Carry at Universal Studios Orlando??

This is a discussion on Carry at Universal Studios Orlando?? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Excuse me if this has been discussed but couldn't find anything using the search option. My family of 5 is going on vacation to Florida ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By zonker1986
  • 2 Post By Majorlk

Thread: Carry at Universal Studios Orlando??

Excuse me if this has been discussed but couldn't find anything using the search option. My family of 5 is going on vacation to Florida over Christmas and we plan on going to Universal Studios in Orlando. Is CC allowed there? I'm from Iowa so my guard is going to be on an all time high traveling to the big city!! Anything special I need to know about carry in Florida?

2. Remove Ads

A 4-second Google quest revealed this previous thread:

Carry in Universal Studios, FL

Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

short answer, NO

FLA law does not restrict carrying there however any property owner can set their own rules. Universal does not allow carrying on their property.
    That said, you can try to get away with it and the worst that can happen is that they ask you to leave, failure to comply with their request to leave could result in an arrest for armed trespass.

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    OP be aware...the "armed trespass" apvbguy mentioned above, is a FELONY in Florida. Even a small pocket knife will constitute being armed.
    If you are "asked to leave" somewhere in Florida...do not hesitate...leave.
    Just an FYI
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by Stubborn View Post
    OP be aware...the "armed trespass" apvbguy mentioned above, is a FELONY in Florida. Even a small pocket knife will constitute being armed.
    If you are "asked to leave" somewhere in Florida...do not hesitate...leave.
    Just an FYI
    Per FL statute definition, an "ordinary pocketknife" is not considered a weapon (unless used as such) and can be carried concealed without a CWFL.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Not to argue with you, but if you are caught trespassing and you have an "ordinary" pocketknife in your posession it
    WILL BE considered a weapon.
    I'm not argueing that it can be carried without a CWFL.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

just to be on the "safe" side, I never go to Disney or Universal.
    Stubborn, Charles07 and bigmacque like this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

I was at the Disney parks 2 weeks ago.The security is a joke. They check purses and bags but no body frisks. I could have had TNT around my waist or nitro in my pocket. I might have even been carrying. Its perceived security just like at the airports.

No metal detectors or wands used during the day this past October, probe bags with stick; however, they would close the park and then reopen for Halloween nights (or some name like that) and they were setting up walk through metal detectors for that, saw them as I was leaving the park. Different levels of security were being used for regular park hours vs after park hours.

P.S. There isn't anything in that park (or any other) I be willing to walk through a metal detector to see (I'm not saying I was carrying ); and it's about a mile & half walk back to the nearest trolley stop, just saying.
    No internal lock or magazine disconnect on my pistols!

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    just to be on the "safe" side, I never go to Disney or Universal.

Haha, I moved to Florida 8 years ago and live less than an hour from Orlando. You want to know how many times I've been to Disney or Universal.... ZERO! :P
    I work for a company that offers firearms training in Florida, Colorado, Iowa, Wisconsin and soon to be Minnesota. Please visit our website below or check us out on http://facebook.com/equip2conceal

www.equip2conceal.com

I never cease to be amazed at the cocoons that some of the posters on this forum seem to isolate themselves in. There's more to life and living than carrying a gun every waking moment
    MadMac and bcvojak like this.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

I live in Orlando. CC at the parks? NAH , unless you plan to kill the Sith Lord.

Check this link it give you a state by state synopsis on their gun and knife laws.

Have a safe trip.

Handgunlaw.us

Did an extensive search last week before going to Orlando Disney world and other parks with the a family

Coming from IL it was the first time cc all the time and first couple of days was bit uncomfy. Kahr pm9 iwb

Later was a second nature. We were in FL for a week and never had a problem. 4 of those days were in the parks

One day we drove to Clearwater and my gps took me off the hwy into some very interesting hood. Having my kahr with me made me feel a bit better. Never had to use it which is a good thing

So, as Long as you don't show it is all good. Thank you for prior info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Links