Did you CC for black friday?

This is a discussion on Did you CC for black friday? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I did. I know that there are all the crazies out there. Thankfully I didn't need to use it or even think about it. Although ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Did you CC for black friday?

Did you CC for black friday?

I did. I know that there are all the crazies out there. Thankfully I didn't need to use it or even think about it. Although I was a little worried about the crowd and bumping into people, but made sure I led with my weak side and not my strong side.

Anyone have any bad experiences or draw their weapon?

2. Remove Ads

No different for me than any other day.

VIP Member
    CC as usual, nice quite day with no problems.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Just another day.... but I went to a funeral, not the mall. Of course there are some people in my family who must be constantly monitored.... but no problems

No, did not even leave the house ... there's nothing that I really needed. If I had gone out I'd probably not carry due to the crowds.

Quote Originally Posted by Coinneach View Post
    If I had gone out I'd probably not carry due to the crowds.
    Not sure what that has to do with anything?

we stayed home and had a funeral, i did carry all day but it was just a little old P-22, i had to put down a very old dog (16 years) and just kept it on me all day,
    even if we didn't have to do what had to be done we would of stayed home,nothing i like more than a nice day off at home in the woods
    terry

I carried for the 5 minutes i was in the mall at 1:00 pm. The crowds weren't bad when i went but reading how crazy some people were I definitely would have more than any other day.

Just the same as every other day regarding cc.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

No different for me. Yeah, of course I carried. Went to Lowes this morning to get a round receptacle box to put up a new light outside the front door. Came back home, put the light up, then Pink Lady and I went to the wireless store to exchange a phone that had a problem. Carried there also of course. Spent the rest of the day at home. I did however avoid such rabid places as Walmart. I'm glad. Never know.. I may have gotten pepper sprayed!
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Carried like always. No problems.

Went to the bank and withdrew a large sum of cash for a two-Kimber deal on Sunday.

With that much cash in my pocket, the Kimber on my hip felt good.

Yes, both me and the wife carried our handguns, her LCR and the LCP for me.

Had no problems whatsoever.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

why is this even being discussed? part of getting dressed in the morning is putting the gun on

OK, and now this is kind of wandering off topic a little, but have any of you thought about how you would have responded to someone in a crowd suddenly pepperspraying a bunch of people?

I did. I hope to never get up at Midnight to stand in line at Walmart with the crazies. I would retreat immediately with the pepperspray thing, unless I was in the middle of it. Unless I was completely incapacitated, I would have viewed the woman as a threat and at least tried to tackle her, as I would not know her motive and would have to assume it was assault. I've never been peppersprayed, though I have walked through mace, and that was quite unpleasant, though not debilitating because it was indirect.

But back on topic, why would you NOT cc? I wouldn't leave the house without my gun any more than I would forget to wear pants.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    The only place I went was Gander Mountain after work this morning to get some Hornady shotgun slugs since I am leaving to go hunting this weekend and next week, carried as always. Picked up a half off Blackhawk single stack 9mm magazine holder for half off too!
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links