Did you CC for black friday?

This is a discussion on Did you CC for black friday? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The only time I don't carry is in prohibited locations, schools, court houses, etc. Shopping, working, relaxing, whatever, I'm always armed....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Did you CC for black friday?

The only time I don't carry is in prohibited locations, schools, court houses, etc. Shopping, working, relaxing, whatever, I'm always armed.
    "You have to answer for Santino, Carlo. You fingered Sonny for the Barzini people."

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    Interesting note: We were in La Crosse Wisconsin Friday. Saw over a dozen people open carrying. First time I've seen even one. Probably those still waiting for their CC licenses and wanting to protect themselves and families from the weird out of control shoppers.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

You mean, black Friday is different from any other day??? I didnt get the memo....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Today,yesterday,oneday,anyday,Friday,Friday after next,Black Friday,My gun is part of my Self-Defense Package,like my EDC Knife,and Hands and Feet.So yes,IC.C. every day!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparelink View Post
    I did. I know that there are all the crazies out there. Thankfully I didn't need to use it or even think about it. Although I was a little worried about the crowd and bumping into people, but made sure I led with my weak side and not my strong side.

Anyone have any bad experiences or draw their weapon?
    Black Friday is a day, therefore I was CCing.

No, we stayed home yesterday, don't need the extra hassle.

Under the general operating principle of "Don't go where crowds of stupid people do stupid things" I stayed home and did my Black Friday shopping via the Internet.
    9MMare likes this.

Yes, but the only places I went were the grocery store, and the indoor range.

Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DontTreadOnI View Post
    The only place I went was Gander Mountain after work this morning to get some Hornady shotgun slugs since I am leaving to go hunting this weekend and next week, carried as always. Picked up a half off Blackhawk single stack 9mm magazine holder for half off too!
    I was in there last weekend and saw a $699 Glock 26. Their Blazer ammo was about a third more than I pay for it at Fur, Fin, and Feather, as well. That place is way too rich for my blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Coinneach View Post
    No, did not even leave the house ... there's nothing that I really needed. If I had gone out I'd probably not carry due to the crowds.
    If the crowds made me to scared to carry around them I would consider it to dangerous to be around them armed or not.

Michael

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DontTreadOnI View Post
    The only place I went was Gander Mountain after work this morning to get some Hornady shotgun slugs since I am leaving to go hunting this weekend and next week, carried as always. Picked up a half off Blackhawk single stack 9mm magazine holder for half off too!
    it was half off twice, does this mean free?
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Yep! Black friday,White friday or any friday.
    Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    why is this even being discussed? part of getting dressed in the morning is putting the gun on
    Member NRA
    Served in U.S.A.F.(jet engine mechanic)
    Kel-Tec P3AT
    Don't Leave Home Without It!

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    Although I never went out shopping on Black Friday, I did carry an H&K USP .40 on a strong-side leather hip holster hidden under a leather windbreaker jacket. As a matter of fact, also went to shoot with that same carry pistol at the indoor range too.

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    All you needed to do was look at the news, the large crowds was all the more reason to be carrying.
    I'm not sure I understand why carrying around large crowds is more important? ('more reason')

I see such crowds as a much less likely place that I could ever safely discharge my weapon. What is your reasoning?

Also thinking of isolation as it's often considered dangerous, so again....crowds are obnoxious and active...but more dangerous? (If you are sufficiently mobile that is...if you are compromised physically, that is indeed scary, but in a way that a firearm wouldnt help.)
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Quote Originally Posted by INccwchris View Post
    it was half off twice, does this mean free?
    By my calculations, he should have gotten it for 25% of the orginal price. Half off 100% is 50%, then half off that would be 25%. But then again, its been a lot of years since my last math class!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links