lights and then later I went shopping with my brother and my wife.
    If you wish for peace, prepare for war.

I went Black Friday shopping 1 time about 6 years ago, I will never do that insanity again. I didn't know anything about it and me and the wife were suckered into it by a relative. As for CC, there haven't been more than a handful of days I haven't since I got the permit. Just like any other item I carry daily, it's an automatic when I get dressed in the morning.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Coinneach View Post
    No, did not even leave the house ... there's nothing that I really needed. If I had gone out I'd probably not carry due to the crowds.
    All you needed to do was look at the news, the large crowds was all the more reason to be carrying.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    For me it was another day of carrying as usual. Never even left the house until after 1:00 PM.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links